Zer0
Zer0
  • Threads: 36
June 11th, 2014 at 12:05:44 PM permalink
So I found a fun way to play if you've only got 40 or 50 bucks to bring to the table. Basically what I do is if the point is on 6 or 8 in the beginning, I just do 2x odds and don't do any place bets or anything. But if the point is on 4/5/9/10 I start off with 1x odds, bet on 6/8, wait to get 2 hits on 6/8, then after every win on 6/8 from there on, I add the $1 chips to my odds and keep the $5 chips and keep building up my odds $2 at a time. It might have a slightly higher house edge to play like this but I've found this is the best way to make my bankroll last the longest, and it's fun to see how big I can get my odds up to before either a 7 comes up or the point passes. anybody else like to play like this?
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
June 11th, 2014 at 2:02:38 PM permalink
Quote: Zer0

So I found a fun way to play if you've only got 40 or 50 bucks to bring to the table. Basically what I do is if the point is on 6 or 8 in the beginning, I just do 2x odds and don't do any place bets or anything. But if the point is on 4/5/9/10 I start off with 1x odds, bet on 6/8, wait to get 2 hits on 6/8, then after every win on 6/8 from there on, I add the $1 chips to my odds and keep the $5 chips and keep building up my odds $2 at a time. It might have a slightly higher house edge to play like this but I've found this is the best way to make my bankroll last the longest, and it's fun to see how big I can get my odds up to before either a 7 comes up or the point passes. anybody else like to play like this?

Your strategy reminds me of something interesting I once saw. I had this roll one time where all I was rolling was 4's and 5's. I must have rolled at least 8 5's and 8 4's. I don't remember what the other numbers were but I just remember rolling an unusally high amount of 4's and 5's. Anyways I was shooting from the don't pass, but the guy next to me was taking his entire payout on the 5 and 4 and adding it to the hard 10. It was fun watching his hard 10 stack just grow and grow The stack ontop of the hard 10 got gigantic but unfortunately for him I 7'd out so he lost the huge condomium on the hard 10
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
June 11th, 2014 at 2:29:45 PM permalink
I routinely play DP + 3/4/3 odds.

On a $5 table, $18/30/30. I know that mathematically this is not a sound practice but minimizing my exposure on wagers where the likelihood of a win is higher makes me happy.
  • Jump to: