DoubleGold
DoubleGold 
Joined: Jan 14, 2023
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 79
January 22nd, 2023 at 5:34:53 PM permalink
The following could be proprietary or open source to be used for gambling sessions, such as slots and table games, etc.

I envision showing an internal screen on the inside of the lenses while having image processing capability on the outside.

Similar to a hologram, but have the inside lenses of the glasses be the screen.

I don't want any visible attachments, for I'd like them to look like normal tinted eyeglasses, to avoid getting the boot.

The miniature micro controller and card can be elsewhere on my body.

In regards to the functions I would like to support include all statistics, charting, being able to post videos, downloading and uploading formats, storage, blue tooth, etc.


How could I invent the screen on the inside of the glasses and the camera for data input?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 3759
Thanks for this post from:
DoubleGold
January 22nd, 2023 at 6:33:39 PM permalink
Is Google Glass still a thing in 2022?
The company announced its brand-new prototype AR glasses in May 2022. Google Glass 2.0 comes with Google Translate built-in, promising to translate languages in real-time.

Casinos probably consider it cheating to use cheating glasses and they don't want filming in the casino without permission. I wouldn't bother with the project or the results.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold 
Joined: Jan 14, 2023
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 79
January 22nd, 2023 at 6:58:13 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Is Google Glass still a thing in 2022?
The company announced its brand-new prototype AR glasses in May 2022. Google Glass 2.0 comes with Google Translate built-in, promising to translate languages in real-time.

Casinos probably consider it cheating to use cheating glasses and they don't want filming in the casino without permission. I wouldn't bother with the project or the results.
link to original post



I think they quit production several years ago but are still developing them.

It could eliminate manual card counting but I was thinking more of slot machines.

Is card counting classified as cheating?

I don't think filming a slot session would be consider cheating or else all would prevent filming.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 3759
Thanks for this post from:
DoubleGold
January 22nd, 2023 at 8:43:37 PM permalink
Card counting and spreading of bets based on the count isn't cheating, but the casinos are on the watch for that behavior and ban people they notice doing it. Some jurisdictions just take countermeasures like shuffling the deck often with low penetration, or flat betting the person or the table at the minimum bet. I mean, a known card counter walks in and within 10 minutes the table has the same minimum and maximum bet of $15 or $25, it really puts the other players at the table off because of the card counter. Then there's the YouTuber card counter who films his every backoff and he becomes nationally known and gets backed off before he even buys chips at the table. Card counting may be profitable, but how long can you go before your luck runs out everywhere you can be?

YouTubers have been banned from casinos for using their mother's Player's Card and winning a slot jackpot in addition to filming their slot play without permission. The casino may not seem to care if you film your slot play until you get to the Elvira slot machine, then all bets are off and the security boot is in the player's butt.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold 
Joined: Jan 14, 2023
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 79
January 22nd, 2023 at 9:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Card counting and spreading of bets based on the count isn't cheating, but the casinos are on the watch for that behavior and ban people they notice doing it. Some jurisdictions just take countermeasures like shuffling the deck often with low penetration, or flat betting the person or the table at the minimum bet. I mean, a known card counter walks in and within 10 minutes the table has the same minimum and maximum bet of $15 or $25, it really puts the other players at the table off because of the card counter. Then there's the YouTuber card counter who films his every backoff and he becomes nationally known and gets backed off before he even buys chips at the table. Card counting may be profitable, but how long can you go before your luck runs out everywhere you can be?

YouTubers have been banned from casinos for using their mother's Player's Card and winning a slot jackpot in addition to filming their slot play without permission. The casino may not seem to care if you film your slot play until you get to the Elvira slot machine, then all bets are off and the security boot is in the player's butt.
link to original post



I didn't think it was cheating.

I don't know if having the additional data would make a difference in the casino's profit or not.

It would just be a more enjoyable experience and the data should be available anyway since they have the edge.

For example, horse racing.

Having the Daily Racing Form available, besides the paper or cell phone.

I think cheating implies changing the odds against the casino.

This wouldn't change the odds against the casino.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 3759
Thanks for this post from:
DoubleGold
January 22nd, 2023 at 9:17:23 PM permalink
The casinos are changing the odds against suspected card counters, to null and void, and they've been doing it for many years.
DoubleGold
DoubleGold 
Joined: Jan 14, 2023
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 79
January 22nd, 2023 at 9:25:27 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The casinos are changing the odds against suspected card counters, to null and void, and they've been doing it for many years.
link to original post



I mean, does card counting change the casino's odds?

The odds are constant, right?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 3759
January 22nd, 2023 at 10:10:28 PM permalink
Decks or shoes may become statistically more favorable to the house or the player as the number of remaining cards dwindle down. If the house were to shuffle up when the shoe became favorable to the player, the player would lose more and would fail to find winning streaks that are needed to catch up from all the previous losing hands. A player could be behind say 250 hands after many shoes and shuffling up early when the shoe favors the player may blunt winning streaks that would lower his losing streak to -200 hands. Continuous shuffle machines used at some BJ tables are a form of shuffling up early and blunting player winning streaks, and are usually avoided by card counters because the shoe is never really in their favor. Card counters increase their bets when the shoe is in their favor by their count, so they have to win fewer hands to make up for their previous losing streaks. So they could make up a 250 hand losing streak by betting 10X as much as normal and winning 25 hands in the last half of a heads up shoe that had a positive count and they were winning a vast majority of hands, hopefully by dealer busts.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3929
Thanks for this post from:
DoubleGold
January 23rd, 2023 at 1:37:41 AM permalink
Quote: DoubleGold

Quote: ChumpChange

The casinos are changing the odds against suspected card counters, to null and void, and they've been doing it for many years.
link to original post



I mean, does card counting change the casino's odds?

The odds are constant, right?
link to original post



No. The odds are not constant. In a game of dependent trials, like the way blackjack is commonly dealt, the odds vary from round to round until the cards are shuffled.

I remember when Google Glass came out the first time.
I recall a lot of signage posted declaring use of the devices on the gaming floor to be prohibited.

Computers intended to aid the player are considered illegal in many jurisdictions. Useful search terms for your further research include "Taft", "George", "David", "Thor", "Eudaemonic Pie", and - most particularly - "Murat Bliev".
May the cards fall in your favor.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 3759
Thanks for this post from:
DoubleGold
January 23rd, 2023 at 2:27:52 AM permalink
Just bring or memorize a Basic Black Jack Strategy Card. That's about the only help you'll be allowed at the tables. It might take a few hours to learn the basic strategy and it's easy to forget if you haven't thought about it in a few weeks. Counting cards like a card counter is not part of this training.

  • Jump to: