Thread Rating:

mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
August 19th, 2014 at 7:53:10 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

I know a number of people that i feel are expert in one or more areas of the game of craps,

this brings up a good point
By expert, the courts allow testimony from an expert

People have been killed wrongly from the testimony of an expert for whatever reason (the race issue)
one is one too many

so a craps expert in my opinion
would have to prove to the court they are an expert at Craps.
or is it just assumed from evidence presented?

example
Is the fact I know the pass line wins on a 7 or 11 on the come out roll makes me a regular Craps expert.
I know many that still do not know this

I would offer a simple question... why cant any one be an expert, could it be that no one on here would
accept that some else may actually be better versed than they are on the game of craps???

any one can be an expert I must agree with
that brings up this
Can one expert at Craps be a greater expert than another expert at Craps?

well, I say yes of course

which expert would you want to learn from and how would you know how good of an expert (s)he really is?

I say, play Craps
and have fun
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
August 19th, 2014 at 9:43:10 PM permalink
Mustangsally

Wilson Picket may have other ideas, but for me i would say we all have to decide that for ourselves.

In my world of work, i am an expert, and am accepted as such by many court rooms in Wisconsin, and
have been for 35 years. But that is a different story to be sure. You have to have a certain level of education
and your body of work has to support the notion that your opinion makes a difference. Those that hire any
expert put their reputations on the line, and in the court of law, you seldom get a second chance.

Now craps is different, you dont need any education, and your level of excellence can and probably will be
debated by all that come into contact with you. In the pages of this forum we cant even determine a
reasonable test for dice control, yet alone what in the world an expert would be. Having said that, craps
is not a free game, its cost to many can be much higher than a loss in most courts in the country.

You play with some one and he sets the dice and has 3-4 good rolls in an evening... wow he is a DI , one of
only a couple i have ever seen, the next night the same person has 5 PSO in a row and some one else says that
guy is a loser, why in "the" hell does he take time to set the frickin dice.

In the end i guess we all have to decide who is good enough or expert enough to get our attention, and perhaps
improve our game. Craps is a very difficult game, yet it offers so many ways to even the odds.

I appreciate the imput of anyone that takes the game seriously.

dicesetter
mustangsally
mustangsally
August 19th, 2014 at 10:07:28 PM permalink

Now craps is different, you dont need any education, and your level of excellence can and probably will be
debated by all that come into contact with you.

In the end i guess we all have to decide who is good enough or expert enough to get our attention, and perhaps
improve our game.

perhaps

Craps is a very difficult game,

The game of Craps is very simple
It has been around for over hundreds of years and only because it is a simple game to learn.

The game offers many different types of bets and I think that adds to any confusion and difficulty about the game of Craps.

yet it offers so many ways to even the odds.

spoken as an opinion

many (the vast majority) do not know what the odds of winning the simple pass line bet is and how to even determine it
the majority play the game for fun and entertainment only

I appreciate the imput of anyone that takes the game seriously.

that seriously places a limit on imput

my current gambling bankroll is about $585,000 (I am about to retire)
That would not feed, shelter and care for everyone in the world,
so what good is it?

craps is just a game
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
August 19th, 2014 at 11:10:13 PM permalink
What about Stephen How? Just my opinion.
100% risk of ruin
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
August 19th, 2014 at 11:26:42 PM permalink
Sally, besides both liking to kiss girls, we have a common hero :

“Not only does God play dice but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.”

― Stephen Hawking
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
August 20th, 2014 at 7:03:49 AM permalink
mustangsally

My goal in life has been to take care of myself, so my children and society do not have
to take care of me.

In terms of craps being an easy game.... not so much, you did not make $585,000 by betting
against a male shooter, then harrassing him so he cant make his point.

And yes,i wont play with or seek help from some one that does not take the game seriously, no more
than i would risk my money on a stock broker that had only surface knowledge regarding the
stocks he wanted me to buy.

dicesetter
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 20th, 2014 at 7:56:40 AM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

as I will just Lay against a point I do not think the shooter will make (especially male shooters) and I am up (thank me) in my lifetime of play with that bad strategy. Wwhatever it takes to win and have more fun! because winning at Craps = more fun

So why is it you think Fleastiff will never make his point? And why is it you are so often right?
mustangsally
mustangsally
August 20th, 2014 at 10:00:38 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

So why is it you think Fleastiff will never make his point?

where exactly did I say this?

I said "I will just Lay against a point I do not think the shooter will make"

Did not use the word never.
You must have bought and read Ahigh's new book I thinks so
(claim a person said "this" when in fact they said "that")
is this rude?
Quote: FleaStiff

And why is it you are so often right?

Because I am wrong,on average, less than expectation

I have friends that tell me to bet with the shooter to make HIS current point and times they are right

Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
August 21st, 2014 at 5:46:41 PM permalink
I miss 7craps !
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 21st, 2014 at 6:15:39 PM permalink
Quote: mdh