Thread Rating:

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
October 24th, 2011 at 12:42:24 PM permalink
Someone I saw paying 25 cents as ante in order to play $2 BJ seemed to be doing it so that he could bet big on the side bets. Might be similar to playing slots.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
October 24th, 2011 at 12:49:39 PM permalink
Well, THAT makes sense - in an f-d up sort of way: Increase the house edge on the base game, so you have the opportunity to play a high house edge side bet.

Yeah, that makes sense, NOT.

On a side note, one of my plans for Poker For Roulette is a keno type ticket system so you can play the side bet, for an extended period of time, without playing Roulette, or even staying near the table.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 24th, 2011 at 2:09:18 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Why do people do it then?

Spreading only $1 -$10, and charging a quarter for each hand, doesn't seem like it would even justify the table space. What is the advantage of offering a $1 game vs. a $5 game?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
October 24th, 2011 at 2:22:06 PM permalink
It's justified when you consider all the people that won't play for $5, but will happily hand over a quarter to play for $1.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗

• Jump to: