theOmega623
theOmega623
  • Threads: 16
November 21st, 2014 at 12:04:29 PM permalink
Well theyre really no problem at all. I got them from Bryce Carlson's book & I spent so much time memorizing them that its really easy now to incorporate them while playing. Ill take every bit of an edge that I can get & I dont think it gets any better than AOII with an ace side count with nearly all the basic strategy variations from -5 to +10 (leaving the table when the count drops below -5). I also believe that basic strategy variations are much more valuable when playing single or double deck vs 6 or 8 deck.
moses
moses
  • Threads: 10
November 21st, 2014 at 1:08:42 PM permalink
Quote: theOmega623

Well theyre really no problem at all. I got them from Bryce Carlson's book & I spent so much time memorizing them that its really easy now to incorporate them while playing. Ill take every bit of an edge that I can get & I dont think it gets any better than AOII with an ace side count with nearly all the basic strategy variations from -5 to +10 (leaving the table when the count drops below -5). I also believe that basic strategy variations are much more valuable when playing single or double deck vs 6 or 8 deck.

Hard to argue your logic. Seems like you have a good plan in place. Single deck is a little different story. There are a few high value deviations and some that don't matter much.
theOmega623
theOmega623
November 21st, 2014 at 2:03:29 PM permalink
Yea ive never actually played any single deck games, but I would like to. From what I have read, even the few places that offer the 3:2 single deck games wont let you so much as raise your bet without giving you the boot. I see on the wizards blackjack guide that the 'Alamo' is currently offering a 3:2 single deck with surrender allowed (0.08% house edge). I would love to attack that bad boy lol
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
November 24th, 2014 at 6:29:48 AM permalink
Quote: theOmega623

Yea ive never actually played any single deck games, but I would like to. From what I have read, even the few places that offer the 3:2 single deck games wont let you so much as raise your bet without giving you the boot. I see on the wizards blackjack guide that the 'Alamo' is currently offering a 3:2 single deck with surrender allowed (0.08% house edge). I would love to attack that bad boy lol

.08 house edge in today's games? Couldn't be much more of a counter trap in my opinion! Swing away I guess, but play unrated and very short sessions =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
theOmega623
theOmega623
November 24th, 2014 at 7:42:32 AM permalink
Yea im thinking its either a trap or its got to be screwed up in some way. Maybe one or two hands dealt then shuffle or something like that. Ill probably swing by there & check it out before I leave.

• Jump to: