Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
July 14th, 2017 at 1:00:23 AM permalink
How does DI work theoretically if you COULD actually influence the dice?

Let's say it's near impossible to DI both dice, if you could only DI one die to any number you want to say with, 50% certainty, how would you bet?

As in, if I have a 50% chance getting any number I want on one die, which number should I do and what should I bet on?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
July 14th, 2017 at 2:04:23 AM permalink
I'd set for six and bet the hell out of midnight.
"What, me worry?"
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 14th, 2017 at 3:03:12 AM permalink
I would set that one die for the 6, place the 8, bet 7,11,12, plus Field to catch the 9,10,11,12.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 14th, 2017 at 7:46:13 AM permalink
DI is the belief that you can throw the dice the exact same way over and over with the same set, the same air flow, the same bounce, the same roll, and have them land on the same exact numbers... This doesn't exist for a multitude of reasons with the main one being "physics." The die have to hit the back wall. You're telling me that from at least 4-5 feet away you can hit the exact same spot the exact same way and have it flop off the wall and bounce/roll the same on the table exactly the same? lolz if anyone thinks they can do that (and many have) then I'll be one of the other many that have offered to put up large amounts of money that says it doesn't work. I've made a large wager offer before with someone on these forums that said they could DI and they shockingly declined (should have been free money, right?).

Anyways, in the magical fairy-tale land of DI, if you could do it, then as others have said I would set and throw for the highest returning props (such as 1-1 and 12-12). Even if you could only control 1 (careful not to slide either dice, that's ILLEGAL) then I would still do the same as you'd have a massive advantage if you could make 1 die always a 6 (because anything 6 or less could never win).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
July 14th, 2017 at 2:41:36 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I'd set for six and bet the hell out of midnight.

In terms of value and player advantage, we have a winner!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
July 14th, 2017 at 3:01:38 PM permalink
What about ATS? To maximize your edge, you could switch up the set number to give you the best range of possibilities.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
July 17th, 2017 at 9:54:30 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

I would set that one die for the 6, place the 8, bet 7,11,12, plus Field to catch the 9,10,11,12.

Eliminate the "set" and "dice influence" from it all. Just switch in a die with all sides being six and bet as you indicate(except for the Field as I think that would be too small of an advantage, if any). You could just place the nine and ten?
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
July 17th, 2017 at 10:03:27 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

DI is the belief that you can throw the dice the exact same way over and over with the same set, the same air flow, the same bounce, the same roll, and have them land on the same exact numbers... This doesn't exist for a multitude of reasons with the main one being "physics."

I think the concept is reducing the chances of a seven, not repeating exact numbers. But whatever gets them to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to some clown of a salesman for the hope is good enough for me. Which begs the question for you mate...Have you ever bought an Amway product for consumption? In an unreal story made short, for the second time in my long life I bought some Amway toothpaste from my massage girl. Priced at about four times the comparable size of Colgate, it came with the promise of no cavities and whiter teeth. The first time was laundry detergent which I actually thought was a good product. It was tough to buy in the detergent instance because the seller wanted to sell the program, not the detergent. The massage lady needed the money in the tooth paste instance.
  • Jump to: