AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
October 31st, 2012 at 11:58:14 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Yes, start with MGM properties. I've seen $10 and certainly $15 minimums at MGM Grand and $25 minimums at Mirage, Monte Carlo, TI and even Bellagio at times all with a .28% house edge.

We may be getting into "I'd rather not talk about it" territory, but since you mentioned it, I'll say that I was not successful at finding any S17 games at Monte Carlo or TI on the main floor. I did not venture into the high limit rooms as I was not bankrolled on this trip for anything more than $25 mins (sadly).

My spreadsheet confirms that in December 2011 I played a S17 shoe game at Monte Carlo at a $25 minimum, but I went back to that exact table on my recent trip and it was H17. So either I made a bookkeeping error last year or they recently changed it.

Speaking to Bellagio, it's rather difficult to get a $25 S17 game there. I should have known better, but that was my first stop on Friday night when I got in, and there was a single $50 table and the rest were $100+. I'm sure this is typical for weekend evenings. Aria has quite a few S17 games, but I never saw a single one at less than $50, regardless of time. Maybe on weekdays. I did play at Bellagio on Saturday morning for $25 mins, and was promptly stuck for $1500 :p.

I'm hoping to be bankrolled for $50 games on my next trip to Vegas (day job FTW). It would substantially increase the number of S17 games I could play.

I have been meaning to write up a proper trip report (HB challenge weekend - 10/19 - 10/21) in my WoV blog but haven't gotten around to it. There were really no interesting BJ bits to it anyway.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 1st, 2012 at 12:13:14 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

My spreadsheet confirms that in December 2011 I played a S17 shoe game at Monte Carlo at a $25 minimum, but I went back to that exact table on my recent trip and it was H17. So either I made a bookkeeping error last year or they recently changed it.

I have seen that game flip back and forth a dozen times in my 3 years of living here. They don't change the felt, they have different tables that they move. I have noticed that at the busiest of times, like holiday weekends and when the rodeo is in town next month that it is H17. Other than that I have not seen rhyme nor reason as to when they have s17 and when they have h17. I would love to hear an explanation from someone who works there.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 1st, 2012 at 12:48:15 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I have seen that game flip back and forth a dozen times in my 3 years of living here. They don't change the felt, they have different tables that they move. I have noticed that at the busiest of times, like holiday weekends and when the rodeo is in town next month that it is H17. Other than that I have not seen rhyme nor reason as to when they have s17 and when they have h17. I would love to hear an explanation from someone who works there.

Thanks J, at least I know my memory isn't going THAT badly.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: