'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
January 16th, 2017 at 9:07:30 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

You must be an expert!

No, you don't get to talk like this. You've been close on a couple of previous posts this week. This crosses the personal insult line. 3 days.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 322
January 16th, 2017 at 10:44:59 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

You must be an expert!

Actually, he IS an expert.

He's been a craps dealer for *shudder* DECADES.

That ain't chopped liver, and explains the ease with which he dismisses "systems" as the mere ravings of loons.
"What, me worry?"
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
January 16th, 2017 at 10:51:12 PM permalink
there is nothing worse than when a newbie is trying to learn to play properly and is given such bad advice....I deal with it every day. And for the guys info I learned the game in my teens from sam grafstein, the dice doctor and have been dealing for 43 years. In the example given if the first two rolls are 7's, the player is down $1050 bucks..how do you recover from that.

NEVER HEDGE
get second you pig
Hoben01
Hoben01
  • Threads: 3
January 17th, 2017 at 11:03:36 AM permalink
Quote: BenJammin

If you make the come out roll, the odds shift dramatically in your favor. A don't come bet with lay odds on every roll gets you up across the board as long as your numbers don't hit in succession.
I put up at least double lay odds on every number as they come, and sometimes I'll "Lay Buy" the 10 and 4 if I'm feeling lucky.
As long as you have two or three numbers up running you should come out ahead. The magic is in the come out roll.
When a table is "Cold" this is an advantage for the wrong way player, but when that 7 comes you scrape the board and it's
"Baby's Got A New Pair Of Shoes!"
It takes a fair amount of Stones to play the don't. You'll have more money out there riding.
If your numbers start to hit one after the other you watch your bank-roll go away.
But with risk comes reward.

Manage your money and have some fun!
Good Luck!

I hope you were not the guy that layed both the 4 and 10 for $2100 and i blew you away on my roll at the barona, but thanks anyway the pitboss took their time letting me set the dice
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 17th, 2017 at 11:11:07 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

NEVER HEDGE

Ain't much difference between the Right Way and the Dark Way but its one or the other, no hedging for me. I will however do one or two Right Side bets and then, figuring that seven is about "due" a Wrong Way bet or two.

I don't consider that to be hedging, since I'm accepting the full impact of each bet.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 322
January 17th, 2017 at 11:18:26 AM permalink
Right side come bettors do a bit of hedging every time they make a come bet, as a natural on that come out "hedges" the loss on the earlier PL/come bet(s).

Just sayin'.
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: