FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
December 30th, 2011 at 9:00:50 PM permalink
The way I understand the ace-five count is that it is a weak way to determine when you've got a better chance to get an ace. Once you get a good count you gotta get lucky that one of those aces lands on you with the hope that a plethera of tens comes behind it. Does it increase the effectiveness of the count then to be playing mano-a-mano against the dealer? With a full table there seems like a lot more places those cards rich in aces could go.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 31st, 2011 at 12:30:39 AM permalink
I think the Wizard has said many times the number of players doesnt matter, but I am not a card counter so maybe someone else should confirm that.

You have it right about the reason aces are good, but I forget why 5s in particular are bad, which is interesting. Someone know?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 31st, 2011 at 1:02:30 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 31st, 2011 at 4:19:42 AM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

The way I understand the ace-five count is that it is a weak way to determine when you've got a better chance to get an ace. Once you get a good count you gotta get lucky that one of those aces lands on you with the hope that a plethera of tens comes behind it. Does it increase the effectiveness of the count then to be playing mano-a-mano against the dealer? With a full table there seems like a lot more places those cards rich in aces could go.

The overall odds are the same. The main purpose of counting is to know when to get the money on the table. You shouldn't be identified as a counter which gives you an advantage at a full table. You'll probably be able to wong out in place. Just give a ploppy excuse as needed.

It's nice to see you take a break from the religious threads. If you decide to get serious about blackjack we can explore other counting options.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
December 31st, 2011 at 9:01:21 AM permalink
When the count is good, it is better to be the only player at the table, to get more chances at good cards. When the count is bad, it's better when there are many players to help you burn through the bad cards faster.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
  • Jump to: