kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 179
November 13th, 2015 at 10:34:09 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Which is just another reason why you are respected by many people who have never met you and probably never will.

Thank you for the kind sentiment Boz.
Just say no to 6:5 Blackjack, Continuous shuffle machines and Blackjack the Forum. All are Negative expected value.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
November 13th, 2015 at 12:34:03 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

He doesn't seem to be much of a fan of mine as well, having singled me out in a number of post and blogs. I am a lowly card counter that he seems to despise.

I am disappointed to read this.

Your background and what you've accomplished is pretty damn incredible, and you've done it with grace and class.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
November 13th, 2015 at 12:39:01 PM permalink
There is only one question, why not to reprint if the book is so popular?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 13th, 2015 at 12:42:45 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

There is only one question, why not to reprint if the book is so popular?

Ever hear of copywriting laws?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 179
November 13th, 2015 at 3:35:58 PM permalink
Quote: HowMany

I am disappointed to read this.

Your background and what you've accomplished is pretty damn incredible, and you've done it with grace and class.

Wow, thank you. With phrases like "grace and class" and "respected" from Boz before this, I am feeling alot of love from this site. Quite a contrast from one of the blackjack sites that I have all but been run off of (along with many other professional type AP's), where my contributions, thoughts, opinions and sharing of my experiences are much less appreciated. They use a whole 'different' set of adjectives to describe me. lol.

Anyway, I should clarify, that while Mr Grosjean has singled me out to make comments about on both his blog and BJ21, I don't think it is anything personal in his eyes. I have had conversations with him in several chat rooms on other sites and he has been mostly pleasant. I am just a fairly visible card counter because I participate a number of places, so somewhat of an easy target, representative of card counters for him to voice his opinion about. As many of you that have read his work, know, he likens card counters to the bottom of the AP evolutionary chain, comparing us to "salamanders" crawling out from the sea.

Mr Grosjean is not alone in his disdain for card counters in the AP community. The disdain seems to be that we have not 'evolved' up the AP ladder. Some of these folks either fail to realize or fail to accept that some of us choose and even enjoy using this age old elementary technique to gain a slight advantage.
Just say no to 6:5 Blackjack, Continuous shuffle machines and Blackjack the Forum. All are Negative expected value.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
November 13th, 2015 at 3:49:12 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Ever hear of copywriting laws?

wouldn't be the author or immediate heirs be interested to make an extra dough?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
November 13th, 2015 at 3:51:04 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

wouldn't be the author or immediate heirs be interested to make an extra dough?

It was sold only on his site in very limited quantities. It supposedly even got to the point where you needed permission to buy it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1248
November 13th, 2015 at 4:12:20 PM permalink

It supposedly even got to the point where you needed permission to buy it.

That's true.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
November 13th, 2015 at 4:27:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

That's true.

We got ours before then, so we got lucky :-)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1248
November 13th, 2015 at 4:42:04 PM permalink

We got ours before then, so we got lucky :-)

I got the original book off the shelf at Huntington Press before approval was required. For Exhibit CAA Grosjean was nice enough to approve me.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: