July 31st, 2012 at 1:45:41 PM permalink
PokerStarsBlog

It is official.
Always look for opportunities.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
July 31st, 2012 at 2:13:26 PM permalink
PokerStars didn't admit to doing anything wrong. While it isn't allowed to have a division in the U.S. for now, the settlement will allow it "to apply to relevant U.S. gaming authorities, under both PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker brands, to offer real money online poker when State or Federal governments introduce a framework to regulate such activity," the company said.

I copied the above paragraph out of the PR. Are we closer to legalized online gaming than I think we are? I would've thought that we were years away, but the above seems to indicate something more imminent?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Juyemura
Juyemura
  • Threads: 39
July 31st, 2012 at 3:25:09 PM permalink
Wow! I can eat!
Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 31st, 2012 at 4:36:24 PM permalink
Yeah you can eat sometime within 3 years. The 547 Million is to be paid out during that time period.
Juyemura
Juyemura
  • Threads: 39
July 31st, 2012 at 4:42:24 PM permalink
Sigh. Back to ramen and peanut butter sandwiches.
Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
August 1st, 2012 at 1:19:09 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

PokerStars didn't admit to doing anything wrong. While it isn't allowed to have a division in the U.S. for now, the settlement will allow it "to apply to relevant U.S. gaming authorities, under both PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker brands, to offer real money online poker when State or Federal governments introduce a framework to regulate such activity," the company said.

I copied the above paragraph out of the PR. Are we closer to legalized online gaming than I think we are? I would've thought that we were years away, but the above seems to indicate something more imminent?

Nevada is a few months away from approving an in-state system, and has already started accepting deposits and applications from providers. A large cadre of California cardrooms are organized as well, but the state legislature is way behind Nevada.

The Nevada system is supposed to be limited to in-state players. I expect that the backers assume regional, national, and international approval will eventually follow.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
August 1st, 2012 at 2:08:09 PM permalink
I imagine online poker will be legalized as soon as LVS, CZR, MGM say they have their systems up and running.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
September 17th, 2013 at 4:08:38 PM permalink
Bump. If you are a US player and had money in a Full Tilt account, you should have got an email detailing how to claim your money. You only have until Nov. 16th, 2013 to claim it, or you forfeit it. I have ~$125 there, not sure if I will bother...meh

Also check your spam folder, that's where my claim instructions went...grrr
UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
September 18th, 2013 at 10:25:03 AM permalink
Isn't there also a Delaware system in the works?
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
  • Threads: 15
September 18th, 2013 at 1:29:56 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Bump. If you are a US player and had money in a Full Tilt account, you should have got an email detailing how to claim your money. You only have until Nov. 16th, 2013 to claim it, or you forfeit it. I have ~$125 there, not sure if I will bother...meh

Also check your spam folder, that's where my claim instructions went...grrr

Thanks for posting this. I also only had around $150 on the site, and I went through the process and it asks for SSN as part of the claims process. Any idea whyit needs this information and/or if we should provide that info?

Thanks again for the heads up.
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
  • Threads: 15
September 18th, 2013 at 1:42:17 PM permalink
Well, just went through the process and answered my own question. The FAQ states that the SSN is required for the IRS to recover funds on delinquent accounts (i.e. student loans, outstanding non-payments on taxes, etc.) similar to those which are automatically taken out of tax returns. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my balance was actually around $200 instead of the $150 I thought was on there (it's been so long, I had lost track), so hopefully I'll see that money coming back around the holidays. Took me less than 5 minutes to complete the claim, pretty painless minus the entry of SSN and bank account information.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 18th, 2013 at 2:30:14 PM permalink
Are the scammers already working on this to solicit banking information. I bet they are !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
September 18th, 2013 at 2:37:25 PM permalink
Just filled it out. Not a lot of money but it is owed to me. I did like how anyone who ever received any compensation for Full Tilt as a Pro player is not getting any money back. Now if Jesus and Lederer spent a few months in jail, it would be even nicer.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
September 18th, 2013 at 4:46:43 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Just filled it out. Not a lot of money but it is owed to me. I did like how anyone who ever received any compensation for Full Tilt as a Pro player is not getting any money back. Now if Jesus and Lederer spent a few months in jail, it would be even nicer.

Eh I don't, there were many innocent "Red Pros" that basically were playing with extra rakeback and possibly a small hourly rate. But the big boys, Ivey, Jesus, Lederer, Lindgren, etc., yeah, they don't deserve anything.

And given how painless the process sounds, maybe I will bother with it.
  • Jump to: