Poll

1 vote (4.54%)
6 votes (27.27%)
3 votes (13.63%)
4 votes (18.18%)
3 votes (13.63%)
4 votes (18.18%)
1 vote (4.54%)

22 members have voted

AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 5035
December 28th, 2013 at 1:59:38 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

Room "not ready" at midnight in a four/five star resort? There is more to this story.

Changing tip amounts signed for on a room service invoice? It doesn't happen at Caesars. Not intentionally anyhow. And is there any other way than intentional?



Are you serious? Are you trying to tell me-- and the rest of us-- that it is impossible that Caesars doesn't have a room ready during a busy weekend? Are you also saying it is impossible that the dollar amount of tips was entered incorrectly onto my final hotel room bill at checkout? And are you also saying that it is impossible that maid service was bad over a New Year's Weekend when the hotel is packed and was probably understaffed and that my room wasn't made up for two days?

How could you seriously say that it is impossible that these things happened at Caesars Palace?

Caesars Palace is a hotel like many others and mistakes are made.

That you say it's impossible for these things to happen is what is really laughable.
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
December 28th, 2013 at 2:28:40 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Are you serious? Are you trying to tell me-- and the rest of us-- that it is impossible that Caesars doesn't have a room ready during a busy weekend? Are you also saying it is impossible that the dollar amount of tips was entered incorrectly onto my final hotel room bill at checkout? And are you also saying that it is impossible that maid service was bad over a New Year's Weekend when the hotel is packed and was probably understaffed and that my room wasn't made up for two days?

How could you seriously say that it is impossible that these things happened at Caesars Palace?

Caesars Palace is a hotel like many others and mistakes are made.

That you say it's impossible for these things to happen is what is really laughable.



All we can say is it only happens to you. The "room ready" at midnight was the context. You assume you had a reservation, so do we, a guaranteed reservation. Doesn't happen. Tips are entered carefully, not with flippant attitudes about guest relations. I think you said it was ten times the actual tip. Why people put tips on room bills remains a mystery but you aren't the only one who does it. Maid service didn't make up your room for two days?? again, not at Caesars and in fact, not at most hotels. What remains laughable is these things only happen to you with all your "executive management" connections and the casino manager at your beckon call to boot. You can post it here a thousand times Alan, be careful what you ask for. Caesars may be reading this.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 5035
December 28th, 2013 at 5:19:59 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

All we can say is it only happens to you. The "room ready" at midnight was the context. You assume you had a reservation, so do we, a guaranteed reservation. Doesn't happen. Tips are entered carefully, not with flippant attitudes about guest relations. I think you said it was ten times the actual tip. Why people put tips on room bills remains a mystery but you aren't the only one who does it. Maid service didn't make up your room for two days?? again, not at Caesars and in fact, not at most hotels. What remains laughable is these things only happen to you with all your "executive management" connections and the casino manager at your beckon call to boot. You can post it here a thousand times Alan, be careful what you ask for. Caesars may be reading this.



You are so naive. How old are you?

Sure I had a guaranteed room... and the previous guest probably checked out late. Happens all the time. Do you travel? In fact, on my last two trips when I checked in at the 7Stars lounge the original room they had me assigned to wasn't ready yet, so they put me in another room -- still with my preferences which are facing Bellagio in the Augustus and near the elevators.

Yes, the tip was greater than what it should have been... and that's why I called. Don't ask me how it happened. It happened. Do you ever check your bills at check out?

Yes, maid service screwed up big time. And for an RFB player too. (this was before Total Rewards and 7Stars.)

Yes, I have plenty of connections and management knows me well. And Caesars can read what I say here, as well as what I say on my own website, on TV, and when I am quoted in the Review Journal.

I am just amazed you are continuing with this? You must be a kid.

And what really has me wondering about you is this line you wrote: "Why people put tips on room bills remains a mystery but you aren't the only one who does it."

What do you mean by that? When I get room service, I sign for the food. The check goes to my bill on the room. At check out I pay the charges. Now, I have my charges taken care of with my comps. But TR comps do not pay tips -- they remain on my bill and are paid with the credit card I use when I check in.

When I check out, I verify the charges on my bill. Then I call the front desk (or 7Stars lounge if open) to check out. Does this procedure sound familiar to you Noktang? This is how it's done. I am getting suspicous that perhaps you've never been to Caesars Palace, and you've never had room service, or used your comps to pay your hotel bill.

By the way it wasn't "ten times" and here was what I originally posted about the wrong amount of the tips:

Quote: AlanMendelson

I ordered two room service meals on my last trip. I had my Total Rewards comps take care of the room service charges EXCEPT that the tips must be paid (can't comp the tips with TR credits). But the tips for two meals on my TV check out screen showed as being about five-times the actual amount. Are you saying that didn't happen either? (I called the front desk, and it was fixed.)

1BB
1BB
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
December 28th, 2013 at 5:33:32 AM permalink
NokTang, when was your last stay at Caesars Palace?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Perdition
Perdition
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
December 28th, 2013 at 6:54:05 AM permalink
Not for nothing but Alan in your wedding pic is that Winnie Cooper at the end of the table?

Also hope your site comes back up soon. Is there anything you can do about that or is it a Dan Druff production?
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 151
  • Posts: 5035
December 28th, 2013 at 7:02:57 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Not for nothing but Alan in your wedding pic is that Winnie Cooper at the end of the table?

Also hope your site comes back up soon. Is there anything you can do about that or is it a Dan Druff production?



the tall, pretty, dark haired girl is my wife's niece.

We took my site down last night because we were being hammered with a spam attack from either Europe or Japan. According to Google analytics that's where a lot of my traffic came from over the last two days. Yesterday I had to delete about 200 spam posts, and we had about six hundred false registrations. Making it difficult is that the spam posts came from a different user from a different IP address. Normally you see one spammer make multiple posts. This time each post came from a unique IP address. It could only be done by some computer system. And making it even worse is that many of the posts were in foreign languages with strange links to websites in foreign languages which made me very suspicious. I have no idea if the posts were commercial or political or even terrorist related.

Dan is trying to come up with some better system to verify users and keep the spammers out.

If they all came from one IP address we could block the IP... but this is something I've never seen before. It almost mimics a "denial of service attack".
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
December 29th, 2013 at 5:01:01 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson


And what really has me wondering about you is this line you wrote: "Why people put tips on room bills remains a mystery but you aren't the only one who does it."

What do you mean by that? When I get room service, I sign for the food. The check goes to my bill on the room. :



I said tips. People prefer cash tips. You then said service charges were added to your room service charges. That I assumed can be comped if you are a player. I've never used rewards or coupons for room service. Only when I'm RFB do I sign to the room.
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
December 29th, 2013 at 5:06:25 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

NokTang, when was your last stay at Caesars Palace?



It's been about ten years. RFB player, no silly coupons or reward points etc.. Full room, full food, and I guess beverage but I didn't drink much and never expensive wine etc. so don't know if that limited. They have since added a tower I've never stayed in. I never asked for airfare and my credit line was $25,000usd, $200.usd average bet. I also knew someone at the front desk, college friend's wife so needless to say I guess at this point, no "room not ready" nonsense experienced.
NokTang
NokTang
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
December 29th, 2013 at 5:08:43 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I have no idea if the posts were commercial or political or even terrorist related.



I'm sure it's terrorist related all things considered, lucky no one has been killed. Happy New Year.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
December 29th, 2013 at 5:25:10 AM permalink
Just finding this but it looks to me like NokTang is just trying to get Alan fired up. But to add my own experiences to the mix, my wife and I stay at CZR Properties including CP and Paris in Las Vegas along with other CZR Properties across the county 30-40 nights a year. AND ALL OF THESE THINGS HAPPEN. She is a high Diamond player with an ADT that beats many 7 Star players and has hosts everywhere. And she loses a lot in slots each year, that is why they treat her like this. We get full RFB everywhere and have never had a room charge questioned by a host. But we find errors all the time, we have room issues, reservations have been lost at restaurants and there have been Credit Card issues with tips. CZR's is not perfect because it is operated by PEOPLE. They make mistakes and they work to fix them. Not sure why you think what Alan says is fiction, but while I don't always agree with Alan I respect what he adds and have never had reason to question him.

  • Jump to: