thezone
thezone
  • Threads: 7
February 17th, 2013 at 4:12:05 PM permalink
Every player has the right to bet whatever he/she wants. The following are a list of what I consider to be bad etiquette:

- Cashing in in the middle of a roll.
- Being vocally obnoxious at anyone at the table whether he/she is betting with you or against you.
- Playing with the dice and setting them up for an hour before each roll thinking that you can influence them.
- Having your girlfriend/boyfriend blow on the dice for you before each roll (especially if you r the guy blowing) lol
- Cashing in in the middle of a roll.
- And most importantly, cashing in in the middle of a roll.

The should have a no mid roll entry table.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 17th, 2013 at 4:32:56 PM permalink
Sometimes an offender to the cashing in during someone's roll is simply an experienced and generally polite craps player who is temporarily distracted by the attentions of some recent conquest he is bringing to the table or more likely the attentions of what he hopes is about to become one of his conquests. Craps crews are often influenced by the amount of an attempted mid roll buy in, particularly if it is accompanied by an attempted "call bet" that is sizable.

I've seen stick men bring the dice back to the middle and allow a mid-roll buy in when the amount of the buy in was rather large in comparison to table limits or the new-player was already of rather unsteady gait.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
February 18th, 2013 at 8:14:57 AM permalink
help

Help the first thing is its your money and you have the right to bet any way you want. I sure dont mind a dont better when i am
playing, i cant say you always appreciate a vocal dont player..... but again its life. If all you play with are random throwers, then the
game is 100% luck, you just think th eluck is on the side of the 7 with 6 chances to hit instead of a 6 with only 5.

We had one come to the table yesterday, very courteous, started right on on the donts, made a little right away, but then got killed.

As far as buying in. I wont buy in during a roll . Or if you just cant wait, atleast wait until a point is made. I try to aways have
$50 in chips in my pocket so lets say i would be the next shooter, i can drop a couple of bucks and get on a 6 or 8.

On the other hand if i had a dollar for every jerkoff that dropped a wad of money all over the table right int he middle on a good
roll, and shut the table down for 10 minutes or demanded change and then the crew asked you going to bet, no i will wait awhile,

There is always a next roll, and you want to be courtous of others so you hope they will be to you.
TheWolf713
TheWolf713
  • Threads: 20
February 18th, 2013 at 4:05:53 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

help

Help the first thing is its your money and you have the right to bet any way you want. I sure dont mind a dont better when i am
playing, i cant say you always appreciate a vocal dont player..... but again its life. If all you play with are random throwers, then the
game is 100% luck, you just think th eluck is on the side of the 7 with 6 chances to hit instead of a 6 with only 5.

We had one come to the table yesterday, very courteous, started right on on the donts, made a little right away, but then got killed.

As far as buying in. I wont buy in during a roll . Or if you just cant wait, atleast wait until a point is made. I try to aways have
$50 in chips in my pocket so lets say i would be the next shooter, i can drop a couple of bucks and get on a 6 or 8.

On the other hand if i had a dollar for every jerkoff that dropped a wad of money all over the table right int he middle on a good
roll, and shut the table down for 10 minutes or demanded change and then the crew asked you going to bet, no i will wait awhile,

There is always a next roll, and you want to be courtous of others so you hope they will be to you.

There's nothing like the "over the shooter's shoulder buy-in" or the "little old lady who wants all the hardways" classic
"I'm a DO'er and you my friend, are a Don'ter" -Mark Walberg pain and Gain
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 89
February 18th, 2013 at 4:14:37 PM permalink
I had a very odd situation this morning. I was on stick right 1, only half the table was open (this was at the Silverton). The table had plenty of spots available and a guy tries to come up and buy-in between me and the stick man. I had over $1,000 worth of green chips in the rail (the part that is closest to the stick man). This dude was a black guy (not that it matters, but anyway). I did not give him any space and moved closer to the stick man and said "what are you going to work the stick?"

There was no way I was letting the guy in there (it's my spot damn it) but I could not BELIEVE how bold the guy was in trying to squeeze between me and the stick when i was that close already.

So he moves over to spots away and I think he had already got the message he wasn't welcome because by the time I looked up to see, he had already turned and left.

It was the type of scene normally I only encounter at Palace Station.

I normally don't worry about buy-ins and color ups in mid roll providing that there is no interference with the roll itself and you are polite and paying attention to other players.

But this was the most extremely awkward (to say the least) attempt at a buy-in I have ever seen.

Several players said they thought he was about to try to make a grab at my chips.

Anyway, that is the sort of thing that I really take issue with.

The other thing I guess is that it doesn't matter what it is that you do, do not distract the shooter! Buying in is just one thing, but lots of things can do it. Just be conscious of the fact that the shooter may be trying to concentrate on what he is doing and not wanting to think about you at all.

George was on box, and after a while he said "that guy is behind you" and I believed him because George doesn't joke around like that. But I turned around real fast and he wasn't there.

LOL.
http://dumbass.website
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 18th, 2013 at 5:45:23 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Several players said they thought he was about to try to make a grab at my chips.

Would have if he could have.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 18th, 2013 at 5:59:23 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Not that I disagree, but why argue with the troll when you can flag his posts?

Fighting BS one post at a time!
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 19th, 2013 at 12:14:55 PM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

If I happen to be betting don't pass and it comes to my turn I absolutely stick with don't pass. I do not switch to the light side just because I happen to be shooting. It gets some odd looks shooting from the don't, but when people ask I say that I'm trying to be consistent.

I think I shoot way more sevens than the average person. It's just a feeling. I like rolling the dice too and pass or don't pass doesn't matter to me on my turn.

--helpmespock

"New shooter, from the don't, says he won't."

If I'm playing the don't, I always shoot from the don't too. I'm a "pretty bad" shooter, but it's anecdotal at best.

Sometimes I'll even play the pass line on all the other shooters, and switch to the don't for myself. This is if, for some reason, I don't want to be an asshole :).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Nostron
Nostron
  • Threads: 6
February 19th, 2013 at 2:47:38 PM permalink
As a followup to someones post above - I've noticed more Dont players in New Orleans than anywhere else I've ever played - and its not even close.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
  • Threads: 48
February 21st, 2013 at 10:29:46 PM permalink
How could it ever be 'rude' to play a game by the rules that the game defines?

If someone thinks playing the dark side is 'rude' - they should play another game - or they are retarded - or both.

• Jump to: