heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 174
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
November 19th, 2018 at 7:40:49 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm going to vid cap a bundle of games spanning a few doubles and blackjacks. Then I'll use vid software to accurately time all aspects. Then decide and test a few hypotheses. Maybe invest a day or so. Worst case I draw a blank and waste some time.

ive recently JUST got into this, as im going to try to incorporate a youtube channel into my plans.

Ive found out, in order to remove some of the watermarks and limitations within some of the programs that ive had to use multiple pieces of software if i want a high quality video AND be able to do basic editing

This one allows you to record your screen for an unlimited amount of time along with as big of a screen as you want. Not sure about 4k or up. Bonus it also allows you to stream and make your own layout of that stream, as in you can have your camera on you, along with multiple other sources of videos on the same screen such as a screencast
https://
obsproject
.com/

This one allows for free, and professional editing of the videos you took with OBS
https://
.openshot
.org/

so far i find to do basic videos with some basic effects such as fade in and out and its all i need
BlackjackLover
BlackjackLover
  • Threads: 9
OnceDear
November 19th, 2018 at 12:35:47 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Read my follow-up posts. I know and always knew that this tell / feature is of no value to me. But it makes me wonder if it's going to be one of multiple features and that further observation might reveal an exploitable weakness. E.g. if i see some quirky behaviour or timing when offered insurance.

It could be intentional. It makes sense to reveal the outcome immediately when you lose. There is no need to keep you in suspense when you're going to be disappointed. On the other hand, maybe delaying to reveal that you win can make you feel better (the short wait is worth it). Anyway, be careful. In case you find other quirky behaviors, they may be random and have nothing to do with the results.
heatmap
heatmap
OnceDear
December 10th, 2018 at 8:01:20 PM permalink
Hey Once, I'm almost sure I just noticed something like this in the blackjack game I have been playing. If you are interested, i have the exact game, website, and situation to look for. This one is actually bad in my opinion. There is a tell which basically tells me if the dealer has a blackjack and if i should take insurance or not. This is a free to play game with only fun play credits for me in my state, but im almost sure that this game could be in production somewhere else for real money. Please message me and ill give you all of the details. I would have messaged you but that function of this site alludes me.

edit i also records some of my sessions which ill review and can possibly post online if its true.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
heatmap
December 11th, 2018 at 2:40:49 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Hey Once, I'm almost sure I just noticed something like this in the blackjack game I have been playing. If you are interested, i have the exact game, website, and situation to look for. This one is actually bad in my opinion. There is a tell which basically tells me if the dealer has a blackjack and if i should take insurance or not.

Hi HM,
This is the sort of 'tell' that I was inclined to look for after finding the one that i did.

I'd love to see what you have discovered but first you need to 'Enable private messaging'. To do that, click on your user name at the upper right of the screen and select 'Preferences'
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
BlackjackLover
BlackjackLover
  • Threads: 9
December 11th, 2018 at 3:47:07 PM permalink

i also records some of my sessions which ill review and can possibly post online if its true.

I'm interested. You can send me a private message as well.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
BlackjackLover
December 11th, 2018 at 3:49:28 PM permalink
Quote: BlackjackLover

I'm interested. You can send me a private message as well.

OI! Ya greedy Brit :o)
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
heatmap
heatmap
OnceDear
December 11th, 2018 at 6:59:41 PM permalink
Im going to admit I was most likely wrong about this, but I don't know why I - think - I noticed a difference within the play.
Im just going to tell you all what I think i saw.

Anyways the game is GAN Pro Blackjack.

What I thought I saw, was part of the animations of the game. The animations I am speaking about is sort of a secondary part which you aren't supposed to notice, but its simply an illumination or a spot-light which tells the player which hand is currently active for play.

Normally, the animation is always focused on the players hand at first.

What I thought i saw, was the spotlight focused on the dealers hand at first, and only when an ace was showing so when i pressed "No" for insurance, the spotlight wouldnt move if the dealer had BJ

The next scenario is the exact same thing where its only on the dealer ace up, but when I was offered insurance, the spotlight had stayed focused on my hand if the dealer didnt have BJ. Of which I thought indicated that the dealer didnt have blackjack.

The second scenario is supposed to be the correct scenario all the time where the spotlight was supposed to be focused on the players hand no matter if the dealer has blackjack at first or not.

I have reviewed my play and am going to say that I simply wasn't paying attention to the events and the order that they hapened because I can't reproduce the events now.

I am also going to say I am slightly doubting my doubt, and that I don't know if I would have made this post had I not noticed something different as I play this specific game every day for at least an hour just to pass time.

Oh, and this version also pays out even money on an ace up blackjack if the player has blackjack as well (ill update this if i find im wrong)
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
December 12th, 2018 at 1:29:21 AM permalink

Im going to admit I was most likely wrong about this, but I don't know why I - think - I noticed a difference within the play.
Im just going to tell you all what I think i saw.

Anyways the game is GAN Pro Blackjack.

Thanks,
I googled that and found their website. It's riddled with typos and 404 errors, even spelling Blackjack wrongly.
That does give me hope that their software is flawed and they do seem to be involved with real money sites.

We're going on a bear hunt :o)

• Jump to: