onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
May 10th, 2021 at 11:14:00 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

that's annual salary.
the $30M i was talking about is net worth.

pretax for $75k/yr salary, post tax for $30M net worth.

cant believe my google powers failed in searching for that $30M article.

Oh I thought you had said 3 million. I think 3 million is enough. 30 million is CRAZY, just way too much to say there will be no worries. With want there is suffering, so I would think 30 million might put the fear of losing it quite high.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 528
Mission146
May 10th, 2021 at 5:57:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Either way, the sums are nonsense. Less than one percent of the people have a net worth approaching that. Are we to assume 99% of the people aren't happy or financially secure?
I am quite happy and financially set for life and don't have a fraction of thirty million dollars.

Quote: onenickelmiracle

Oh I thought you had said 3 million. I think 3 million is enough. 30 million is CRAZY, just way too much to say there will be no worries. With want there is suffering, so I would think 30 million might put the fear of losing it quite high.

i dont quite remember the article i think $30M is the plateau/cap.
you can do anything you want with $30m.
anything more isnt going to make you that much better
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 76
Mission146
May 11th, 2021 at 7:18:54 AM permalink

i dont quite remember the article i think $30M is the plateau/cap.
you can do anything you want with $30m.
anything more isnt going to make you that much better

I can't even buy a nice new jet for $30 million.
Order from chaos
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 223
Mission146
May 11th, 2021 at 8:25:06 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I can't even buy a nice new jet for $30 million.

This article sez you can ! You're Welcome. Let us know which kind you get !

The price for a brand-new private jet ranges from $3 million to $90 million. Though secondhand jets are cheaper, they still cost millions of dollars. For perspective, a pre-owned Gulfstream G450 costs around $14.75 million on the Gulfstream website. With extras and customization, the price can soar to hundreds of millions of dollars.

Given the costs, itís easy to see why more people opt for a private jet rental over private ownership. The purchase price of a private jet represents only a fraction of the cost of owning one. Maintenance and repair costs depend on the size of the aircraft but typically range from $500,000 to $4 million per year.

source: https://www.bankrate.com/loans/personal-loans/how-much-does-a-private-jet-cost/
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 179
Mission146
May 11th, 2021 at 8:29:08 AM permalink
Last time I tried to buy the Yankees $30 million didn't even get me a weekend in the owners box.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 179
Mission146
May 11th, 2021 at 8:31:13 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

The price for a brand-new private jet ranges from $3 million to $90 million. Though secondhand jets are cheaper, they still cost millions of dollars. For perspective, a pre-owned Gulfstream G450 costs around $14.75 million on the Gulfstream website. With extras and customization, the price can soar to hundreds of millions of dollars.

Given the costs, itís easy to see why more people opt for a private jet rental over private ownership. The purchase price of a private jet represents only a fraction of the cost of owning one. Maintenance and repair costs depend on the size of the aircraft but typically range from $500,000 to $4 million per year.

source: https://www.bankrate.com/loans/personal-loans/how-much-does-a-private-jet-cost/

G6 or die trying!
DRich
DRich
Mission146
May 11th, 2021 at 11:15:43 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

That article mainly talks about used jets. I clearly said that I would like a nice new one. i have flown in many private jets and most of them are just minivans with wings. I need one that can hold at least 11 people and travel over 6000 miles without refueling. I would still have to stop and refuel on my way to Sydney but at least I could fly nonstop from Las Vegas to my home in St. Martin.

The Gulfstream G7 is the top of the line and costs close to $75 million. I would settle for a G6 but a new one is still close to $55 million.
Last edited by: DRich on May 11, 2021
Order from chaos
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
Mission146
May 12th, 2021 at 8:43:06 AM permalink
All the more reason to play the lottery, when after tax payouts exceeds $75 million.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 528
Mission146
May 12th, 2021 at 11:07:18 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Last time I tried to buy the Yankees $30 million didn't even get me a weekend in the owners box.

back in the 80's i got invited for pitching tryouts for the Yankees.

but i was going to hawaii with 2 beautiful twins during the tryouts period.
now im kicking myself for not going to the tryouts.

but if i canceled my 3some with the twins and didnt get the pitching job, i would be kicking myself now for not having a 3some with twins.
damned if i do, damned if i dont.

(now if i did goto tryouts and became a pitcher for the Yankees, i'd imagine i'd get another shot at a 3some with twins sometime down the line)

yes, i'm kidding
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
Mission146
May 12th, 2021 at 2:46:38 PM permalink

(now if i did goto tryouts and became a pitcher for the Yankees, i'd imagine i'd get another shot at a 3some with twins sometime down the line)

yes, i'm kidding

Yes, you would probably get 6 or more opportunities with Twins each year, Minnesota Twins that is.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: