sevencard2003
sevencard2003
  • Threads: 13
August 18th, 2013 at 9:49:27 AM permalink
guarantee u the stud would no longer exist, although i know they have $2-10 holdem. u sure that campground would allow someone to stay if they didnt have an RV or a vehicle of any kind? the real problem with stashing a sleeping bag is ud have to buy a new one constantly, once a week it will either get soaking wet or stolen. id like to have a way to find out about cheap rooming houses before id try to go
sevencard2003.blogspot.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
August 18th, 2013 at 12:06:00 PM permalink
Quote: sevencard2003

guarantee u the stud would no longer exist, although i know they have $2-10 holdem. u sure that campground would allow someone to stay if they didnt have an RV or a vehicle of any kind? the real problem with stashing a sleeping bag is ud have to buy a new one constantly, once a week it will either get soaking wet or stolen. id like to have a way to find out about cheap rooming houses before id try to go

I stayed in the campground in Cripple Creek with nothing but a sleeping bag and a tent. They have an area that's just for tents. Sleeping bags come with waterproof jackets these days. But if you want to waterproof something then spray it with Scotchguard, also found at Wal-Mart. You can even Scotchguard the sleeping bag. When you stash a sleeping bag you have to camouflage it real well. You use the bushes to do that. No one goes looking through bushes for anything. But every once and awhile you will get it ripped off. I only lost a few bags over 4 years.

Cheap rooming houses are hardly in existence anymore. Weekly hotels are about the best you can do. I stayed some in the weeklies on the west side of Colorado Springs. That area is called Old Town. The bus terminal for the day trippers up to Cripple Creek was just a few blocks away. You can catch the bus up in the morning then have several time choices for taking the bus back at night. Back then the bus cost $7 but you got it all back with coupons.

You need to buy a pocket notebook and start tracking your play. Log in the game, the number of hours you played in the session, what you won or lost, and use running totals to monitor your hourly rate. About a 200 hour sample space will give you a good idea of what you are worth in the game. That will tell you how much you can afford for rent. But you need to get that bankroll up to around $3000 before you start thinking about a weekly hotel. You are at $1682 now. A couple of months ago you were at just $700. So you are making progress. Keep plugging away at the $40 NL until you get there. Even when you get in a hotel don't throw the sleeping bag away. You need a contingency plan if you start running rough.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
August 18th, 2013 at 10:17:55 PM permalink
Mickey, I'd be interested in hearing you recount how you lived in the Laughlin hotels for a year for free.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
yourfriendjim
yourfriendjim
  • Threads: 0
March 22nd, 2014 at 9:48:26 PM permalink
Mickey;
From one old Buffalo to another, how are you Brother?
Yea I know, been a long time. Love to here from you.
You can reach me at elducatidude@gmail.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
March 22nd, 2014 at 10:36:16 PM permalink
Quote: yourfriendjim

Mickey;
From one old Buffalo to another, how are you Brother?
Yea I know, been a long time. Love to here from you.
You can reach me at elducatidude@gmail.com

Do I know you? I'm doing great.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
yourfriendjim
yourfriendjim
  • Threads: 0
March 23rd, 2014 at 2:46:30 AM permalink
Yep you do; Harv Hildre called us Buffalos
I met you in Valley Court in Juneau 1974-75
Then again in Washington State in 1990
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:21:09 AM permalink
Quote: yourfriendjim

Yep you do; Harv Hildre called us Buffalos
I met you in Valley Court in Juneau 1974-75
Then again in Washington State in 1990

Okay, I'll say it. You write like EvenBob. The information you cite is easily available from a Google search on "mickeycrimm." You joined yesterday, the same day that EvenBob was invited to leave by the Wizard.

Moderators? Can you check IPs? Mickey, can you verify?
Visit my YouTube Channel: @AdvancedAdvantagePlay
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 23rd, 2014 at 11:13:14 AM permalink
Quote: teliot

Okay, I'll say it. You write like EvenBob. The information you cite is easily available from a Google search on "mickeycrimm." You joined yesterday, the same day that EvenBob was invited to leave by the Wizard.

No IP match.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 23rd, 2014 at 11:21:56 AM permalink
Quote: teliot

aww did I miss drama somewhere?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 23rd, 2014 at 11:26:18 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

aww did I miss drama somewhere?

Not really. Bob feigned confusion about the new rules for the 1000th time. The Wiz suggested that an easy solution would be to leave.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: