Thread Rating:

nemesiscc16
nemesiscc16
  • Threads: 4
July 26th, 2015 at 10:21:19 AM permalink
First off please understand that I am in now way question the ILL 18. I understand that brilliant math minds have figured this out and that it is mathematically correct. I just am having a tough time understanding WHY some are what they are.
16 v. 10 S0 I completely understand. Now what I don't understand is why you would hit 16 v. 7 at any count (I know there is an index play for this but, I'm solely looking at ILL 18). You are just as likely to bust that 16 in a positive count and the dealers hand is far less strong and they are also more likely to bust. I would assume you hit 16 v. 7 bc while you are just as likely to bust you are more likely to actually win and or push bc the dealer has a 7 and that this greater chance of a win or push would prove to be more valuable over the long term than simply standing.
Please help me understand this. I have started to dabble in index plays and I like to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing though I already understand its fact. Thanks
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 26th, 2015 at 11:50:39 AM permalink
against a ten, only catching a 4 or 5 are good, in order to have a good chance at a push/win. A-3 aren't too great.

Against a 7, all those cards are good.
  • Jump to: