Thread Rating:

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
January 23rd, 2022 at 5:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: jsvegas

Thanks for your stupid answer…what does it matter how long ago I joined?…go back to your video games
link to original post

Oh, right, you're just a supreme human being that is allowed to be super selfish and post things that can be found JOKE EASILY on the same site you posted on, but expect others to do it for you for some reason. Sorry I didn't jump all over helping you sooner since you've contributed zero to these forums other than showing just what type of person you are. Have a nice life.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
January 23rd, 2022 at 5:47:40 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Thanks for your stupid answer…what does it matter how long ago I joined?…go back to your video games
link to original post

Oh, right, you're just a supreme human being that is allowed to be super selfish and post things that can be found JOKE EASILY on the same site you posted on, but expect others to do it for you for some reason. Sorry I didn't jump all over helping you sooner since you've contributed zero to these forums other than showing just what type of person you are. Have a nice life.
link to original post

Geez man. Did your dog die or something?
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 55
JohnnyQRomes
January 24th, 2022 at 7:14:20 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

link to original post

Oh, right, you're just a supreme human being that is allowed to be super selfish and post things that can be found JOKE EASILY on the same site you posted on,but expect others to do it for you for some reason. Sorry I didn't jump all over helping you sooner since you've contributed zero to these forums other than showing just what type of person you are. Have a nice life.
link to original post

link to original post

On an internet forum, having other people respond to your requests and be helpful is NOT a right. It is a privilege. And such a privilege usually must be earned with some minimum standards of courtesy.

BTW, Romes is a well-known long-time member of our forum who has written how-to articles on card counting the game of blackjack. I have had some off-forum association with Romes and he has earned my respect on many levels many times over. I am proud that he is a member of WOV forum and grateful that he occasionally takes time from his busy life and tries to help people here who are genuinely asking for help.

And I know that Romes doesn't need me to defend him, but dammit, that needed to be said.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 24th, 2022 at 7:26:40 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

Oh, right, you're just a supreme human being that is allowed to be super selfish and post things that can be found JOKE EASILY on the same site you posted on,but expect others to do it for you for some reason. Sorry I didn't jump all over helping you sooner since you've contributed zero to these forums other than showing just what type of person you are. Have a nice life.
link to original post

link to original post

On an internet forum, having other people respond to your requests and be helpful is NOT a right. It is a privilege. And such a privilege usually must be earned with some minimum standards of courtesy.

BTW, Romes is a well-known long-time member of our forum who has written how-to articles on card counting the game of blackjack. I have had some off-forum association with Romes and he has earned my respect on many levels many times over. I am proud that he is a member of WOV forum and grateful that he occasionally takes time from his busy life and tries to help people here who are genuinely asking for help.

And I know that Romes doesn't need me to defend him, but dammit, that needed to be said.
link to original post

I know who he is, his contributions, have met him, and have several mutual acquaintances. I meant to be sarcastic, perhaps came off wrong. If Romes takes any offense to it, I apologize for that.

In this case it has no effect on my opinion, but if anything, you vouching for someone would lower my opinion of said person because of your “my shit don’t stink” way of carrying yourself. Go find a double amputee to vouch for. Good day or week or whatever comes.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Jan 24, 2022
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
Romes
January 24th, 2022 at 9:19:45 AM permalink

Quote: gordonm888

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I know who he is, his contributions, have met him, and have several mutual acquaintances. I meant to be sarcastic, perhaps came off wrong. If Romes takes any offense to it, I apologize for that.

In this case it has no effect on my opinion, but if anything, you vouching for someone would lower my opinion of said person because of your “my shit don’t stink” way of carrying yourself. Go find a double amputee to vouch for. Good day or week or whatever comes.
link to original post

Did your dog die or something?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 55
January 24th, 2022 at 12:35:04 PM permalink

link to original post

I am married, so every day of my life I have someone who reminds me how un-special I am! Duly noted that you have an unfavorable opinion of me and no hard feelings on my part.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 248
January 24th, 2022 at 1:48:41 PM permalink

Uh, "thank-you" for raising the bar on the level of discourse here ?

Did you read your post and count to ten before posting ?
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
Donuts
Donuts
  • Threads: 24
Romes
January 24th, 2022 at 3:55:35 PM permalink

link to original post

Poll - Should Romes go back to video games?

NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
JohnnyQ
January 24th, 2022 at 5:16:12 PM permalink
Can everyone please relax, yes sending the calculator was an answer. One could also have said standing on the soft 17 is better. Either way let's all be kind to each other, one never knows what might be going on with someone else...
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
January 25th, 2022 at 10:08:04 AM permalink
Quote: Donuts

link to original post

Poll - Should Romes go back to video games?

link to original post

I voted yes... more fun.

Appreciate the kinds words Gordon. I wasn't too miffed, just the 1,000,000th person to think the world, and subsequently this forum, revolved around them =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

• Jump to: