TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 13
November 2nd, 2019 at 11:39:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I think a pretty good comp estimate is 1/3 of your average bet per hour. So it would not surprise me if a $5 player would get $1.50 an hour in comps. Playing 8 hours a day should get someone one cheap comped meal per day.

That's about the bare minimum someone should expect. About five to 10 years ago, most of the big off-strip places were advertising comped buffets starting at one hour at $5. Spread $5 to $25 with the count and likely can likely a discretionary comp after one to two hours just by asking.

In Las Vegas there doesn't seem to be much shortage of 3-2 games at six decks or less. Just yesterday: completely empty table at 7:00 on a Friday night at Sante Fe. Dealer hits soft 17
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 31
November 2nd, 2019 at 11:57:46 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

For a non advantage player, the fewer hands per hour is better. It's one of the most insidious things about a CSM. You end up playing more hands against the house edge. The only time the player isn't at a disadvantage is during the shuffle break.
If one can count six decks, they can count eight decks.

It depends. I would rather just play and go on a winning or losing streak. I do not like to sit at the table for hours and just ride it. I prefer just having more play time and less shuffle time. 8 deck show with 1-3 players is fun for me.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
November 2nd, 2019 at 2:38:45 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Is that a euphemism for losing?

It's a euphemism for "I don't care if I win or lose."
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
November 2nd, 2019 at 4:25:03 PM permalink

If you follow Jean Scott, you can pretty much eat for free weekdays with minimal play and risk. It's more about comp sucking than actually gambling but it beats dumpster diving or panhandling.

Sure, but not by much.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 2nd, 2019 at 6:56:00 PM permalink

but it beats dumpster diving or panhandling.

Don't equate the two, Dumpster diving is surely the pits, but panhandling at least means i'm working.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 29
November 2nd, 2019 at 11:51:39 PM permalink
I met someone who does day trading. Maybe that would be a good retirement.

I have met AC Techs and electricians past 65. Be careful with high voltage. I will be a part time AC Tech til I die. There is such a demand for AC techs that it should easy to find openings
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 3rd, 2019 at 6:00:12 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I met someone who does day trading. Maybe that would be a good retirement.

I have met AC Techs and electricians past 65. Be careful with high voltage. I will be a part time AC Tech til I die. There is such a demand for AC techs that it should easy to find openings

On one hand I would love to day trade. OTOH, I would rather handicap sports and just make a few bets, then kill time in other pursuits. Hard part on Day Trading is it is actual work. You need to specialize 2-3 stocks and handicap them same as a sports bettor handicaps games.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 33
November 4th, 2019 at 5:57:03 AM permalink
I've got a strategy to buy-in 25 units for about $500 at a $15 table and if I win 20 hands ahead I can cash out at around $2,000. Double that for a ($25) $30 table. Not sure that buy-in would last an hour or a day.

• Jump to: