bw
bw
  • Threads: 6
December 25th, 2013 at 9:24:36 PM permalink
Always lots of confusion in the banking procedure, you are correct the dealers need more training in it.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 25th, 2013 at 9:28:24 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
December 25th, 2013 at 9:30:18 PM permalink
Same with the MGM in Vegas
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 25th, 2013 at 9:40:03 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 25th, 2013 at 9:44:44 PM permalink
Not surprising that MGM has better rules...I'll have to swing by next time I'm in Vegas. Banking every other hand at a table with other players who don't want to bank...that's a great play.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
bw
bw
  • Threads: 6
December 25th, 2013 at 9:47:45 PM permalink
Especially when the other players set their hands poorly!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 25th, 2013 at 9:55:37 PM permalink
Good players who bet big insist on banking, so I think it will remain available for a while yet, at least on traditional PGP (vs. EZ). But the dealers do have some trouble doing it well in most places for some reason. The places I've played, it's all every other hand when head-to-head, or at worst the button goes around, and only returns to the dealer if someone banks. Things could easily be changing, though.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 25th, 2013 at 10:02:54 PM permalink
I forgot the highlight of my recent banking experiment - on the first hand I banked, I won the high hand and copied on the low hand. He started to take my money! I'm like, hey! There's a reason I'm banking here...he realized it before having to call the floor to give me my win back.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 25th, 2013 at 10:06:13 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I forgot the highlight of my recent banking experiment - on the first hand I banked, I won the high hand and copied on the low hand. He started to take my money! I'm like, hey! There's a reason I'm banking here...he realized it before having to call the floor to give me my win back.

*facepalm*
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
December 25th, 2013 at 10:36:45 PM permalink
As earlier requested, here is a link to my personal way used for $$$ from 1993-2006. Since posting the strat, I have tweaked it slightly to accomodate playing 2's 3's and 4's in the same manner. There was also one oversight, that cause a ranking to move up one step. Splitting two pairs slightly modified outside of 2233, 2244, and 3344.

The final 2013 model for Player or Player as Banker is therefore as follows;

...The Player Way: "Front hand" or "front" is the 2-card hand. These decisions are made top to bottom.
If a decision fails, move to the next-lower decision. If the decision matches, then the EXCEPTIONS and STEPS are tested.
Ace-Face is AJ, AQ, or AK. A Royal-Straight-Flush is a Straight-Flush by these tests.

Five Aces: A Pair of Aces plays to the front hand.

Quad + Triple: Play the high Pair in front.

Quad + Pair: The Pair plays in front.

[Straight-Flush, Flush, or Straight] containing one Pair or better: Best [choice] 5-card hand + Pair.
....(Covers Ace-Ace-Ace-Joker that is also a Straight, Flush, or Straight-Flush)

Quads: TTTT = Four Tens, split = Pair + Pair. Play these STEPS as follows from top to bottom;
...1.) 2222, 3333, 4444: do not split. The two highest ranked remainders play to front.
...2.) 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888: King or Ace with best non-quad plays to front, else split.
...3.) 9999, TTTT, J J J J, QQQQ: Ace with best non-quad plays to front, else split.
...4.) KKKK or AAAA: Split, EXCEPT play KKK + AK, OR play AAA + Ace-Face.

Full House + Pair: Higher of the two Pairs plays to front hand.

Full House or Two Triples: Play as Low Triple + Pair,
...EXCEPT Play Ace-Face in front of any Full House having the Pair ranked 4-4 or less.

[Straight-Flush, Flush, or Straight] that is also Three Pairs: Play as Three Pairs (see below).

[Straight-Flush, Flush, or Straight] that is also Two Pairs: Play as Two Pairs (see below)

[Straight-Flush, Flush, or Straight]: Play the [choice] 5-card hand + best two cards.

Triples: Best two non-triples play to front,
...EXCEPT AAA splits as Ace with best non-triple in front of AA with remainders.

Three Pairs: Play the highest Pair to front.

Two Pairs: split = High Pair with others + Low Pair. Play these STEPS as follows from top to bottom;
...1.) High Pair AA or KK: Always split.
...2.) Low Pair 10-10 or better: Always split.
...3.) High Pair 99 to QQ: Play Ace with best non-pair to front, else split.
...4.) High Pair 55 to 88: Play King or Ace with best non-pair to front, else split.
...5.) High Pair 44 or 33: Do Not Split, play the two best non-pairs to front.

One Pair: Play the Pair and three lowest ranks as the 5-card hand with remaining two cards in front.

High Card (Pai Gow): Play the 2nd and 3rd highest ranks in front: all other cards in back.

I did find Dan's, but will refrain until he wishes to link.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.

• Jump to: