Thread Rating:

konceptum
konceptum
  • Threads: 33
January 23rd, 2012 at 11:33:28 AM permalink
Quote: YoDiceRoll11

If you don't want to talk about it, stop bringing it up. No one wants to hear about anything that has no details.

But you're the one that keeps bringing it up. All I did was tell a story of something that happened at a craps table, and a follow up to a question that was asked of me. Then you decided to bring it up.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
January 23rd, 2012 at 11:47:45 AM permalink
Quote: konceptum

But you're the one that keeps bringing it up. All I did was tell a story of something that happened at a craps table, and a follow up to a question that was asked of me.

Yeah but the way you described it was asinine. Sorry. Nobody wants to hear someone talk about some "guaranteed" system and than just dismiss all questions thereafter. I was only responding to your ridiculous assumption that it was guaranteed, which you yourself, already admitted it is not. So I guess we are done talking about it.

Again.
Best of luck.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 23rd, 2012 at 11:58:22 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Is there a reason for waiting for an inside number to be rolled on a "halfway decent" table?

Only a psychological one. But that's the same reason as "qualifying" a shooter, or asking for the same dice when they fly off the table or after a good hand. If it's more entertaining, go for it. There doesn't need to be any mathematical validity behind a play to make it fun.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 23rd, 2012 at 1:49:48 PM permalink
Quote: NowTheSerpent

Have you considered playing only the Don't Come? In that case, you're not betting against the shooter, since his Point is already on and a Yo won't hurt him - only you. If he rolls his Point, that's your DC Up-Number. His line's now in come-out, and you'll both win on a Dugan! If you roll some other Up-Number from the Box, you win on a seven, whether he passes first or not. The only catch to playing Sith-style is that you can't press your Don't Come the way you'd press Come or Pass or even Don't Pass. But just make Lays coming out, which I assume you do?

Hmm, that is an interesting idea to reduce the animosity at the table. I will take it into consideration next time I play - same exact house edge, so I see no reason not to do it.

I don't usually make lay bets, although occasionally I will lay the odd 4 or 10. Try to stick to the DP and DC + full odds.

I had also not heard the "Skinny Dugan" term, sounds hilarious to me! Thanks for the education.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: