Donuts
Donuts
  • Threads: 24
February 24th, 2015 at 11:05:19 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Everything said here I agree with and is also most of my experiences... I don't think I've ever come across a dealer that knows surrendering is basic strategy. Yet I've had dealer after dealer roll their eyes, call me a quitter, say things like "I just don't think I could ever give up half my money and not even try!"

Thank god for the 0- 15v10 16v9 index. I've had dealers get legitimately angry after I surrendered a few hands in a row.

I once had a dealer that paid me $17.50 (an extra red) on my $25 wagers making surrendering a -30% EV play instead of -50%. She didn't understand why I was surrendering every 12 through 17 vs. her 8s, 9s, and 10s.

Some fun math:
If surrender paid 70% all the time, the player edge would be a whopping 2.310% and basic strategy would look something like this. (Assumes infinite decks)

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
February 24th, 2015 at 11:21:57 AM permalink
Quote: Donuts

...I once had a dealer that paid me $17.50 (an extra red) on my $25 wagers making surrendering a -30% EV play instead of -50%. She didn't understand why I was surrendering every 12 through 17 vs. her 8s, 9s, and 10s...

Wow, what a situation =p. Of course I'm sure others will be saying "leave before they accuse you of collusion!" to which I 'kind of' agree... but that's neither here nor there, what a great +EV situation that must have been.

Thanks for the charts too. Fun to look at something different and how other rules could affect ones playing decisions.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

• Jump to: