Thread Rating:

teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
October 29th, 2018 at 9:48:48 AM permalink
I stayed at both the Ocean and Hard Rock AC on comps. At both places I was matched to their higher-level card.

Ocean was completely comped, no fees whatsover.

Hard Rock cost me ~$22.XX per night in taxes and fees and that could NOT be waived, nor could you use comp dollars on your card for it.

The rooms at Ocean were fine. Actually great.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
October 29th, 2018 at 10:53:38 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

I stayed at both the Ocean and Hard Rock AC on comps. At both places I was matched to their higher-level card.

Ocean was completely comped, no fees whatsover.

Hard Rock cost me ~$22.XX per night in taxes and fees and that could NOT be waived, nor could you use comp dollars on your card for it.

The rooms at Ocean were fine. Actually great.

I had the worst experience at Hard Rock.

I waited in the Rock Royalty line for over an hour to get my tier match. The woman kept going in the back for 10-15 minutes at a time to apparently check with her supervisor for something. This went on for 60 minutes. Everyone in the line was PISSED. One woman actually walked behind the counter and started screaming.

After I finally got my tier upgrade, I decided to use the free buffet that came with it. As soon as we got seated the manager came around and said we had 5 minutes before they were taking all the lunch food away.

0/10 not going back to hard rock unless they give me more free stuff
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
October 29th, 2018 at 11:33:00 AM permalink
New hires, short staffing, misunderstood memos can happen but there does come a point when enough isenough.

Vote with your feet... I'm sure they were sore after all that time on the line.

Everyone hates resort fees but no hotel will stop until all the others have stopped.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 25
October 29th, 2018 at 6:51:12 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Why single out Ocean ?

They all do it now. And $20 is on the cheap side.

Yep, just stayed at Golden Nugget on a Friday night for $159, the resort fees were more than the taxes and bumped the final tab up to $238!

Good thing I won over $300 over the course of my stay, but dang those resort fees eat up profits like nothing!

• Jump to: