Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
September 19th, 2013 at 9:38:29 PM permalink
Quote: mathblock

But the guy that designed this sytem said that he had 45 years of experience playing?

So what? I've known guys who have 45 years of life experience, and they're still epic failures.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
September 19th, 2013 at 11:01:35 PM permalink

The Maths ?
The dozen and column combined give an advantage of 20 / 37 but it depends on whether or not a red or black are equally likely to occur.And the Maths geeks keep telling us that that is true - IN THE LONG RUN ! So you will win in the long run !

This paragraph isn't math. I don't follow what it is saying, or what 'advantage' there seems to be, so I can't analyze the Math and see if there is a fault, or explain it.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mathblock
mathblock
  • Threads: 1
September 20th, 2013 at 7:22:51 AM permalink
The person that designed the system says he has been playing roulette on a weekly basis for 45 years and, unlike some, he does know what he is talking about.
For all too many of those years he believed the crap that we MUST lose in the Long Run. Ignore it !

Doesn't the math prove that it works?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
September 20th, 2013 at 7:26:45 AM permalink

The person that designed the system says he has been playing roulette on a weekly basis for 45 years and, unlike some, he does know what he is talking about.
For all too many of those years he believed the crap that we MUST lose in the Long Run. Ignore it !

Doesn't the math prove that it works?

If you're so sure that "he does know what he is talking about" and that you won't lose at roulette in the long run, then why are you so concerned about the math??
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 20th, 2013 at 7:29:09 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
mathblock
mathblock
September 20th, 2013 at 9:33:39 AM permalink
Doesn't joint probability prove that this system works?

The math posted proves that it does, right?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 20th, 2013 at 9:38:41 AM permalink

Doesn't joint probability prove that this system works?

The math posted proves that it does, right?

No. It doesn't. It can't. Just answer this question: How, on any single bet, does this system overcome the house edge? It doesn't. So how can the system overcome the house edge on a series of bets?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
mathblock
mathblock
September 21st, 2013 at 2:16:31 PM permalink
The system designer says that, "People like you who cannot understand the difference between a single event and a double event.
The probability of a single event such as one toss of a coin is 1 in 2, but the joint probability of two events-,two tosses of a coin- is 1/2 x 1/2 or 1/4, as anyone who bets "doubles" knows only too well."

The system designer says, "That most of your mere statements are the usual knee-jerk reactions - they KNOW ! One of them seems to think like you that a single event is enough to destroy my argument ! So why should I respond to fundamentalists like you who know "The Truth "without the need of reason ?
They, like you, should get real and understand that no one can tell with certainty the result of a future event which is, by it's very nature, uncertain. I freely admit I do not know the outcome- I guesstimate . You and your fellow "Certaintors " however claim certainty while Probability Maths claims only"EXPECTATION " !
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 21st, 2013 at 2:23:30 PM permalink

What is he talking about, might I ask ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 21st, 2013 at 2:24:01 PM permalink

The system designer says that, "People like you who cannot understand the difference between a single event and a double event.
The probability of a single event such as one toss of a coin is 1 in 2, but the joint probability of two events-,two tosses of a coin- is 1/2 x 1/2 or 1/4, as anyone who bets "doubles" knows only too well."

Nobody is questioning the probabilities. And you're very conveniently ignoring the payouts. If two tosses of a coin, an event where you're right 1/4 of the time, pays 3:1, you'll break even over time. If it pays 2:1, you'll lose big over time. Roulette is a game where every bet has a built-in house edge, and your system does absolutely nothing to eliminate that edge on any spin or series of spins.

This system is also far to simple to have a "designer." It's not like this is in any way new. Unless you're talking to a 200 year old person, you're talking to someone who is very falsely claiming to have "designed" this system.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: