100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
June 2nd, 2016 at 7:20:35 PM permalink
Horseshoe has a craps promo this Sat, 12p- 11p.

Throw 3points and get $100 in promo chips.
And At 11p the top 3 players that hit the most # of points get this:

1st: $5000
2nd: $2500
3rd: $1000

Unfortunately, the min bet will probably be $25. (Max odds = 100x)

If I do play I'll probably bring $3000 and bet like this (even if I'm not shooting):
$25 Passline/$100 odds, place the 6/8 for $25 each

This promo worth it to be there for 11hrs?
Or just leave when/if Im lucky enough to roll 3points in a roll?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
June 2nd, 2016 at 7:57:00 PM permalink
I think Atlantis in Reno does this daily or some variation of the long roll part of it

I don't think the promo chips parts of it is worth it- assuming they are one time use then worth about 50 so you are playing craps at a full table and roll at best 3 times an hour - sees like a negative ev situation when factoring in your bets
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
RenoGambler
RenoGambler
  • Threads: 3
June 2nd, 2016 at 8:22:46 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I think Atlantis in Reno does this daily or some variation of the long roll part of it

I don't think the promo chips parts of it is worth it- assuming they are one time use then worth about 50 so you are playing craps at a full table and roll at best 3 times an hour - sees like a negative ev situation when factoring in your bets

Atlantis has a daily long roll tournament. 1st place: $100 free play chips, 2nd: $50 in comps, 3rd-5th: $25 in comps. Top five plus anyone with 25 rolls gets an entry into a monthly tournament. If you break the record (currently 94) you win $10,000.
Variance giveth and variance taketh away.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 3rd, 2016 at 12:17:21 AM permalink
If it were me I would play it. Only bet when it was my turn to throw and why take odds?

Could maybe even do a doey don't to reduce your variance for the day?

Is the 11pm award for cumulative points or most points on one roll? If it is cumulative then I would play all 11 hrs.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 3rd, 2016 at 8:40:51 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

If it were me I would play it. Only bet when it was my turn to throw and why take odds?

Could maybe even do a doey don't to reduce your variance for the day?

Is the 11pm award for cumulative points or most points on one roll? If it is cumulative then I would play all 11 hrs.

I like playing craps, thus my user name. :)

just standing there w/no action till it's my turn to shoot is no fun.
and to me, 'doey dont' is equivalent of no action.

however, 11hrs straight is the other end of the spectrum and begins to look like work.

found out a little more info:
- $100 promo chip bonus for every 3+ consecutive points. (so only 1 promo bonus for each time you're the shooter.)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are based on the most points accumulated.

edit:
since i'm doing $25 pass/$100odds, that's 4x odds which is ~0.4% house edge.
wonder how much a $100 promo chip (worth $50) lowers that HE by?
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Jun 3, 2016
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 3rd, 2016 at 8:48:02 AM permalink
Then you need to shoot all 11 hours and not take a break - the 100 promo chip won't mean much
GWAE
GWAE
June 3rd, 2016 at 8:50:07 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

I like playing craps, thus my user name. :)

just standing there w/no action till it's my turn to shoot is no fun.
and to me, 'doey dont' is equivalent of no action.

however, 11hrs straight is the other end of the spectrum and begins to look like work.

found out a little more info:
- $100 promo chip bonus for every 3+ consecutive points. (so only 1 promo bonus for each time you're the shooter.)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are based on the most points accumulated.

I get that I was just answering what I thought the best way to attack the promo.

Not sure how many tables or how busy but I would be there at the beginning and if there are multiple tables I would doey dont, then after I shoot switch to a different table and try to get within a few shooters instead of waiting for it to make it back to you. I would have a ton of green chips in my pocket so I didnt have to buy in each time. For a 5k first prize I would take the boredom for a day.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 3rd, 2016 at 9:03:37 AM permalink

I get that I was just answering what I thought the best way to attack the promo.

Not sure how many tables or how busy but I would be there at the beginning and if there are multiple tables I would doey dont, then after I shoot switch to a different table and try to get within a few shooters instead of waiting for it to make it back to you. I would have a ton of green chips in my pocket so I didnt have to buy in each time. For a 5k first prize I would take the boredom for a day.

ahh... looking at it like from an AP point of view.

4 out of the 10 tables will be used for this promo.
never thought of switching tables to lessen the time it takes to shoot.
but my fear is that they will mess up tracking the cumulative points I've made. :(
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 3rd, 2016 at 9:20:11 AM permalink
I would have another player hold spots for shooting and switch back and forth with them- there definitely is some major edge in getting to shoot more with this promo
GWAE
GWAE
June 3rd, 2016 at 12:57:25 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

ahh... looking at it like from an AP point of view.

4 out of the 10 tables will be used for this promo.
never thought of switching tables to lessen the time it takes to shoot.
but my fear is that they will mess up tracking the cumulative points I've made. :(

I would certainly keep track and if I thought they were off I could make an issue. I wonder how they will keep track. All computer driven? Current promo at my local is if you throw 100 times you win 100k. Before you start you have to give them your card to swipe. The other day I was 20 throws in and realized I forgot to give my card. I was going to be rather upset but luckily I didn't make it past 30.

Anyways, make sure there isn't a rule like that where you have to give them your card on each turn. It may not be good enough to just be swiped in.

Obviously they want people to stay all day because chances are you will make other bets and lose money. if you can be disciplined and only bet when you shoot and limit your betting this could be a very good promo.
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 3rd, 2016 at 1:59:45 PM permalink

Obviously they want people to stay all day because chances are you will make other bets and lose money. if you can be disciplined and only bet when you shoot and limit your betting this could be a very good promo.

I was thinking of tier credits earned by playing 11hrs @ $25 flat/$100 odds + $24 each on 6+8.
double dip with the 50% bonus tier credit promo (april - june).

plus the (hopefully) increase in promo chip offers for playing 11hrs straight.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 3rd, 2016 at 2:15:15 PM permalink
Assuming you don't believe in di

Then the promo is worthless in reality
If you win it comes out to 454 an hour for first place
If you factor in and this is just random guess that their are 4 tables at 10 players a table that's 40 players with an expected value of 11 dollars an hour - minuse the -ev from the actual bets and ty have a promo worth less then 10 an hour/ I think you can find better but maybe not in craps -
GWAE
GWAE
June 11th, 2016 at 4:33:55 PM permalink
So why did you decide to do, and how did it go?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
June 11th, 2016 at 5:33:24 PM permalink
I did an Article analyzing this play, although, it mainly focused on the Promotional Chip aspect as there are too many assumptions that cannot be made to meaningfully analyze the most Points Total part.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 12th, 2016 at 6:32:44 AM permalink

So why did you decide to do, and how did it go?

originally, I was going to go because of the promo prize and the estimated amount of comps I was going to get for being there at 11hrs betting green chip/black chip ($25flat/$100 odds).

but didnt go because:
1) WizofNothing's post about EV

2) read that Horseshoe is cutting down on comps.
(They cut the poker room comps from $3/hr down to $1/hr)
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 12th, 2016 at 12:36:55 PM permalink
lol then my reply worked an raised my ev since there was one less person- jk
  • Jump to: