Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
May 10th, 2017 at 7:57:17 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

OMG, let's hope he isn't:

Rudy Giuliani has denied that he is a candidate to be the new, permanent FBI director, despite saying that he was scheduled for a meeting at the White House Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1fdc454a-f4af-3f2c-b792-5922b7740fe2/ss_rudy-giuliani-insists-he.ht

I think two guys Rudy fired might get the job. Either Bill Bratton or Ray Kelly. Trump trying to put a crony in their will simply speed up his downfall.

The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
RS
May 10th, 2017 at 8:01:20 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Because he failed to imprison her.

But if he imprisoned her, he would be unimprisoning Bill.
I am a robot.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 10th, 2017 at 8:50:05 PM permalink
One day after firing comey over russian link investigation trump meets privately with both russian ambassador and sergey kislyak. Doesnt mention kislyaks involvement. His presence at the meeting in white house comes from russian published photos

Hmmm
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/10/the-only-reason-we-know-about-trumps-meeting-with-a-key-figure/22080558/
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan 
May 10th, 2017 at 9:43:27 PM permalink
Meets up with Kissenger as well. Can't that man just die?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 11th, 2017 at 3:14:27 AM permalink
It's getting real bad real quick for Donald.

Last night, in a nutshell:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
  • Threads: 31
May 11th, 2017 at 5:58:52 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Last night, in a nutshell:

It is too depressing to witness what has happened to our nation under the dictatorial regime of the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump. I hope the following link to 16 cartoons reacting to Donald Trump’s firing of James Comey will alleviate some of our pain...

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-firing-fbi-director-comey-16-reactions-cartoons-illustrations-politics-7729536
May 11th, 2017 at 6:10:17 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Somehow Trump managed to fire Comey while simultaneously launching more suspicion about his own motives.

As a non-Trump fan, I consider it a win win. Didn't particularly care if Comey stayed on but not shedding any tears over his departure since I do think he had a unnecessary negative impact on the election.

https://lawfareblog.com/nightmare-scenario-trump-fires-comey-one-man-who-would-stand-him

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2017/05/11/trumps-youre-fired-message-to-comey-broke-this-basic-rule-of-management/?utm_term=.9402f3a6654b
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
May 11th, 2017 at 6:12:44 AM permalink

Nah. Just one party acts that way. The one that is in power now.

This "both sides" B.S. is just that: B.S.

Wow. If you truly believe that then you really should switch parties and become one of the gullibles. You fit the profile.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
ams288
ams288
May 11th, 2017 at 6:46:35 AM permalink
There are legitimate fears today that the Russians bugged the Oval Office yesterday during their secret-no-U.S.-media-allowed visit.

Please forgive me while I.....

LOL
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 11th, 2017 at 6:53:43 AM permalink

It's hard to take you seriously when this is basically all you've been saying since Trump started running for president.

Quote: steeldco

Wow. If you truly believe that then you really should switch parties and become one of the gullibles. You fit the profile.

Switch parties to become a gullible? Isn't he already a liberal? :-)
May 11th, 2017 at 6:55:06 AM permalink

There are legitimate fears today that the Russians bugged the Oval Office yesterday during their secret-no-U.S.-media-allowed visit.

LOL

It is not a laughing matter, our nation is in a deep crisis. But it is o.k. to laugh as a remedy to relieve our depression and stress perpetrated by the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump.
May 11th, 2017 at 6:57:45 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Jeff Sessions recommended firing the man leading an investigation he promised to keep his hands off of. An investigation he might be caught up in.
Now Jeff Sessions will select the man to lead the investigation he promised to keep his hands off of.
When did America join the League of Lesser Nations?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trumps-anger-and-impatience-prompted-him-to-fire-the-fbi-director/2017/05/10/d9642334-359c-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?utm_term=.efb7a431bc29

Here is an excerpt:

Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey and that the president acted only on his recommendation, said the person close to the White House, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
May 11th, 2017 at 7:07:33 AM permalink

LOL

http://gizmodo.com/did-a-russian-photographer-smuggle-a-surveillance-devic-1795113847

Someone on Twitter decided to ask former deputy CIA director David S. Cohen if it was “a good idea to let a Russian gov photographer & all their equipment into the Oval Office.” Cohen’s response was simply, “No, it was not.” The Washington Post attempted to follow up with Cohen but he declined. Several former intelligence operatives did talk to the Post anonymously and they all agreed this situation was a potential security lapse. (emphasis added)

Russian listening devices have previously been found in the U.S. embassy and the State Department. They’ve also managed to install keyloggers on U.S. diplomats’ typewriters and in one of the most hilariously devious incidents, schoolchildren presented the U.S. ambassador with a bugged wooden plaque. The device went undetected for seven years.

Did a Russian Photographer Smuggle a Surveillance Device Into the White House?

To quote SooPoo, our beloved Trumper: "We'll never know..."
steeldco
steeldco
May 11th, 2017 at 10:02:32 AM permalink
I just saw where Trump called Comey a "grandstander and showboat".....LOLOLOL.
Is there a better example of the proverbial pot calling the kettle black?
Geez............Trump is losing brain cells rapidly.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
ams288
ams288
May 11th, 2017 at 10:30:17 AM permalink
Trump just admitted that he called Comey and straight up asked if he was under investigation. And that he also asked Comey another time while they were having dinner together if he was under investigation, shortly after Comey stated his desire to stay on as FBI director.

I'm eagerly anticipating* the righties who were SOOOOOO upset about the Bill Clinton/Loretta Lynch tarmac meeting to condemn this blatant abuse of power. Surely the President calling the man investigating his campaign and asking for details is just as bad and Bill and Loretta talking about golf and grandkids on a plane?!?!

*Just kidding. I know they're massive hypocrites and that will never happen.
steeldco
steeldco
May 11th, 2017 at 12:29:06 PM permalink
As the number of Gullibles only takes small defections with Trump's lies and stupidity, and the remainder chooses to just continue to follow the orange skinned road, I would suggest a deportation of them to Syria. They will feel right at home with the extremist muslims and ISIS fighters. After all, they are the same type of mindless followers......

Da! Za zdorovje!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 11th, 2017 at 3:04:39 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

As the number of Gullibles only takes small defections with Trump's lies and stupidity, and the remainder chooses to just continue to follow the orange skinned road, I would suggest a deportation of them to Syria. They will feel right at home with the extremist muslims and ISIS fighters. After all, they are the same type of mindless followers......

Da! Za zdorovje!

For someone who is obviously as knowledgeable as you are in finance and overall, it's sad to see you so disrespectful of fellow Americans who don't see things as you do.
May 12th, 2017 at 5:58:28 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Sadly, I kind of agree with ams. I'm not a democrat, and they certainly are far from perfect... but I've said for the past 15 years or so "today's republican" isn't the same ideal as a republican I grew up knowing. When Bush got elected, and the dems didn't like it, did they shut down the damn government because of it? No. It really started to get ugly when Obama was elected to office. Today's republicans have shown their true colors more and more year after year. I'm talking about the Sarah Palin type of idiocy... The Donald Trump type of idiocy. These people are complete dipshits that wouldn't have gotten 2 steps without their names and/or money to follow them. That's the corrupt Oligarchy we apparently live in, which the republicans enjoy because it's centered all around their money, which they're obsessed with.

More and more as the years grow on the 1% have separated themselves further and further from the rest of us. CEOs wages have gone up like 20x in the last 20 years, while the average joes has only gone up like 2x to battle inflation. People blame the system being rigged, because the republicans are trying to do exactly that. F the poor, F the middle class who can pay for the poor, and let all the rich get all the breaks and make more money.

Hell, look at Romney. Guy released his tax returns (like all presidential candidates do) and he made like 42 million and only paid like 17% taxes from mostly capital gains, etc, etc, screwing the system with laws republicans and the "good 'ol boy" network put in place.

Sh*t, I'm not even getting started down the republican path of religion, and how they want the government out of our lives, EXCEPT when it has to do with a woman's body, etc, etc, etc. Then, then apparently the gov should be making healthcare choices for the poor woman who clearly can't live her life properly without a man to make her decisions.

Point and case, the republican party is a group of old timers that want to desperately cling to the "Mad Men" ways of the past where all the rich white men just got huge tax breaks, made all the money, drank and smacked every girl on the ass all day that they wanted to. They're a huge party of hypocrites that tries to fear monger constantly. Whether it's with religion, races, or "big government" taking your rights away (gun topic often referenced here), they use that FEAR as a lightening rod to reel in and scam easily gullible minds. So no, I'm not a democrat, but yes, I can't stand the mass majority of "today's republicans."

“A government based on individuals — who are inconsistent, fallible, and often prone to error — too easily leads to tyranny on the one extreme or anarchy on the other.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/12/reports-say-trump-sought-a-loyalty-pledge-from-comey-the-fbi-says-this-too-easily-leads-to-tyranny/?utm_term=.1ff3b3fdbbcb

The way the GOP and its sheep react to Russia's meddling in the USA 2016 election & internal affair has revealed that the GOP swear allegiance to their GOP instead of the USA.

The link above illustrates your point about the problem with the GOP: They pledge their loyalty to their party first, instead of America first. It is impossible to make America first/great when the GOP and its sheep put their own personal interest before the America interest.
ams288
ams288
May 12th, 2017 at 5:59:25 AM permalink
Quote: @realDonaldTrump

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

The President of the United States actually just tweeted this.

One of the highlights of this administration for me has been watching him absolutely embarrass himself and his supporters on a daily basis.
steeldco
steeldco
May 12th, 2017 at 6:48:44 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

For someone who is obviously as knowledgeable as you are in finance and overall, it's sad to see you so disrespectful of fellow Americans who don't see things as you do.

Boz, I'm sorry to have offended you. I really am. However, I just find this maddening. There are several characteristics that bad leaders share. One that I think is most easily identified is incessant lying. Trump incessantly lies and yet good people just accept his lying. Bad religious leaders incessantly lie to their followers, as do political and other types of bad leaders.

A well known statement is that "religion is the root of all evil". I don't believe that. I believe that blind followers, of any type, are actually the root of all evil.....................
billryan
billryan 
May 12th, 2017 at 9:55:17 AM permalink

One of the highlights of this administration for me has been watching him absolutely embarrass himself and his supporters on a daily basis.

I'd love to agree, but seeing our country embarrassed is rather disturbing.
May 12th, 2017 at 9:58:54 AM permalink

That tweet of the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump can be used as evidence for witness tampering & intimidation in impeachment proceeding if the GOP put America ahead of party loyalty.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/obstruction-of-justice-fbi.html?ribbon-ad-idx=7&rref=politics&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Politics&action=click&region=FixedRight&pgtype=article

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/politics/trump-threatens-retaliation-against-comey-warns-he-may-cancel-press-briefings.html?_r=0
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 12th, 2017 at 10:01:51 AM permalink

Intimidating a witness is 1000% illegal.
ams288
ams288
May 12th, 2017 at 10:35:59 AM permalink
CNN has sources saying Comey is not worried about there being "tapes." NBC has sources saying he hopes they come out, saying "That'd be perfect."

I have no doubt Comey would come off as the winner in that scenario...

I'm sure Donald talked about:

Crooked Hillary
His electoral college win
The glorious food they were eating
Whether or not he is being investigated by the FBI

I'm sure Comey:

Smiled and nodded while wondering how this insane man became President
billryan
billryan 
May 12th, 2017 at 12:21:26 PM permalink
Wow.
Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are ripping Trump to pieces on FOX. If Fox turns against him, can be continue?
billryan
billryan 
May 12th, 2017 at 12:52:12 PM permalink
Trump saves the US hundreds of millions of dollars with his extensive military knowledge

Describing a conversation with a naval officer, Trump boasted about his military acumen in telling the Navy what kind of catapults to use in its new Ford-class carriers:
You know the catapult is quite important. So I said, “What is this?” “Sir, this is our digital catapult system.” He said, “Well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology].” I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”
It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said — and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, “What system are you going to be?” “Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said, “No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.”

Sleep well, America. Trump is watching over you.
ams288
ams288
May 12th, 2017 at 12:53:27 PM permalink

Wow.
Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are ripping Trump to pieces on FOX. If Fox turns against him, can be continue?

Yes, he can.

When Breitbart and the KKK turns on him.... Then he's got a problem.
rxwine
rxwine
May 12th, 2017 at 1:32:46 PM permalink

Trump saves the US hundreds of millions of dollars with his extensive military knowledge

Since Trump has both shown the ability to act abruptly and also ignore the advice of even his own chosen experts, beware the day he decides he knows best and orders some unwise military action. Which he can authorize as we been through that several times before with other presidents. Presidents acted, congress complains about war powers declaration.

And he acts overconfident even when it's obvious he knows little to nothing. Oh, and he lies a lot. Add to that it looks like there will be evidence the guy likes to make scapegoats for his own mistakes. So, even his own staff will get stabbed in the back eventually, if they aren't careful and he needs to do it to save himself.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-05-11/trump-s-know-nothing-tour-de-force
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2017 at 8:21:36 PM permalink
I think strategically, the Democrats wouldn't want Trump impeached, too much time to have Pence become likeable and re-elected. I think it's handing Republicans the White House for another four years. I can't imagine Trump being re-elected, but can see Pence. Hope for democracy's sake Hillary doesn't seek another shot. Bernie Sanders would have been president if not for the elitists maneuvers, which provided the weapons to bar Hillary.
I am a robot.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
May 13th, 2017 at 1:04:05 AM permalink

Yes, he can.

When Breitbart and the KKK turns on him.... Then he's got a problem.

That was kinda funny.

But more importantly, If Max and RS turn on him, then I know he's done.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
OnceDear
May 13th, 2017 at 5:37:54 AM permalink

That was kinda funny.

But more importantly, If Max and RS turn on him, then I know he's done.

I'd like to think both of them can see how damaging Trump is to the conservative tenets they hold most dear. Rule of law, American patriotism, and truth itself are all severely damaged, not just threatened, after the events of this week. Not just the self-serving firing of Comey, but the facts testified to by Yates and Clapper, the potential impact of the EO's signed this week, and the undercutting of his own staff and VP in the Holt interview.

IANAL, but I think some of what Trump said in the Holt interview will be used to prove obstruction of justice, which will be Article I in impeachment procedings that seem all but inevitable.

He has been the epitome of "sound and fury, signifying nothing" with all his EO's, which do not have the force of law. They only demonstrate his profound ignorance on the American process of 3 separate but equal branches of government.

He's leading no one. He's so desperate for a win that he spiked the football on the 50 yard line on health care, and has not accomplished one other thing legislatively. In fact, he has been detrimental to the steamroller of Conservative legislation Congress had hoped to accomplish, with single-party rule.

Wild and undisciplined statements and insane amounts of deflection from the Conservative agenda have fragmented their coalition rather than provided the cover for them to move forward quietly while Trump hogged the oxygen and air time. Yes, dozens of what I would call detrimental bills have been dropped (introduced) , but all are stalled. If they had the support Republicans had hoped for, they would already be law.

Republicans and conservatives, it's time to put country above party. The guy is a traitor and a madman, and he's proved both after less than 4 months in office. A man who will throw his own VP, Press Secretary, and Communication staff under the bus in his own scramble to protect himself is not there for you either. He's there for his family and his business interests, not for you or America.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
steeldco
steeldco
Thanked by
OnceDear
May 13th, 2017 at 8:05:54 AM permalink
This from the New York Post yesterday.....

"The lawyers who drafted a letter for President Trump declaring that he no significant financial ties to Russia work for a company that received an award for “Russia Law Firm of the Year” in 2016."

The following found at the law firm's website confirming the NY Post story....

"MOSCOW, May 2, 2016: Morgan Lewis has been recognized by Chambers & Partners’ 2016 Chambers Europe guide as Russia Law Firm of the Year. The prestigious honor was announced at the publication’s recent annual awards dinner in London, where firms from 24 countries were recognized. "

Are you F-ing kidding me? Trump is dumb as a box of rocks...........
ams288
ams288
May 13th, 2017 at 2:00:00 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I think strategically, the Democrats wouldn't want Trump impeached, too much time to have Pence become likeable and re-elected.

Most of the "conspiracy theorists" on the left seem to think Pence would be impeached too.

But I agree, the worst thing for Dems would be for Donald to be impeached quickly. Let's drag this sucker out and highlight the complicity of 99% of the GOP.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
May 13th, 2017 at 2:14:33 PM permalink

Most of the "conspiracy theorists" on the left seem to think Pence would be impeached too.

But I agree, the worst thing for Dems would be for Donald to be impeached quickly. Let's drag this sucker out and highlight the complicity of 99% of the GOP.

Gotta agree with ams. If DJT is gone early then Pence will have time to truly cause harm. DJT is reigned in by the slim margin his party has, but I think Pence would be more free to get extreme right wing things passed through Congress because he at least is a 'regular' politician. I am surprised the LGTBQ, members of the forum are not truly afraid of Pence, more so than a handcuffed Trump. I essentially abstained this presidential election given my two choices (I voted for myself), but if it was Pence and Clinton could I have voted for HRC?
rxwine
rxwine
May 13th, 2017 at 2:50:50 PM permalink

Being as Pence doesn't really appear clueless or an idiot, the risk of being the guy who has willingly made an excuse for every Trump action no matter how absurd could haunt him at some point.

I think Pence has tried to give a rational explanation for virtually everything except the genital grabbing incident. Other than that, he completely sold his integrity to Trump.

He must have taken the loyalty pledge.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
May 13th, 2017 at 3:45:00 PM permalink
I don't see Pence being impeached. It has been pretty clear that he has been lied to by everyone else, and appears to be out of the loop on any potential shady business.

Now, what would be interesting is if Pence resigned in disgust, or if in preparation for, or as a condition for agreeing to impeach and remove trump, the Republicans ask him to resign to put in someone more Republicans would be comfortable with, then we could have another unelected president like Ford.
billryan
billryan 
May 13th, 2017 at 5:17:15 PM permalink
If Trump is impeached for collusion, Pence has to go as well. If Trump is impeached for Obstruction, Pence gets to stay.
Pick your poison.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 13th, 2017 at 5:31:47 PM permalink

If Trump is impeached for collusion, Pence has to go as well. If Trump is impeached for Obstruction, Pence gets to stay.
Pick your poison.

I'd actually take Paul Ryan over the two of them. I think he's incompetent, but not treasonous.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 13th, 2017 at 6:15:34 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Gotta agree with ams. If DJT is gone early then Pence will have time to truly cause harm. DJT is reigned in by the slim margin his party has, but I think Pence would be more free to get extreme right wing things passed through Congress because he at least is a 'regular' politician. I am surprised the LGTBQ, members of the forum are not truly afraid of Pence, more so than a handcuffed Trump. I essentially abstained this presidential election given my two choices (I voted for myself), but if it was Pence and Clinton could I have voted for HRC?

I'm not LGTBQ, but I'm more afraid of Pence than Trump. Pence wants a theocracy; he's a True Believer in his narrow biblical code. He's also been told to go along with whatever Trump spouts, in order to retain the Trumpist crowd once Trump is impeached.

However, the Republicans are finding it even harder than they thought to carry out their agenda while Trump hogs the oxygen and air time (repeat, sorry, but must be considered). They expect to impeach him once they shove their agenda through, and have planned on it since election night.

But his damage to the Republicans is so great that they're expecting now to lose both houses in the mid-terms. Polling has "any Democrat" beating "any Republican" by 6 to 20% in more than 50 Republican districts and 8 Republican Senate seats. (Heard that this week, but do not know whose poll). Those findings are also reflected in the many disrupted and contentious town halls they've held recently, and the calls, faxes, emails their staffs are logging.

So they're kind of in panic mode. They only have a few months before their election season starts, and a lot of that is in recess (Memorial week, 4th July week, all of August, several fall breaks), so they have to move really fast (for Congress) to pass their agenda.

But Pence. <shudder> As someone said above, they both have to go.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
May 13th, 2017 at 6:43:33 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Republicans and conservatives, it's time to put country above party. The guy is a traitor and a madman, and he's proved both after less than 4 months in office. A man who will throw his own VP, Press Secretary, and Communication staff under the bus in his own scramble to protect himself is not there for you either. He's there for his family and his business interests, not for you or America.

Unfortunately, I agree 100 %. Wack job, bigly.

And in a related note:

Vice Chair of Donald Trump's voter fraud commission has been successfully sued four times for voter suppression

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vice-chair-donald-trump-apos-132948682.html
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
billryan
billryan 
May 13th, 2017 at 6:59:45 PM permalink
It will be very hard for Democrats to win the Senate in 2018,if only because of the people up for re-election. Only a third of the seats are up, and most of them seem solid republican. The House is wide open.
I don't think Pence is a traitor. I think he loves our country, but has a very different idea of what is best for it.
I don't think Trump is a traitor, either, just a very useful idiot.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
May 13th, 2017 at 7:00:30 PM permalink

I'd like to think both of them can see how damaging Trump is to the conservative tenets they hold most dear. Rule of law, American patriotism, and truth itself are all severely damaged, not just threatened, after the events of this week. Not just the self-serving firing of Comey, but the facts testified to by Yates and Clapper, the potential impact of the EO's signed this week, and the undercutting of his own staff and VP in the Holt interview.

IANAL, but I think some of what Trump said in the Holt interview will be used to prove obstruction of justice, which will be Article I in impeachment procedings that seem all but inevitable.

He has been the epitome of "sound and fury, signifying nothing" with all his EO's, which do not have the force of law. They only demonstrate his profound ignorance on the American process of 3 separate but equal branches of government.

He's leading no one. He's so desperate for a win that he spiked the football on the 50 yard line on health care, and has not accomplished one other thing legislatively. In fact, he has been detrimental to the steamroller of Conservative legislation Congress had hoped to accomplish, with single-party rule.

Wild and undisciplined statements and insane amounts of deflection from the Conservative agenda have fragmented their coalition rather than provided the cover for them to move forward quietly while Trump hogged the oxygen and air time. Yes, dozens of what I would call detrimental bills have been dropped (introduced) , but all are stalled. If they had the support Republicans had hoped for, they would already be law.

If you think I'm going to read all that nonsense, especially from female smarty pants Trump hater who loves the.... Pushover, C**T, racist, lesbian, whore, scam artist, puppet, loser Hillary ....I'M NOT.

Tails from a handmaiden = the way it should be.

p.s. I love OnceDear, but he's such a suck up.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rxwine
rxwine
May 13th, 2017 at 7:01:22 PM permalink

But Pence. <shudder> As someone said above, they both have to go.

I must be the only person to the left who thinks Trump's wacko nutjob persona is worse than ending up with Pence.

Believe me, I don't want Pence either.

I don't understand why he has to go if Trump is impeached, unless he is found to have participated in some way.

Pretty sure Gore would have stayed on if Bill Clinton left office early.
billryan
billryan 
May 13th, 2017 at 7:03:47 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I must be the only person to the left who thinks Trump's wacko nutjob persona is worse than ending up with Pence.

Believe me, I don't want Pence either.

I don't understand why he has to go if Trump is impeached, unless he is found to have participated in some way.

Pretty sure Gore would have stayed on if Bill Clinton left office early.

If it is shown that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to win the election, how does anyone connected to the campaign stay?
That's still an IF.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 13th, 2017 at 7:10:49 PM permalink

If you think I'm going to read all that nonsense, especially from female smarty pants Trump hater who loves the.... Pushover, C**T, racist, lesbian, whore, scam artist, puppet, loser Hillary ....I'M NOT.

Tails from a handmaiden = the way it should be.

p.s. I love OnceDear, but he's such a suck up.

Well. That's put me in my place, right enough.

Is that your 10th drink talking for you, or your 12th?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
May 13th, 2017 at 7:16:36 PM permalink

Is that your 10th drink talking for you, or your 12th?

If that's all you got....
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 13th, 2017 at 7:27:57 PM permalink
Politicians like pence and sessions cannot last much longer outside of the Bible Belt. Two examples....

Pence wants to end gay marriage and use govt funds for conversion camps. Even among the fairly conservative landscape here in PA, there's exceedingly few republicans I've come across who are not for LGBT rights. "Let the state's decide" is not going to be a safe answer for republicans much longer.

Sessions wants to double down on the War on Drugs, literally one of the most expensive monumental failures of big govt. This is even more unpopular among republicans I've spoken with.

A large portion of republican voters do not give a rats ass about the "sanctity of marriage" or a few people smoking the devil's lettuce. They just want a smaller, more efficient government with less taxation. Dictating who can wed who and spending trillions on prohibition is literally the opposite of the small and efficient government.

If you were a republican 10,20,30+ years ago, and haven't changed your views much since, you'll now find yourself way left of center on many issues.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 13th, 2017 at 7:37:27 PM permalink
I thought all of Pence's "gay conversion camp therapy" stuff was all misquoted baloney....has something new come up about this?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 13th, 2017 at 7:48:53 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I thought all of Pence's "gay conversion camp therapy" stuff was all misquoted baloney....has something new come up about this?

I'll be completely fair and say it's open for interpretation, and that the statement was made nearly 20 yrs ago on Pence's campaign website. Knowing that, here is the exact quote, and you can make your own decision:

"Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

The Ryan White care act is a govt program funding HIV/AIDS treatment to low income and underinsured individuals.

Considering Pence's "Christian First, Politican Second" attitude when it comes to lawmaking, I firmly believe he is on the extreme side of limiting LGBT rights with taxpayer dollars.
Last edited by: gamerfreak on May 13, 2017
billryan
billryan 
May 13th, 2017 at 8:39:56 PM permalink

If that's all you got....

It's five O'clock somewhere.....
  • Jump to: