Phanthum
Phanthum
Joined: Aug 12, 2017
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 4
August 28th, 2018 at 5:40:55 AM permalink
Hi everyone! What is the minimum I can lay after making a Donít bet? I know the ideal is 6 x your bet but if I canít afford that much is there another amount that I can bet? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1623
August 28th, 2018 at 8:30:58 AM permalink
Lay Odds are so confusing if trying to make a progression out of them.
I'll start off the bidding with $50 for 10 $5 DC bets, and $100 for 10 $10 DC odds bets.
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1857
August 28th, 2018 at 10:21:44 AM permalink
Quote: Phanthum

Hi everyone! What is the minimum I can lay after making a Donít bet? I know the ideal is 6 x your bet but if I canít afford that much is there another amount that I can bet? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Hi, Phantum.

If you are talking Free Odds on your Don't Pass (or Don't Come) bet, you can bet any amount above the table minimum (although, some places may require your odds bet be large enough such that the payout is greater or equal to the table minimum). However, to be paid correctly, your odds bet amount needs to be divisible by: 6 for the 6/8 (which pays 5:6), 3 for the 5/9 (which pays 2:3), or 2 for the the 4/10 (which pays 1:2).

For example, let's assume a $5 table with 10x odds. You place your $5 DP bet, and a five is rolled. To get proper payout, your odds bet amount would be a number divisible by 3 anywhere from $6 (or possibly $9) up to $75.

Since the number 6 is divisible by 2, 3, and 6, you can bet any multiple of 6, and it will work for any point number. In the example above, you could bet $12 odds for your $5 DP bet, and always receive the proper payout regardless of the point ($10 for 6/8, $8 for 5/9, $6 for 4/10).
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
August 28th, 2018 at 11:14:54 AM permalink
Note that there is a maximim you can lay. For example, on a 3/4/5 table, the most you can lay is what will win 3x/4x/5x your line bet. Ask the dealer if you have any questions.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
Joined: Aug 12, 2018
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 422
August 28th, 2018 at 12:30:08 PM permalink
Strictly speaking, the minimum bet you can lay is zero, but I would try to take advantage of the free odds.
The best things in life are not free.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 5490
August 28th, 2018 at 12:33:03 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Strictly speaking, the minimum bet you can lay is zero, but I would try to take advantage of the free odds.

And when he says "take advantage" he means the odds are an even money (no house edge) bet. Thus, if you're there to gamble, which if you're playing craps you are, then you might as well bet the best bet on the table... one with no house edge!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1623
August 30th, 2018 at 11:44:32 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Lay Odds are so confusing if trying to make a progression out of them.
I'll start off the bidding with $50 for 10 $5 DC bets, and $100 for 10 $10 DC odds bets.



So early in the morning.
I'll start off the bidding with $60 for 10 $6 DC bets, and $120 for 10 $12 DC odds bets.
Tanko
Tanko
Joined: Apr 22, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1030
August 31st, 2018 at 12:55:21 AM permalink
Quote: Phanthum

Hi everyone! What is the minimum I can lay after making a Donít bet? I know the ideal is 6 x your bet but if I canít afford that much is there another amount that I can bet?



Some casinos allow 1/2 odds, where, for example, they allow you to lay $6, instead of $12, on a $10 DC bet on the 6 or 8. Ask the dealer.

  • Jump to: