Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 188
  • Posts: 3979
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
March 15th, 2021 at 3:12:59 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Oh my dear God. I repeat, oh my dear God.
And to think a part of me actually took you
seriously. Oh my dear God.......




anybody who takes you seriously is doomed...............................

a life of darkness fueled by anecdotal recollections leading to fallacious reasoning and ideas


when you quoted me you left this part out - hate to be redundant but it's worth repeating:



all your big talk about the winners you've seen is anecdotal
you give words - no proof - because that's all you have - words - no substance - just typical gamblers babble
you'll never ever provide proof - not because you don't want to for some reason - because you can't -




*
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
BoSox
BoSox
Joined: Mar 9, 2021
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 228
March 15th, 2021 at 3:41:15 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Oh my dear God. I repeat, oh my dear God.
And to think a part of me actually took you
seriously. Oh my dear God.......



I know that I am the new guy here and that I would like to clarify my position on the issue itself of winning at baccarat.

What lilredrooster had to say I agree with all of it. This does not mean a person who can play the comp system perfectly can't gain the edge. No different than a video poker pro does with free play, cashback, and large comps using every trick in the book. In high-stakes baccarat, I believe an intelligent player can outwit a host where the game is actually played.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
March 15th, 2021 at 9:42:52 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

anybody who takes you seriously is doomed.............



I certainly hope so. That's rather the point.. lol
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
March 15th, 2021 at 11:14:08 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

anybody who takes you seriously is doomed...............................
a life of darkness



Not so! The man has 8000 candles. Let there be light!


Quote: BoSox


What lilredrooster had to say I agree with all of it. This does not mean a person who can play the comp system perfectly can't gain the edge. No different than a video poker pro does with free play, cashback, and large comps using every trick in the book. In high-stakes baccarat, I believe an intelligent player can outwit a host where the game is actually played.



I too agree with everything lilredrooster said. And while it Is possible that exploiting the comp system could gain Mdawg the edge, I would think that is more difficult at the level of play he is claiming, where the player and action is more closely monitored. BUT, more importantly, THAT is not what MDawg is claiming. He is claiming to win ALL his sessions.

I like to say that Mdawg's claim "defies the math". Others aren't so definitive and say things like "highly unlikely". (T)eliot put it at 3 standard deviations unlikely, I believe 600-1 against. But that is just for the claim of all the winning at baccarat . But then you add in all his other claims, every stock trade a winner, etc, and what this guy claims is nothing short of impossible.

For me one of those other claims that really calls into question his credibility is the statement I asked for a clarification about concerning first being banned and then unbanned for blackjack at numerous properties. I believe MDawg has in the past mentioned this ban was for card counting. I wanted to see him say that again, because once banned for card counting, players do not get "unbanned". That just doesn't happen. Yes, Occasionally, especially years ago, at the time of a backoff or ban, a player might be able to talk his way out of it.... very temporarily. But all that ever did was buy the player and extra session or two.

Now in today's world bannings are not something done lightly (well maybe at a few rinky dink places like El Cortez or South Point), but most legitimate casinos banning a player involves a computerized evaluation of play before banning a player, and you can bet that Is the case at the high end locations Mdawg is speaking of and at the level of play he is talking about. Once that decision is made, there Is no talking one's way out of a ban or getting a ban reversed.

The only way a top high end casino would consider revering a ban on a card counter, is if the player in question has a long track record of losing play at other games (like baccarat) that far exceeds any advantage he may have at blackjack. In such a scenario, they may be willing to look the other way as per the blackjack "ban". But again, that considerable losing record at baccarat play is not what MDawg is claiming, although it is what some of us suspect.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
March 15th, 2021 at 11:30:56 AM permalink
Now I am sure MDawg will be PMing Wizard, saying that the above post, is attacking him and/or calling him a liar (as he frequently does).

I want to pre-emptively state that I am not attacking nor calling him a liar. I AM stating that in my 18th year as a professional blackjack player, based on my experiences and the experiences of many other professional and serious players that I speak to privately and publicly, bannings of card counters are almost never reversed like he is claiming.

I also want to take this opportunity to again state that I and other AP's must be allowed to express our "opinion" as to the credibility of these claims. And this guy and his PMing management begging for people voicing those opinions based on expertise to be suspended has got to stop. He is in basically bullying management to protect him and his claims.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2785
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
March 15th, 2021 at 11:37:35 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj



I also want to take this opportunity to again state that I and other AP's must be allowed to express our "opinion" as to the credibility of these claims..


All well and good, but do you have to bleat about this 100 times or more? Each of you?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
Thanks for this post from:
rdw4potus
March 15th, 2021 at 11:57:11 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

All well and good, but do you have to bleat about this 100 times or more? Each of you?



Yes. If a member is going to CONTINUE to make the claims, we have a right to voice our opinion.

I am not referring to anyone specific here, but one of the troll tactics is to repeat over and over and over. The theory is that if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth (or accepted as truth). So what good does it do to say "no that is not the way it works" once or twice if the offender is going to repeat the claim 1000 times? If the person is going to repeatedly make these claims, we have a right to repeatedly say, no, that is not the way it works.
BoSox
BoSox
Joined: Mar 9, 2021
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 228
Thanks for this post from:
DeMango
March 15th, 2021 at 12:13:48 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Yes. If a member is going to CONTINUE to make the claims, we have a right to voice our opinion.

I am not referring to anyone specific here, but one of the troll tactics is to repeat over and over and over. The theory is that if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes truth (or accepted as truth). So what good does it do to say "no that is not the way it works" once or twice if the offender is going to repeat the claim 1000? If the person is going to repeatedly make these claims, we have a right to repeatedly say, no, that is not the way it works.



KewlJ, I disagree with you here. Did you ever stop and think that some individuals enjoy getting you agitated? Knowing ahead of time that they can get you all worked up, sort of playing you like a fiddle. To top it all off you get yourself suspended. What the hell good does that do? By just making your points in a diplomatic way is all that one can do and stop at that. Otherwise, you are not only giving encouragement to the opposition but, adding fuel to an already flaming fire.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
March 15th, 2021 at 12:24:58 PM permalink
Quote: BoSox

KewlJ, I disagree with you here. Did you ever stop and think that some individuals enjoy getting you agitated? Knowing ahead of time that they can get you all worked up, sort of playing you like a fiddle. To top it all off you get yourself suspended. What the hell good does that do? By just making your points in a diplomatic way is all that one can do and stop at that. Otherwise, you are not only giving encouragement to the opposition but, adding fuel to an already flaming fire.



I understand your point, BoSox, as well as Demango's that people get tired of the repetition, but that repetition goes both ways. This is not mine or your first go round with this kind of thing. We were both on a blackjack forum, where a guy made blackjack claims that couldn't be (super duper count and all). And each time, one of the legitimate players would so, no that isn't right, he would just post his claims 100 more times. The guy had 14,000 posts when no one else had 3000 at the time. He was like the energizer bunny....just kept repeating even after being debunked. Like I said, the thought process is repeat it enough and it becomes accepted as truth.

So painful as it is, these repeated claims have to be challenged and debunked frequently.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
March 15th, 2021 at 12:36:11 PM permalink
And, to be honest, BoSox, I do take these claims personally.

As a professional player, who works hard to play with an advantage and make a living, someone who endures the variance involved, in my case of card counting, long losing periods, the war with casinos over getting in playing times and rounds, and backoffs and barings, I and I hope other legitimate players, take offense at some yahoo (and again I am not speaking of anyone specific) that comes along claiming to win every session, every trip, no variance....just steady, constant winning with the blessing of the casinos.

THAT is just NOT the way it works and it is offensive to those of us that work hard at playing with an advantage and actually play the game within the game vs the casinos and casino industry.

  • Jump to: