7star4now
7star4now
  • Threads: 33
February 5th, 2015 at 8:08:42 PM permalink
"United Airlines was in regular negotiations with the Port Authority and the Christie administration during Samson’s tenure over issues that included expansion of the airline’s service to Atlantic City and the extension of the PATH train to Newark Liberty."..

"Federal prosecutors have demanded that the Port Authority turn over records related to the personal travel of the agency’s former chairman, David Samson, as well as his relationship with Newark Liberty International Airport’s largest carrier, United Airlines, according to multiple sources, a development that opens yet another line of inquiry in what has become a sprawling criminal investigation.The subpoena issued last month appears to be part of a probe into a flight route initiated by United while Samson was chairman of the transportation agency that operates the region’s airports. The route provided non-stop service between Newark and Columbia Metropolitan Airport in South Carolina — about 50 miles from a home where Samson often spent weekends with his wife. United halted the non-stop route on April 1 of last year, just three days after Samson resigned under a cloud..Samson referred to the twice-a-week route — with a flight leaving Newark on Thursday evenings and another returning on Monday mornings — as “the chairman’s flight,” one source said. Federal aviation records show that during the 19 months United offered the non-stop service, the 50-seat planes that flew the route were, on average, only about half full."

http://www.northjersey.com/news/federal-subpoena-seeks-travel-records-of-former-port-authority-chairman-david-samson-1.1265692
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 5th, 2015 at 11:23:22 PM permalink
Christie is an anal groove. NJ deserves
him.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 6th, 2015 at 4:10:40 AM permalink
I'm all for digging up the dirt on EVERY candidate, D or R. Let's not let current popularity get in the way of properly vetting each and every candidate for President.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 6th, 2015 at 5:42:44 AM permalink
Eh. Who cares? This feels political. Chris Christie has zero chance of ever winning the Republican nomination for president. He's too liberal.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 6th, 2015 at 6:24:20 AM permalink
New Jersey has a long history of dirty politics and corruption.
I dont think Christie is better or worse then previous NJ Governors.
I think Christie is playing the NJ political game as its always been played in the past, very dirty and corrupted.
Its just that in the age of the internet, the dirty politics and corruption is being exposed.
The times are changing because of the internet and many politicians dont realize that.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
February 6th, 2015 at 7:02:44 AM permalink
What about immunity for Christie if he can turn around AC in the next 2 years. Have him swap places with the Mayor of AC. Give Christie a percentage of the take and free reins to rejuvenate the whole City??
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
February 6th, 2015 at 7:50:18 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Eh. Who cares? This feels political. Chris Christie has zero chance of ever winning the Republican nomination for president. He's too liberal.

This is very true. No way somebody many conservatives could get behind. Plus, he has major image problems.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 6th, 2015 at 9:50:53 AM permalink
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/02/04/shameless-meet-7-congressmen-who-joined-lobbying-firms-less-than-a-month-after-leaving-office/

Until politics becomes interesting again the theft will continue. It does not matter which criminal party the candidates are chosen from, the results are the same.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
February 6th, 2015 at 10:04:40 AM permalink
I'm betting Chrisite will do time,before he ever holds another office.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/06/chris-christie-potential-federal-investigation-firing-new-jersey-prosecutor

And I read another article where they are investigating him for influencing a judge to throw out grand jury indictments against Christie supporters.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
February 6th, 2015 at 10:13:00 AM permalink
That is why money is paid in the first place, to buy favors. What is the big friggin deal. You guys act like people give real cash for no reason at all. It doesn't work that way in the real world.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 6th, 2015 at 10:38:45 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

I'm betting Chrisite will do time,before he ever holds another office.

Any odds? After all, as The Guardian makes clear in this case, the U.S. Attorney doesn't see anything illegal:
"Barlyn reached out last April to New Jersey US attorney Paul Fishman, whose office also is investigating apparently politically motivated George Washington Bridge traffic lane closures by Christie allies.
Fishman wrote back to Barlyn in June, according to a letter obtained by the Associated Press, saying: “It is not apparent on the face of your submission that there have been potential violations of federal criminal law warranting this Office’s review.” Fishman directed Barlyn to contact one of the office’s investigators “to further assess whether your allegations may implicate such statutes”.

That, combined with the painfully clear statement from the U.S. Attorney's office a few weeks ago on the end of the investigation of Christie's role in the George Washington Bridge traffic studies, cries out for significant odds in the face of unwarranted demonizing.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
February 6th, 2015 at 10:42:34 AM permalink
Seriously, there is nothing new here. One of the huge reasons it is all in the spotlight is Christie's appearance. He has done nothing more extreme or worse than any other Governor in NJ or most other surrounding states, do or did. His appearance (physical) is his real downside.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
February 6th, 2015 at 1:10:26 PM permalink
I for one could not care less what his physical attributes are, or are not. I do, however, care about abuse of office and power by politicians, and unfortunately, it is everywhere.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-administration-target-new-federal-criminal-probe-1806644

SanchoP, Read the article above, and then comment. I don't think this is old news. Story ran on Feb. 5

"Federal law enforcement officials have launched a criminal investigation of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and members of his administration, pursuing allegations the governor and his staff broke the law when they quashed grand jury indictments against Christie supporters, International Business Times has learned."

They are looking into WHY the attorney general of NJ threw out the grand jury indictments. Highly unusual move. And one of the jurors has said that the evidence that was presented was over whelming, that was why they indicted.
The article goes on to suggest that a lower level court has also helped to cover up these shenanigans.

If the influence and abuse has really gone this far, and it is completely plausible that it has, it won't be long before one of these officials rolls over to save their own skin.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
February 6th, 2015 at 1:20:35 PM permalink
Some get caught, the remainder do not. Ask Nixon, oopps, he past away, but he knows, perfect example.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
February 6th, 2015 at 1:21:29 PM permalink
His Iowa speech was demeaning and pompous towards conservatives, it actually really pissed me off. I don't see him doing anything in Iowa, and I think NH will veer towards Bush/Walker/Paul more. I'm fine with him being a popular governor if it means that NE can be a bit more conservative, but the party shouldn't accept him when you have Walker coming from a similar background and having more mainland appeal.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 6th, 2015 at 1:33:54 PM permalink

I for one could not care less what his physical attributes are, or are not. I do, however, care about abuse of office and power by politicians, and unfortunately, it is everywhere.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-administration-target-new-federal-criminal-probe-1806644
SanchoP, Read the article above, and then comment. I don't think this is old news. Story ran on Feb. 5
"Federal law enforcement officials have launched a criminal investigation of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and members of his administration, pursuing allegations the governor and his staff broke the law when they quashed grand jury indictments against Christie supporters, International Business Times has learned."

The article is precisely where the dismissal by the U.S. Attorney came from. The fact that it took the Hillary Clinton operative who runs the purely political site only five years to "learn" of a non-existent investigation is Sirota's problem. He could have just reprinted the long diatribe from The New York Times in 2013. Not much has changed since then as far as the legal facts.

They are looking into WHY the attorney general of NJ threw out the grand jury indictments. Highly unusual move. And one of the jurors has said that the evidence that was presented was over whelming, that was why they indicted.

Pretty slim reed to rest on.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 6th, 2015 at 3:52:42 PM permalink

So was Romney, he still got the nomination.
Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
February 9th, 2015 at 3:14:26 PM permalink
I am not a Christie fan but of all the possible candidates for governor he was the best choice. As a resident of The Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I can tell you that they all are addicted to tax and spend. Christie put the brakes on a lot of it.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
February 9th, 2015 at 3:22:26 PM permalink
Quote: Scan

I am not a Christie fan but of all the possible candidates for governor he was the best choice. As a resident of The Peoples Republic of New Jersey, I can tell you that they all are addicted to tax and spend. Christie put the brakes on a lot of it.

I remember having a house in North Jersey. Approx. value/market was $400-650k. Taxes right around $14k a year. South Florida, $1.6M on the water in Broward County tax right at $18 to 19k a year. Jersey and taxes almost as bad as Long Island!
thegov2k2
thegov2k2
  • Threads: 2
February 13th, 2015 at 10:11:03 AM permalink

He's not too liberal, just too much of a d-bag.
Frogger
Frogger
  • Threads: 14
February 14th, 2015 at 6:21:22 AM permalink
I thought Adelson was going to back him
  • Jump to: