Thread Rating:

unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
October 16th, 2018 at 10:21:54 AM permalink
Quote: DogHand

ZenKinG,

So you're up about $16K in about 400 hours... that's about $40/hr.

But you're "betting on average 2x200", or $400. At 100 rounds/hr, that's $40K in action per hour.

Thus, your IBA is 0.1%... that seems pretty low.

Am I missing something?

Dog Hand

100 rounds per hour is too high. Iím guessing 200x2 average is also too high. Otherwise no issues.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
October 16th, 2018 at 11:36:16 AM permalink
In pretending you're right that a business can't trespass you for counting cards (again I'm not saying I agree with this, just let's say that's true) that doesn't really mean anything. There is also no law that says citizens must pay income tax. Why do you do that? Stop paying income tax... same thing... then see how that works out for you.

There really isn't btw. My uncle (a very intelligent successful DBA) was on a large group of people whom tried to point this out and prove it in the 80's. There's also a challenge out right now for $1,000,000 to anyone that can find the statute that claims Americans have to pay income tax to the government. There isn't one.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
October 16th, 2018 at 11:50:37 AM permalink
Yeah, man like you never truly own real estate but only rent it from government. After all, if you don't continue to pay the property taxes associated with it, the property will be seized. I didn't even need a super fancy uncle to figure that out.
100% risk of ruin
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 45
October 16th, 2018 at 11:52:18 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

In pretending you're right that a business can't trespass you for counting cards (again I'm not saying I agree with this, just let's say that's true) that doesn't really mean anything. There is also no law that says citizens must pay income tax. Why do you do that? Stop paying income tax... same thing... then see how that works out for you.

There really isn't btw. My uncle (a very intelligent successful DBA) was on a large group of people whom tried to point this out and prove it in the 80's. There's also a challenge out right now for $1,000,000 to anyone that can find the statute that claims Americans have to pay income tax to the government. There isn't one.

Tax_protester_statutory_arguments
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
October 16th, 2018 at 11:53:12 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that what the 16th amendment does? Give the government power to tax income. Perhaps all the legal scholars here can educate me.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
October 16th, 2018 at 12:48:32 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't that what the 16th amendment does? Give the government power to tax income. Perhaps all the legal scholars here can educate me.

You don't even need to get to the amendments. It's in Article I, section 8, paragraph 1 of the Constitution:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States..."

Granted, those are broad terms, but that's the gist of it. Interestingly, collecting taxes for the "general welfare of the United States" also strongly implies that the gov't can collect taxes and use them for universal healthcare.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
Thanks for this post from:
CrystalMath
October 16th, 2018 at 12:56:03 PM permalink
I applaud ZK for attempting to wrestle with and understand the complexities and nuances of The Law.

Alas, it seems that ZK is to The Law as Nathan is to The Lottery.
"What, me worry?"
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
October 16th, 2018 at 2:34:09 PM permalink
Zen, I assume you did research for your opening post. Can I assume you also saw Slade v Caesars Entertaiment (2016)?

In that case, the Nevada Supreme Court upheld the fact that Gaming establishments have a free hand to evict anybody as long as they don't discriminate.

Get the facts first.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 120
October 16th, 2018 at 2:42:13 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Zen, I assume you did research for your opening post. Can I assume you also saw Slade v Caesars Entertaiment (2016)?

In that case, the Nevada Supreme Court upheld the fact that Gaming establishments have a free hand to evict anybody as long as they don't discriminate.

Get the facts first.

Nevada Supreme Court applied the facts incorrectly so they donít count.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
October 16th, 2018 at 2:54:11 PM permalink
Were they Chinese facts?
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: