Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 18th, 2019 at 5:24:55 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Pan fried in lard pork chop with pork rind breading

After paying for my Allopurinol, I ain't gonna be ingesting no pork 'cept that which Meals On Wheels brings me.

Bread? So many different types of concoctions all called 'bread'. Too confusing for my addled brain state.

I ate turkey flavored shoe leather and Picante sauce.'

Afternoon Addendum:
Defrosting some chicken burgers from the Food Bank. Will use Picante Sauce to hide the taste of them. Just rinsed my coffee maker out so I can mask the taste of chicken-fried shoe leather smothered in picante sauce.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Oct 18, 2019
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 18th, 2019 at 6:33:10 AM permalink
Bob could have a successful YouTube channel or blog, imo. Especially if he included stories about watching Lassie in the 50s and stuff like that.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 18th, 2019 at 10:00:55 AM permalink
Made my four cheese grilled cheese this morning. Sadly, I can't find good the bread around these parts so ended using some sort of potato bread.
Slice of mozzarella, one of pepper jack, a third of Swiss, topped with a generous portion of parmesan.
A generous amount of Country Crock and a dollop of sour cream cooked to golden brown perfection.
Simply Ambrosia.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
MaxPenCalderbeachbumbabs
October 18th, 2019 at 10:51:11 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

A generous amount of Country Crock

I just shuddered involuntarily. Please
don't eat that crap, get real butter
instead. Country Crock of Crap will
mess you up.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
beachbumbabsodiousgambit
October 18th, 2019 at 11:04:24 AM permalink

I just shuddered involuntarily. Please
don't eat that crap, get real butter
instead. Country Crock of Crap will
mess you up.

Bugs and wild animals won't even eat that stuff.😂
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 18th, 2019 at 11:14:56 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Made my four cheese grilled cheese this morning. Sadly, I can't find good the bread around these parts so ended using some sort of potato bread.
Slice of mozzarella, one of pepper jack, a third of Swiss, topped with a generous portion of parmesan.
A generous amount of Country Crock and a dollop of sour cream cooked to golden brown perfection.
Simply Ambrosia.

Use a light spread of mayo instead of margarine or butter. It fries up better and does not leave any mayo taste.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 18th, 2019 at 11:32:36 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Use a light spread of mayo instead of margarine or butter. It fries up better and does not leave any mayo taste.

OMG that sounds repulsive. Maybe just thinking that because regular mayo and cheese are a horrible combo, either fine without the other. I’ll take your word on no hint of mayo taste but difficult to believe. To me also having the buttery taste to the bread would be an important part of grilled cheese.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
October 18th, 2019 at 1:20:35 PM permalink

get real butter
instead.

Stars must be in alignment today because I agree with EvenBob.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
October 18th, 2019 at 3:48:06 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Bob could have a successful YouTube channel or blog, imo. Especially if he included stories about watching Lassie in the 50s and stuff like that.

The Archie Bunker of the keto pan roast.😀
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 18th, 2019 at 8:04:28 PM permalink
Pan fried pork chops on a bed of
cauliflower fried rice with a
horseradish sour cream sauce
on top.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
October 18th, 2019 at 10:53:31 PM permalink

I've tried it. It doesn't leave a mayo taste but it wasn't satisfying. I'm twenty plus miles from a supermarket so I have to make due with what's at hand. I usually use a butter/ olive oil mix but have to use what I have.
Two weeks ago, I had a 7-11 at the entrance to my complex for last minute necessities. Last night I stopped by the nearest conscience store/ gas station. $7.56 for a gallon of milk. It's $3.79 at Safeway.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 19th, 2019 at 2:22:42 AM permalink
I tried a new recipe a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at how good it was.

Preheat oven to 400°

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or thawed

1 cup mayo (not miracle whip - doesn't cook right)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Place the chicken, single layer and not touching, on aluminum foil over a baking sheet

Mix the rest in a bowl. Put it on the chicken breasts as if you're icing little cakes, not too thick, but completely covering the tops and sides.

If not eating 100% keto, sprinkle top lightly with panko crumbs or Ritz cracker crumbs. Which adds like, 1g carb, so do it anyway.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°. (Mine actually got to 180°, and was still moist and full of flavor.)

The mayo seals the chicken and the meat absorbs the spices. It comes out juicy, not greasy, and not tasting at all of mayonnaise. It gets a delicious crispy light crust from the crumbs. It was simply phenomenal, and one of the easiest things I've ever cooked.

It was also just as good cold the next day - I made the rest into chicken salad, so you should be able to make too much and use it all.

I swear, you will take a bite of this and go, OMG. But be sure to ice the chicken thoroughly or an oven that hot will dry it out.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
October 19th, 2019 at 6:33:36 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I tried a new recipe a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at how good it was.

Preheat oven to 400°

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or thawed

1 cup mayo (not miracle whip - doesn't cook right)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Place the chicken, single layer and not touching, on aluminum foil over a baking sheet

Mix the rest in a bowl. Put it on the chicken breasts as if you're icing little cakes, not too thick, but completely covering the tops and sides.

If not eating 100% keto, sprinkle top lightly with panko crumbs or Ritz cracker crumbs. Which adds like, 1g carb, so do it anyway.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°. (Mine actually got to 180°, and was still moist and full of flavor.)

The mayo seals the chicken and the meat absorbs the spices. It comes out juicy, not greasy, and not tasting at all of mayonnaise. It gets a delicious crispy light crust from the crumbs. It was simply phenomenal, and one of the easiest things I've ever cooked.

It was also just as good cold the next day - I made the rest into chicken salad, so you should be able to make too much and use it all.

I swear, you will take a bite of this and go, OMG. But be sure to ice the chicken thoroughly or an oven that hot will dry it out.

Maybe with different spices, but this same basic recipe also works really well with corn flakes for breading.

I’ve never ordered it, but I’ve also seen legitimately good restaurants use captain crunch as the breading.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 19th, 2019 at 7:30:42 AM permalink
MoW: Its a pouring rainstorm but they delivered my Saturday and Sunday meals as well as throwing in an extra banana for some added potassium.
I will TRY to eat just one meal today.
Those chicken burgers I pan-fried tasted like shoe leather with cumin and ginger.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 25th, 2019 at 11:07:38 AM permalink
McRibb is back.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
October 25th, 2019 at 11:27:32 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

McRibb is back.

I’m a fan of McDonalds food, and I tried it and thought it was pretty flavorless.

The girl at the window told me she didn’t like them either 😂
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 25th, 2019 at 11:57:35 AM permalink

I’m a fan of McDonalds food, and I tried it and thought it was pretty flavorless.

The girl at the window told me she didn’t like them either 😂

Maybe they extracted all the cancer causing ingredients tasty sauce and replaced it with a blander version.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
October 25th, 2019 at 12:48:14 PM permalink
While making my my four cheese grilled cheese, I mixed in a couple of dollop of smokey barbecue sauce. First sandwich had a bit too much and it overpowered the cheeses, but the second was near perfect.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 25th, 2019 at 2:43:33 PM permalink
It is food bank day at the county poorhouse. Indescribable junk with cheese and rotting bananas.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 26th, 2019 at 6:16:05 AM permalink
Had double bacon cheese ‘butterburger’ at Culver’s yesterday. Best fast food burger I’ve ever had. Wife said when I asked her.... Best burger she ever had! We are so compatible!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
RS
October 26th, 2019 at 8:13:10 AM permalink
I had peanut butter toast with garlic powder on it. I was drunk.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
October 26th, 2019 at 8:23:13 AM permalink
We have a retired pizzeria owner living nearby and every few weeks, he makes up a dozen or so crusts and the camp chips in to buy an assortment of toppings. They are surprisingly good, by far the best pizza available in Bisbee. The only problem is over the course of two hours, you end up eating a slice out of a dozen pies.
The only bar/ restaurant in miles has three tacos and a margaritas for $6 or unlimited of both for $20 tonite to kick off the Day of the Dead festivities. We have two designated drivers lined up.
Peeves
Peeves
  • Threads: 0
October 31st, 2019 at 2:02:24 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I had peanut butter toast with garlic powder on it. I was drunk.

yummy :D
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
October 31st, 2019 at 2:30:02 PM permalink
I had Peruvian chicken from a place called Peru Chicken. It was recommended by Rigendeux and was excellent.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 31st, 2019 at 2:37:45 PM permalink
I had ham bbq. Do people all over the country eat that? Isalys chipped chopped ham with home made bbq sauce. 1 cup of coke and 1 cup of ketchup. Mix the 3 ingredients together and voila.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
October 31st, 2019 at 3:08:33 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I had ham bbq. Do people all over the country eat that? Isalys chipped chopped ham with home made bbq sauce. 1 cup of coke and 1 cup of ketchup. Mix the 3 ingredients together and voila.

Never heard of it and I grew up close to you (Ohio).
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 1st, 2019 at 2:11:48 AM permalink
I ate some Chinese (I think?) meal a little while ago. It had egg rolls, chicken, and pork. Obviously there were some kinda noodles. I didn't like the lettuce crap though, that's bad news bears. It was called "Vermacelli" I think, so could'a been Italian.
GWAE
GWAE
November 1st, 2019 at 3:08:05 AM permalink

Never heard of it and I grew up close to you (Ohio).

I might be a very regional thing. Pittsburgh has so many little weird things like this. We seem to be our own little island at times.

It is chipped ham and bbq sauce mixed together. But the bbq sauce is not a thick sauce like you would buy in store. Put it on buns and voila. Great for parties and tailgating.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
November 1st, 2019 at 3:38:33 AM permalink
I'm supposed to remember?
I recall endless waves of sugar jags from these tiny little candy bars, peanut butter, celery, coffee.
Don't recall taking any of my dozen or so Rx'd pills.
Woke up in bed, fully dressed including shoes.
I guess I should have donated ALL the candy I bought to the trick or treat committee.
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
November 1st, 2019 at 8:10:32 AM permalink
How much chipped ham 2lbs or so to 1 cup ketchup & 1 cup coke?
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
billryan
billryan
November 1st, 2019 at 8:52:18 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I might be a very regional thing. Pittsburgh has so many little weird things like this. We seem to be our own little island at times.

It is chipped ham and bbq sauce mixed together. But the bbq sauce is not a thick sauce like you would buy in store. Put it on buns and voila. Great for parties and tailgating.

Of all the American cities I've visited, I think the Pittsburgh food fare is by far the most eclectic. Last thing I had, or tried to have, was a hero named after a certain Steelers QB. It was hideous.
GWAE
GWAE
November 1st, 2019 at 8:54:55 AM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

How much chipped ham 2lbs or so to 1 cup ketchup & 1 cup coke?

I usually do about 1.25 lbs. Leaves it a little wet, probably could stretch it to 2 lbs.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
November 4th, 2019 at 4:04:59 PM permalink
Can't remember if I posted this. Not keto but very healthy as desert goes. Tastes better than many deserts too.

In a coffee cup. Put orange segments. I usually just use one orange. Pour real honey on top. IDK how healthy real honey is, but fake honey is very bad. Put cinnamon on top.

All done. Don't injure yourselves attempting to lick the bottom of the cup.
DRich
DRich
November 4th, 2019 at 4:07:27 PM permalink

Can't remember if I posted this. Not keto but very healthy as desert goes. Tastes better than many deserts too.

In a coffee cup. Put orange segments. I usually just use one orange. Pour real honey on top. IDK how healthy real honey is, but fake honey is very bad. Put cinnamon on top.

All done. Don't injure yourselves attempting to lick the bottom of the cup.

Would probably be better with the fake orange candy slices.

MaxPen
MaxPen
November 4th, 2019 at 4:14:42 PM permalink

How many bags of those do you have in the pantry for the apocalypse?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
November 4th, 2019 at 4:54:22 PM permalink

The orange juice mixed with honey and cinnamon is crack cocaine.

I do like the fake orange slices but yes, this is much better.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
November 4th, 2019 at 5:03:41 PM permalink

The orange juice mixed with honey and cinnamon is crack cocaine.

I do like the fake orange slices but yes, this is much better.

That would probably be good with grapefruit too. I might forgo the cinnamon with the grapefruit but idk that might be good too.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 4th, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM permalink
Had the Popeyes chicken sandwich today. I mean it’s pretty good but nowhere near the hoopla, not unlike cfa in that manner. Maybe a small sample but the patty was huge, gotta be 25-30% bigger than cfa sandwich. At least I went in and only waited 10 minutes instead of waiting in the cfa style drive thru pile up.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
November 6th, 2019 at 10:28:59 AM permalink
Instant ramen, drain water, no packet, add curry powder.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
DRich
DRich
November 6th, 2019 at 10:41:18 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Instant ramen, drain water, no packet, add curry powder.

I like instant Ramen. Not many other things can you have a 20 cent meal. If you really want to treat yourself you can add Bacobits.

Amazingly my blood pressure has been down a lot. I am now averaging 180/115.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 6th, 2019 at 10:42:59 AM permalink

I like instant Ramen. Not many other things can you have a 20 cent meal. If you really want to treat yourself you can add Bacobits.

I was going out to an anesthesiology dinner last night..... I see wifey has made a packet of beef flavored ramen..... she adds a TON of black pepper to it...... Really good.....
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
November 6th, 2019 at 11:36:04 AM permalink
Ramen takes three minutes to boil some water, is there an even faster Ramen known as instant Ramen?
Given the ultra high sodium content do life insurance companies still pay off?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 14th, 2019 at 8:55:19 AM permalink
Pizza Rustica - Miami - South Beach

my pick for best pizza - deep dish - toppings piled high

Please don't feed the trolls
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 14th, 2019 at 10:02:34 AM permalink
I forgot how much I like grilled cheese. Two slices of extra sharp cheddar. Some ham. Two more slices of extra sharp cheddar. I used whole wheat bread. Butter on top and bottom. Frying pan with weight on top of sandwich. Turn. Fry some more until dark. I love the oozy feel and taste, broken by the salty taste of the ham.

Perhaps not the healthiest.....

By the way, in honor of Bob, I bought a can of sardines. Dumped it over a mixed green salad, onions, tomatoes. Finished with Italian dressing. Pretty good, but I'm not craving to do it again.
BigDad
BigDad
  • Threads: 2
November 14th, 2019 at 11:39:45 AM permalink
It was bad idea to visit this topic because I ate only once today and I'm so hungry now..
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 14th, 2019 at 3:16:12 PM permalink
Are French fries a vegetable?
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
MaxPen
November 14th, 2019 at 3:26:54 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Are French fries a vegetable?

Absolutely YES, in my book. Potatoes and corn are the only vegetables that I eat.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 19th, 2019 at 7:59:51 AM permalink
frozen dinners keep getting better and better
IMO Stouffers chicken parmesan and Stouffers lasagna are among the best

I recently nuked the chicken parmesan and it was kind of disappointing - the chicken was tough for one thing
2 days later I ate it again but this time I cooked it in my conventional oven per their directions and it was way, way better

of course one reason people buy them is to save time so many might not want to take the time the oven takes
but if you do you have a much better dinner
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 9th, 2019 at 7:51:02 AM permalink
love burgers - been experimenting with the best way to cook them
the difficulty: the outside is often cooked much more well done then the inside - solution coming

first I buy 93% lean ground beef - more expensive but worth it -
I cook in a mild oil - I use canola
I season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and A1 steak sauce

this is the key part: I smash the burger all the way down so, it's very, very flat - maybe not as aesthetic as the usual way but I don't care
this makes the inside cook almost the same as the outside

this takes time but I then slow cook it in the oven at 195 degrees for 45 minutes

this is the best tasting burger - for me anyway - it beats all the restaurant burgers that I've ever had
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
December 9th, 2019 at 9:56:10 AM permalink
I've noticed flight attendants now refer to garbage as "trash items."

What an odd phrase.

Does "trash" seem too abrasive? Like how people are afraid to say "died" and say "passed away?"

Trash is a lot less scary than death though
  • Jump to: