dave2118
dave2118
  • Threads: 3
February 12th, 2011 at 5:02:53 AM permalink
I'm a big fan of the Wizard's site, but I'm just curious, playing one betting unit at a time seems boring, do people play systems up to certain win/loss points?

I'm a fan of the 1-2-3-4 system, adding one betting unit per win and hope to write a program to see what would happen based on certain points.

I wasn't sure, based on the edge if people mathematically play one betting unit if it would be more fun just to learn Video Poker.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 12th, 2011 at 6:40:38 AM permalink
Quote: dave2118

I'm a big fan of the Wizard's site, but I'm just curious, playing one betting unit at a time seems boring, do people play systems up to certain win/loss points?

I'm a fan of the 1-2-3-4 system, adding one betting unit per win and hope to write a program to see what would happen based on certain points.

I wasn't sure, based on the edge if people mathematically play one betting unit if it would be more fun just to learn Video Poker.

People use all kinds of strategies, but we don't expect it to dent the house edge. The "advantage" of 1-2-3-4 is 4 losses in a row is 4 units but 4 wins in a row is 10 units. That and it forces more play with so-called "house money." This system's pitfall is until after win 3 you are not "taking" any money but rather recycling it back to the table. I have used it once or twice to avoid the flat-bet-boredom syndrome and will say it sometimnes extends play. That is about all, though.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: