djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 24th, 2014 at 1:36:55 AM permalink
I remember a few weeks ago RWM was talking about getting a state ID for aliases. He was stating that pre-911 it was easy to go to the DMV and say you require an alias since you are in the entertainment industry, or a writer you need another name so people can identify you.

Is this a possibility today, or are there way too much red tape involved? Of course I am not using it to defraud anybody but I require an alias (same first name but different last name) for security purposes.

Please PM if this is sensitive information.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
March 24th, 2014 at 12:30:58 PM permalink
Bob N. has talked about this on GWAE a few times. You can find the shows on youtube (Richard Munchkin posts them)

From what he has said, my understanding is that you can change your name to whatever you want but you can only have one at a time. But I may have misunderstood.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 24th, 2014 at 1:14:26 PM permalink
I had to renew my Nevada drivers license this weekend and the form asks for your name and your birth name. I think you can still do it but it probably takes some extra effort and paperwork. As long as the intent isn't to defraud and you get a legitimate ID (Not a phony license or passport), you should be able to do it.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Swanson234
Swanson234
  • Threads: 13
March 26th, 2014 at 4:09:07 PM permalink
Can you get an alternate name just for the state of Nevada? ;)
  • Jump to: