Thread Rating:

donutdude
donutdude
  • Threads: 1
August 23rd, 2021 at 7:25:19 AM permalink
I start betting $50 and go back to $50 after each loss. After a win I bet $47.50 which means I took $52.50. If I win again I pull $50. Which means my next bet is $45. If I win I pull $50 which means my next bet is $40. If I win again I pull $50 which means my next bet is $30. Using this method I can win $50 five times in a row wagering ever lower bets. Granted if I win 6 times in a row I've only got $10 bet, but how often do you win 6 hands in a row? In fact, I've even gotten to the point where I pull off a chip after a push (basically paying myself for a push). If I win one and lose one I'm not even, I'm up $2.50. Seems to work well at a choppy table
Thoughts?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 313
August 23rd, 2021 at 7:31:49 AM permalink
Quote: donutdude

Thoughts?

what about it, Chumpchange?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: ďThanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!Ē She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 57
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:27:28 AM permalink
I can't figure that strategy out, but I increase my bets on a win up to 7 to 9 wins in a row depending on the table max.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 207
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:32:15 AM permalink
The fact that you refer to this as a method , rather than a system, is important as everyone knows systems don't work.
Paying yourself for a push is interesting, but suppose you paid yourself for sitting out a hand.
If reducing your bet 10% somehow improves your long term success, wouldn't reducing it by 40% be better? 60%? 115%? I believe it was Ian Anderson who said "You won't lose 100% of the bets you don't make"
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 31
Thanks for this post from:
Wellbush
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:53:29 AM permalink
Quote: donutdude

I start betting $50 and go back to $50 after each loss. After a win I bet $47.50 which means I took $52.50. If I win again I pull $50. Which means my next bet is $45. If I win I pull $50 which means my next bet is $40. If I win again I pull $50 which means my next bet is $30. Using this method I can win $50 five times in a row wagering ever lower bets. Granted if I win 6 times in a row I've only got $10 bet, but how often do you win 6 hands in a row? In fact, I've even gotten to the point where I pull off a chip after a push (basically paying myself for a push). If I win one and lose one I'm not even, I'm up $2.50. Seems to work well at a choppy table
Thoughts?

Quote: ChumpChange

I can't figure that strategy out, but I increase my bets on a win up to 7 to 9 wins in a row depending on the table max.

It sounds like donutdude lowers his bet after a win. ChumpChange increases his bet after a win.

I tend to increase my bet after a win - I push into a winning streak. I don't increase my bet after every win, but I rarely decrease my bet after a win. While the times when you cut your bet after a big bet win, and then lose, will linger as memorable dodged that bullet victories, over all I've done better with increasing after a win. This implies that I tend to win at least three in a row more often than not after pressing.

Also, as long as I get at least one long streak often enough, the pressing into that one long streak generally carries me beyond the losses from the failed streaks.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 207
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:57:41 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

It sounds like donutdude lowers his bet after a win. ChumpChange increases his bet after a win.

I tend to increase my bet after a win - I push into a winning streak. While the times when you cut your bet after a big bet win, and then lose, will linger as memorable dodged that bullet victories, over all I've done better with increasing after a win. This implies that I tend to win at least three in a row more often than not.

Only three in a row?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
Wellbush
August 23rd, 2021 at 9:00:55 AM permalink
Three in a row - say initial bet 100, second bet 150, third bet 200. Need to win at least two in order to win anything, and three to wind up well ahead. But the way I look at it, on that third hand I will either end up 50 ahead or 450 ahead, so I am risking 200 to win 450. On the second hand I am risking 50 to win 250 - if I lose the second hand I wind up -50 if I win it, I am ahead +250.

I've also done really aggressive presses: 1000, 3000, 9000. But I have never gone beyond that to 27000 for the 4th win, at least not directly after that particular 3X per hand press. Looking back, I wish I had more often than not. But in any case, the point being - if pressing, need to win three in a row in order to be in the money.

Also note what I added above before you quoted:
As long as I get at least one long streak often enough, the pressing into that one long streak generally carries me beyond the losses from the failed streaks.

But if your strategy is to always lower your bet after a win, then you'll lose out on the mass dollars from the long streaks, even if you do save pennies from losses on the failed streaks.
Last edited by: MDawg on Aug 23, 2021
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Wellbush
August 23rd, 2021 at 9:03:32 AM permalink
If I'm betting $50 and progress my bet to $500 on the 9th bet, I'll just stay at $500 until I lose then go back to $50. I could win 5 more times at $500 before I lose (14 wins in a row) and I think I'd have $3750 when I lose on the 15th hand, that's with no splits, DD's, or BJ's, which would be unlikely. If I surrender, I quit the series and go back to the minimum bet.
MDawg
MDawg
Wellbush
August 23rd, 2021 at 9:05:38 AM permalink
But CChange, once you have won 9 in a row and assuming you have pressed all along the way, why cut? You're in the money no matter what. You can't anticipate when the streak will end, maybe it will go to 10, 11, 12...16, etc. If you don't take full advantage of that monster streak that comes along occasionally you'll have a hard time ever winning big.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
August 23rd, 2021 at 9:09:04 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Three in a row - say initial bet 100, second bet 150, third bet 200. Need to win at least three in order to wind up ahead.

My first four bets would be $100, $150, $150, $200. I'm even at +1 unit on the second win, same as if I flat betted. Keeping the 3rd bet the same allows this.

• Jump to: