darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
January 12th, 2019 at 8:11:50 PM permalink
Hi yall

Last post of mine was the wonderful win at the River Dragons. It was great and I appreciate all the positive replies

Unfortunately I came home to a burglarized home. The losses are in multiples of that sweet win

Thats my life story. Win some, lose all

I will be away for a few weeks while i do repairs to the mess of my situation

See yall then
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 12th, 2019 at 8:26:25 PM permalink
Really sorry, darkoz. That’s awful. I’ve been burglarized three times, in three different places / cities. Each time random, druggies looking for a score.

Hope that the cops catch the $&@!ers that did this.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 12th, 2019 at 9:41:48 PM permalink
Condolences. Seems like that’s been happening a lot recently... :(
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
January 12th, 2019 at 11:30:12 PM permalink
Sad to hear you were robbed, hope you can take measures to prevent a reoccurrence.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mooseton
January 12th, 2019 at 11:58:24 PM permalink
That really sucks. People engaging in crimes like that deserve to be shot on the spot. I guess in NYC you can't do that though.
Unless you live in a neighborhood prone to such occurrences it is most likely someone you know.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Jan 13, 2019
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
January 13th, 2019 at 12:37:38 AM permalink
I agree, most of the time it is someone you know.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 13th, 2019 at 12:43:15 AM permalink
any repairmen? any garage door opener? any car keys kept near the door?
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RS
January 14th, 2019 at 4:32:38 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

That really sucks. People engaging in crimes like that deserve to be shot on the spot.

The Newspeak term for ‘intruder’ is now “Unwanted House Visitor”. Another gem from the Ministry of Misinformation (MSM).
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 14th, 2019 at 6:50:59 AM permalink
Yeah, my one burglary turned out to be the couple who had been my lawn service for 6 months at that point. Came by, I was out golfing, they locked the dog in the garage and stole my stuff. Filled the car, were headed back for a second load (already stacked by the door) when I got home.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 14th, 2019 at 7:00:02 AM permalink
My burglary was my neighbor's drunk friends. smashed into my car & stole GPS, sunglasses, and tootsie roll bank (full of bills). Oddly, they later returned the sunglasses and bank. Yes, they kept the $30 GPS and returned the glasses and cash. Must've been on a hell of a buzz for that to make sense...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 14th, 2019 at 12:24:03 PM permalink
Never had my house robbed
Nobody can tell if I am home or not because I park in my garage
I work from home so I am home a lot anyway
I never post my upcoming trips on facebook
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 14th, 2019 at 12:50:37 PM permalink
I have a Ring video doorbell.

People know pretty well what they are by now.
Religious/sales/political solicitors do not ring them because they don’t want to be recorded, but they are too dumb to realize you don’t have to press the button for it to record anything.

I imagine just having one may thwart some robbers.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 14th, 2019 at 1:01:51 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I have a Ring video doorbell.

People know pretty well what they are by now.
Religious/sales/political solicitors do not ring them because they don’t want to be recorded, but they are too dumb to realize you don’t have to press the button for it to record anything.

I imagine just having one may thwart some robbers.

Some old guy with a brightly coloured bucket has been stealing Rings and other video security devices. The cameras give great details of the guy. Incredibly, this has been going on for weeks.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
January 14th, 2019 at 1:29:41 PM permalink
Very sorry to hear that darkoz.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
January 14th, 2019 at 5:27:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Some old guy with a brightly coloured bucket has been stealing Rings and other video security devices. The cameras give great details of the guy. Incredibly, this has been going on for weeks.

I honestly bet ring never considered that scenario I mean anyone is willing to be a fall guy for any amount of money as long as it satisfies that person. I’ve been trying to invent something similar but if you are being serious then there is one of these guys in every city I’ll have an issue that needs to be solved.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 33
January 14th, 2019 at 6:43:03 PM permalink
Man, that sucks. I had that happen to me once a while back when I was in AC.

I was finally on a good run after hours of back and forth & started pulling ahead in Blackjack. I get a call from my security alarm company that there's a break in at my home and the police are headed there now.

I played one last hand for $250 and won, so I cashed out ahead and set out on the 2 hour drive home.
When I got there I was heart broken not because they took anything of high value, but that my loyal dog had run out after the crooks and probably saved my home from being robbed any further. The police of course said they could do nothing to help me find her and I drove around the neighborhood and sat up all night waiting for her to return home.

When I woke up the next morning I found her hiding under the deck and covered in dirt, I was never happier to have to give my dog a bath!
  • Jump to: