gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 32
June 15th, 2019 at 10:12:13 AM permalink
Quote: kuroshivo

would a free and open source blackjack engine help to do statistical (i.e. Monte Carlo) analysis?

I cannot post the link because I am still new to the forum...

Yes. And I would certainly be interested in an open source blackjack engine to do statistical (i.e. Monte Carlo) analysis, as would many other people I think.
kuroshivo
kuroshivo
  • Threads: 1
June 15th, 2019 at 10:58:51 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Yes. And I would certainly be interested in an open source blackjack engine to do statistical (i.e. Monte Carlo) analysis, as would many other people I think.

I still cannot post the link but there is another thread in the forum called "yet another derivation of the basic strategy" where one of the admins posted the URL.

You can browser Github slash seamplex slash libreblackajck to see the code. There is a link to the webpage with the docs.

Let me know if you can find it.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
June 15th, 2019 at 4:06:41 PM permalink
Quote: kuroshivo

I still cannot post the link but there is another thread in the forum called "yet another derivation of the basic strategy" where one of the admins posted the URL.

You can browser Github slash seamplex slash libreblackajck to see the code. There is a link to the webpage with the docs.

Let me know if you can find it.

Here's the link from my other post:

Quote: beachbumbabs

Ok, here is the link that your readme points to:

https://www.seamplex.com/blackjack/

It appears to have further links to the programming, and indicates which libraries it accesses in order to run (that you have to download or hook into, not sure how it manifests). I'm on my phone and not going further trying to run it, but if someone who is in a position to use and evaluate this program would look at it and report back, I'd appreciate it.

If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
tomchina123
tomchina123
  • Threads: 38
July 1st, 2019 at 1:41:55 AM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

Here is an interesting link, but I don't know if the link below is helpful*** to you (as I haven't learnt those formulas, and I don't know if you can use those formulas for anything other than working out basic strategy,)

http://www.professorbray.net/Teaching/89s-MOU/2017-SummerTerm2/Papers/CWR_Paper1_Blackjack.pdf

***: page 21 is where it explains how to work out the EV of splitting.

There is a problem with it though because it says "To make things easier, we assume that player won’t split again after splitting.", and you wanted to learn how to do a "ca of splits to 4 hands".

Even so, someone better at this than me may tell you if this is a good starting point or not for what you want to do.

Update (4 am Pac time):

Also, with the bjstrat website, would changing the "shoe composition" from 4 to 2 for the cards you want to split help in getting a better estimate for what the EV is, when splitting to 4 hands in a 1-deck game ?

thanks.
tomchina123
tomchina123
July 1st, 2019 at 2:05:37 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

tomchina, I have done calculations similar to what you have done, although I have done them for 1, 2,6 and 8 decks. The effects of EOR of various ranks on "close-call" decisions is far more important for 1 deck than for 6 or 8 deck.

The Hi-Lo count is pretty good for some decisions such as 15v10, 15v9 and Insurance, but is bad for 16v10, 10v10, 13v2, 12v3,4, etc.

Regarding your questions on doing combinational analysis on split pairs (with resplitting): LOL, good question, I don't know how to do it any better than the approximations used by Wizard and bjstrat in their CA hand evaluators; although the rigorous combinatorial analysis of split/resplit pairs is not a question with much practical significance. That's why we all use approximations.

thanks. the 'split' will be my lifetime thing to do. i have read your other posts on this topic. you are a good prefessor.
to update what i said in one answer i would go to korean for some time to make money, now i am back after 18 days. more than 10 hours a day. quite fruitful. bankroll is doubled a little more. at br=USD30,000. i played small. USD30---500 per bet. walkerhill bared me playing shoegame of blackjack. my first time. they are famous for barring.
earning is too much more than EV. what can i say. i spent years on learning. luck pays to learning. and i have more money to meet next big losing streak.
on details, it is too detailed to be done... it is not good games compared to USA. but better for beginners as an asian.
tomchina123
tomchina123
July 1st, 2019 at 2:20:09 AM permalink
the hand EOR is not practical, but realistic.
for example, 3 max bets at the table, hands: 20, 20, 16, dealer is 10 showing up.true count: 0 or i have tracked the clumps. i will do a lot of memory work as how to play the 16, if to hit or stand. i know by maths this 'hit' or 'stand' is of small difference. but by money, it is too big a difference.
i just want to play this 16 to my most understanding and memory. 6 is a high card for 16. A is now a small card.
if i have done my best for this 16, just let it to be what the result is. but if i haven't done by best. i would regret a lot.
hands like 12v2,3,4, 16V9,10, 15v10, 1010V6, A8v6... the count is just around the deviation. which makes me play like playing poker. thinking hard, playing chips...
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
July 1st, 2019 at 6:57:57 AM permalink
Quote: tomchina123

thanks. the 'split' will be my lifetime thing to do. i have read your other posts on this topic. you are a good prefessor.
to update what i said in one answer i would go to korean for some time to make money, now i am back after 18 days. more than 10 hours a day. quite fruitful. bankroll is doubled a little more. at br=USD30,000. i played small. USD30---500 per bet. walkerhill bared me playing shoegame of blackjack. my first time. they are famous for barring.
earning is too much more than EV. what can i say. i spent years on learning. luck pays to learning. and i have more money to meet next big losing streak.
on details, it is too detailed to be done... it is not good games compared to USA. but better for beginners as an asian.

Well, either you're running very good, or your system is working well for you, doubling your br in 18 days like that. Congrats!
tomchina123
tomchina123
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
July 1st, 2019 at 7:07:52 AM permalink
thanks.
it is hoped that the system is not understood as secret system as betting system or so.
it is maths. it can be talked and published.
it is all written in this thread. i am sure hand EOR is just right. every hand has a counting system. maybe too difficult for the public. but i have started it. i have made it fully at my own software. my software goes the same with the public ones as for making basic strategy and deviations.
and i cut some Aces. some shuffling is just right for me. too easy to track.
i will come to USA, when i am more ready.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
July 1st, 2019 at 7:15:40 AM permalink
Quote: tomchina123

thanks.
it is hoped that the system is not understood as secret system as betting system or so.
it is maths. it can be talked and published.
it is all written in this thread. i am sure hand EOR is just right. every hand has a counting system. maybe too difficult for the public. but i have started it. i have made it fully at my own software. my software goes the same with the public ones as for making basic strategy and deviations.
and i cut some Aces. some shuffling is just right for me. too easy to track.
i will come to USA, when i am more ready.

You should let us know when you come over. If nothing else, some of us could meet up with you, share a meal, discuss counting systems and such.
tomchina123
tomchina123
July 1st, 2019 at 9:18:13 AM permalink
it will be very nice. i worry i am too lonely in USA. i would also be intereted in team work by many ways.
i just use hilo.
i would do sth on strategy devitations according to remembered cards. for betting, any system is good enough. it is humanly possible to reach to nearly 100%.
for tracking, it is also a new challenge as for how to do with 14, 15,16 V 10. actually, even 16V7, if counted right. tc is more than 3, we should stand.
thanks for your comment, i feel it is a big encouragement.

• Jump to: