barringtonink
barringtonink
  • Threads: 1
May 15th, 2017 at 6:05:03 PM permalink
I'm making my pilgrimage to Jokers Wild in Henderson, NV and am looking forward to playing their $1 table! I'm looking for a good strategy that will keep me around for a few hours but also allow me to take advantage of a hot table.

I have $150-$200 Bankroll

Thanks!!!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 15th, 2017 at 6:24:27 PM permalink
Drink heavily. What game? Not that it matters, $150 is 150 losses . You won't play 150 hands in a couple of hours at a packed $1 BJ table.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
barringtonink
barringtonink
May 15th, 2017 at 6:28:12 PM permalink
Sorry, Craps
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 16th, 2017 at 2:17:49 AM permalink
Quote: barringtonink

I'm making my pilgrimage to Jokers Wild in Henderson, NV and am looking forward to playing their $1 table! I'm looking for a good strategy that will keep me around for a few hours but also allow me to take advantage of a hot table.

Thanks!!!

Usually the idea is that the $1 minimum allows a low-roller to still do max odds, which apparently is, or was, 10x there. If this is what you stick to, I'd say your bankroll will last for hours and hours- with luck you are almost as likely to wind up even or winning a bit.

In order to 'take advantage of a hot table' you are going to have to press [if I get what you want out of one]. That will be when you could lose it all. A hot table is a thing 'that was' although we players often want to believe it is a thing 'that is' - a fallacy I too entertain myself with. Of course there is no guarantee that it won't turn cold starting with the next roll. But you knew that.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
May 16th, 2017 at 3:00:13 AM permalink
The riff raff in Biloxi need less than $50 for optimal play. $3 line bet. $3 on all tall small. Hit the all and $245 is yours!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 16th, 2017 at 5:07:20 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

A hot table is a thing 'that was' although we players often want to believe it is a thing 'that is' - a fallacy I too entertain myself with. Of course there is no guarantee that it won't turn cold starting with the next roll. But you knew that.

Ssssh. What else do I got to live for but dreams of a hot table?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 16th, 2017 at 5:07:20 AM permalink
double clicked somehow.
Joeman
Joeman
May 16th, 2017 at 5:24:30 AM permalink

Thanks!!!

I assume you are planning on going during the week. It's a $2 table on the weekends (or at least it was the 2 times I visited).

Note that they have 25c chips. So if you want to incorporate place bets into your strategy, you can do so with $1.50 bets on the 6/8 or $1.25 bets on the 5/9 and still get paid the full amount ($1.75 for each).

As for a strategy, I would make $1 pass line bets with odds and add either a come bet or place bets on the 6/8. This should give you plenty of action, but keep you from going bust for a good while. Especially since, between the break-in dealers learning the ropes and the players making all sorts of bets between rolls, the pace of play is glacial.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
barringtonink
barringtonink
May 16th, 2017 at 9:14:10 AM permalink
Should I employ some sort of a press strategy after multiple wins or just try to grind with the same bet? If I get to the $14 level with place bets is it better to do a put bet with full odds? Is that offered there?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 16th, 2017 at 9:44:35 AM permalink
Just follow the Wizards optimal strategy of betting the Don't with full odds. The enjoyment of watching others get upset as you continue to win is part of the fun. Also be sure to loudly celebrate every win. And most of all Have Fun!
Joeman
Joeman
May 16th, 2017 at 10:26:53 AM permalink

Should I employ some sort of a press strategy after multiple wins or just try to grind with the same bet? If I get to the $14 level with place bets is it better to do a put bet with full odds? Is that offered there?

Whether to press and when is a personal choice, so I'll leave that part up to you and your risk tolerance. Personally, I like to press place bets when they win.

Not sure if they allow put bets or not.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
May 16th, 2017 at 1:04:45 PM permalink
The very first time I played Craps was at a £1 table (Charlie Chester in London has now long gone) and somehow made £57!

The best strategy mathematically is to play the Don'ts, but for practical reasons it's more fun to play Pass. This is because you win if a shooter has a long roll.

You have the option of making Come bets and/or taking Odds. It makes no difference to your long term gain taking Odds, except it makes more money on a long roll and loses money on a bad run of luck. Rather than dealing with 25c's I probably would bet double odds on 5/9 or 4/10 and ignore 6 and 8 (or bet 5 to win 6 if things were going well).
DeMango
DeMango
May 16th, 2017 at 2:49:44 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Just follow the Wizards optimal strategy of betting the Don't with full odds. The enjoyment of watching others get upset as you continue to win is part of the fun. Also be sure to loudly celebrate every win. And most of all Have Fun!

Great advice! Doubt if he will take it.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: