7 votes (9.85%)
3 votes (4.22%)

71 members have voted

LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
July 15th, 2014 at 1:20:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrWarmth

Unsolicited advice for Ahigh: If you like what you got, keep doing what you're doing.

Unsolicited advice for everyone else: He's not going to change until it hurts him more to stay the same. Don't get your collective panties in a wad trying to convince him of something he may or may not be. If you think he introduced this for ulterior reasons, don't feed them and stop posting in this thread. You're not going to "win the internet" by brow-beating him into convincing/realizing/whatever he's an addict.

wow someone with the "final answer". If only he posted this just after ahighs first post he could havesaved us 20 pages of discussion.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
July 15th, 2014 at 2:17:17 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

wow someone with the "final answer". If only he posted this just after ahighs first post he could havesaved us 20 pages of discussion.

Sounds like the sort of counter-factual thinking I hear from dealers!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
July 15th, 2014 at 3:32:23 PM permalink

What part of "unsolicited" didn't you understand. I believe Mr gave some good advise that beats many of the posts on here beating Ahigh down. Ahigh can read any of the posts and either take the advise or tell them to go f themselves. Mr's post is no different so why bust on it?

And YES I am busting on your post because of the way you replied.
LarryS
LarryS
July 15th, 2014 at 4:04:27 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

What part of "unsolicited" didn't you understand. I believe Mr gave some good advise that beats many of the posts on here beating Ahigh down. Ahigh can read any of the posts and either take the advise or tell them to go f themselves. Mr's post is no different so why bust on it?

"unsolicited" does not mean correct, expert, factual, based on reality, the last word, professionally crafted....but it was presented as such

maybe "in my novice opinion" would be more fitting.

unsolicited means...not asked for. So what...its obvious no one asked him for his declaration that we stop commenting. Its obvious no one asked him if ahigh would continue as he stated until................. His comments are not any more or less valid than anyone elses....so to tell us that its useless to comment is ill conceived and to act like he is the last word is illogical.
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
  • Threads: 15
July 15th, 2014 at 4:04:55 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Hehe, nah, that doesn't bug me but I'm always up for being backed up! At least they're not talking about Ahigh any more. If my blowhard-ing (perceived or otherwise) accomplishes that, I guess that's something.

Does "blowharding so that object of internet scorn/derision on a topic he never brought up ("am I addicted?") changes to the blowhard" count as a good deed? Or is it as colossal a waste of time as the other 20 pages of the thread? My internet-forum-self-esteem just isn't sure how to feel about that ...

;)
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
July 15th, 2014 at 4:12:19 PM permalink

"unsolicited" does not mean correct, expert, factual, based on reality, the last word, professionally crafted....but it was presented as such

unsolicited means...not asked for. So what...its obvious no one asked him for his declaration that we stop commenting. Its obvious no one asked him if ahigh would continue as he stated until................. His comments are not any more or less valid than anyone elses....so to tell us that its useless to comment is ill conceived and to act like he is the last word is illogical.

Yup, not asked for. It might be bad advice, but it might be good. Unsolicited doesn't invalidate its accuracy/applicability/whatever.

If you don't like the unsolicited advice, fine, no need to be a noodge about it.

If you don't like that it was pretty good advice and you didn't think of it first to show the forum how smart you are ... well ... unsolicited advice: if you like what you got, keep doing what you're doing.

If you don't like that it kind of makes people who want to bash Ahigh look stupid ... well ... if you like what you got ........

If you don't like it because you don't like my username ... well ........................

I can write what I want, within the forum rules. You can respond how you want, within the forum rules. I don't have to make you happy and you don't have to be a noodge.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
July 15th, 2014 at 4:22:03 PM permalink
I appreciated the comments, and I plan to do what I want to do even without them. But very much appreciated.
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
July 15th, 2014 at 4:27:24 PM permalink

Unsolicited advice for Ahigh: If you like what you got, keep doing what you're doing.

Unsolicited advice for everyone else: He's not going to change until it hurts him more to stay the same. Don't get your collective panties in a wad trying to convince him of something he may or may not be. If you think he introduced this for ulterior reasons, don't feed them and stop posting in this thread. You're not going to "win the internet" by brow-beating him into convincing/realizing/whatever he's an addict.

More fun with internet over-reactions ...

I'm not sure where I wrote this was the best possible advice of all possible advice or where I claim any credentials/authority/expertise in advice-giving or where I try to claim this is the final word on the topic. It just says "unsolicited advice," which is exactly what it is, no more no less.

Unsolicited Internet Advice #1: don't read what's not there, that tells us far more about the responder than it does the poster. Whatever the problem there is with this, it's imagined by the reader.
MrWarmth
MrWarmth
July 15th, 2014 at 4:40:16 PM permalink

Hehe, sorry, this is just the gift that keeps on giving ...

I agree, it is illogical. Why are you acting as if I think/said it's the last word? Maybe it is, probably it's not. Why even go there illogically?

#OKIllstopnow

#untilIfindsomethingelsefunnyaboutit
LarryS
LarryS
July 15th, 2014 at 4:45:29 PM permalink

Yup, not asked for. It might be bad advice, but it might be good. Unsolicited doesn't invalidate its accuracy/applicability/whatever.

If you don't like the unsolicited advice, fine, no need to be a noodge about it.

If you don't like that it was pretty good advice and you didn't think of it first to show the forum how smart you are ... well ... unsolicited advice: if you like what you got, keep doing what you're doing.

If you don't like that it kind of makes people who want to bash Ahigh look stupid ... well ... if you like what you got ........

If you don't like it because you don't like my username ... well ........................

I can write what I want, within the forum rules. You can respond how you want, within the forum rules. I don't have to make you happy and you don't have to be a noodge.

I get a kick out of people like you that arrive after 20 pages and have some sort of angst that 20 pages have accumulated.
And you then become the sole arbitor that 20 pages is enough.
kind of like a pseudo monitor.
maybe one day youwill get the promotion. I will pray you do.

• Jump to: