odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 316
  • Posts: 8867
February 23rd, 2022 at 4:29:15 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

So you are saying that it is possible.
link to original post



Is this one for Philosophy as much as math?

Say because of alternate universes or whatever, a million craps tables have in fact been going all this time. I believe it is true that it is just as likely 18 YOs in a row occurred the first year or first hour, even, as any other time. The dice have no memory, and don't know to 'wait'.

If that is right, how do you put your head around that?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 3314
February 23rd, 2022 at 4:56:08 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Quote: DRich

So you are saying that it is possible.
link to original post



Is this one for Philosophy as much as math?
link to original post



Hey, it's possible that I'm going to have fagri on a bed of couscous garnished with beurre blanc and capers for dinner tonight.

I think there are several more probable alternative outcomes, however.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2958
February 23rd, 2022 at 6:09:33 PM permalink
Instead of us bringing it up by applying math and getting suspended/nuked, lets just suspend Alan whenever he brings it up and says it happened!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 3314
February 23rd, 2022 at 6:22:54 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Instead of us bringing it up by applying math and getting suspended/nuked, lets just suspend Alan whenever he brings it up and says it happened!
link to original post



I don't think Alan has brought it up for quite a while.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2958
February 23rd, 2022 at 6:26:45 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: DeMango

Instead of us bringing it up by applying math and getting suspended/nuked, lets just suspend Alan whenever he brings it up and says it happened!
link to original post



I don't think Alan has brought it up for quite a while.
link to original post


I think the examples Wiz did and others, says it didn't happen.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8736
February 24th, 2022 at 5:59:17 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Quote: Dieter

Quote: DeMango

Instead of us bringing it up by applying math and getting suspended/nuked, lets just suspend Alan whenever he brings it up and says it happened!
link to original post



I don't think Alan has brought it up for quite a while.
link to original post


I think the examples Wiz did and others, says it didn't happen.
link to original post



Absolutely nothing says it didn't happen. It says that it is unlikely to have happened.
Order from chaos
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2958
February 25th, 2022 at 8:51:11 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: DeMango

Quote: Dieter

Quote: DeMango

Instead of us bringing it up by applying math and getting suspended/nuked, lets just suspend Alan whenever he brings it up and says it happened!
link to original post



I don't think Alan has brought it up for quite a while.
link to original post


I think the examples Wiz did and others, says it didn't happen.
link to original post



Absolutely nothing says it didn't happen. It says that it is unlikely to have happened.
link to original post


We can safely say, based on the numbers, it didn't happen.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.

  • Jump to: