NewtoTown
NewtoTown
  • Threads: 10
January 28th, 2020 at 3:21:14 PM permalink
1) When using Oscar's System in Blackjack, would it be best to pull the Blackjack profits aside as a bonus profit (even though a series has not completed)? Or, would it be better to factor the 50% extra win on the bet into the over losses one is chasing?

Let say I was at a 14 unit bet and won on a Blackjack so my payout was 21 units (14 x 1.5). Then let's say I was at a negative 18 (running unit loss) before the win, so if I include the 21 units and end the series, I end up with 21 less 18 for a net win of 3... versus take the 7 units from the BJ, and pretend I only won the 14 units bring my net loss to negative 4 (-4 derived from the running loss of 18 credited with the 14 unit win), then my next bet would be a 5, so if I win that 5 unit bet, I end the series at that point, and I will have a 1 unit win plus the 7 units from the BJ, versus had I taken the safer way, I would have ended with a 3 unit win and started a new series?

QUESTION:
My next question is, how long would I be likely be able to play using a $5,000 bankroll in BJ before giving it all back? Assuming not counting cards, would I likely get up $1,000 $3,000 double my money? Is there any way to calculate this? I have an unorthodox way to tell how long it takes till one gives back their winnings and bankroll, but curious what others think (especially if you know the math behind how to calculate how long, on average it takes to give a $5,000 bankroll back using Oscar's system as per above.

NEXT (regarding the use of Oscar's system in Craps and using it with 2x odds):

Hope this is not too much for one thread....

If I use Oscar's System for Craps, and take 2x odds for each bet, will I get a better result or just lose money faster?

Example: Bet 1 is for $10 and ten is the point. I put out 2x odds and lose for a net loss of $30. Next bet is the same... for a total running loss of $60, then I win a bet where ten is the point and make $30, so my running loss is now -$30. Next I increase to 2 units since my last bet just won, and in this case I place $20 and hit a 3, so lose my Pass bet for a new net running loss of $50, but then I put $20 out again (with double odds on a '5' point). It wins - so I get paid $20 for the P bet and $60 on the double odds ($40 x 1.5)... now I have an $80 win against a $50 running loss for a profit of $30, so I start over.

Anyone know how to calculate whether this will bust a $5,000 bankroll before I at least double it? And is this safer than playing without odds?
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
Thanked by
NewtoTown
January 29th, 2020 at 10:26:50 AM permalink
Quote: NewtoTown

1) When using Oscar's System in Blackjack, would it be best to pull the Blackjack profits aside as a bonus profit (even though a series has not completed)? Or, would it be better to factor the 50% extra win on the bet into the over losses one is chasing?

Let say I was at a 14 unit bet and won on a Blackjack so my payout was 21 units (14 x 1.5). Then let's say I was at a negative 18 (running unit loss) before the win, so if I include the 21 units and end the series, I end up with 21 less 18 for a net win of 3... versus take the 7 units from the BJ, and pretend I only won the 14 units bring my net loss to negative 4 (-4 derived from the running loss of 18 credited with the 14 unit win), then my next bet would be a 5, so if I win that 5 unit bet, I end the series at that point, and I will have a 1 unit win plus the 7 units from the BJ, versus had I taken the safer way, I would have ended with a 3 unit win and started a new series?

QUESTION:
My next question is, how long would I be likely be able to play using a $5,000 bankroll in BJ before giving it all back? Assuming not counting cards, would I likely get up $1,000 $3,000 double my money? Is there any way to calculate this? I have an unorthodox way to tell how long it takes till one gives back their winnings and bankroll, but curious what others think (especially if you know the math behind how to calculate how long, on average it takes to give a $5,000 bankroll back using Oscar's system as per above.

NEXT (regarding the use of Oscar's system in Craps and using it with 2x odds):

Hope this is not too much for one thread....

If I use Oscar's System for Craps, and take 2x odds for each bet, will I get a better result or just lose money faster?

Example: Bet 1 is for $10 and ten is the point. I put out 2x odds and lose for a net loss of $30. Next bet is the same... for a total running loss of $60, then I win a bet where ten is the point and make $30, so my running loss is now -$30. Next I increase to 2 units since my last bet just won, and in this case I place $20 and hit a 3, so lose my Pass bet for a new net running loss of $50, but then I put $20 out again (with double odds on a '5' point). It wins - so I get paid $20 for the P bet and $60 on the double odds ($40 x 1.5)... now I have an $80 win against a $50 running loss for a profit of $30, so I start over.

Anyone know how to calculate whether this will bust a $5,000 bankroll before I at least double it? And is this safer than playing without odds?

You bet $10 on the pass line and the point is 10. You play $20 in odds. You win. You win $10 on the pass line and $40 on your odds bet. You win a total of $50, NOT $30
NewtoTown
NewtoTown
January 29th, 2020 at 11:40:46 AM permalink
Thank you. I saw the typo after making the post. I don't think I can edit it now.
  • Jump to: