Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 7th, 2017 at 8:57:26 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Two Syrian jets just took off from the Syrian airfield the U.S. thought it had destroyed.

Oops.

The airfield wasn't destroyed, far from it. No runways
were hit as far as I can tell and planes that were not
in hangers were not even targeted.

Go to the 2 min point in this video for exactly what
was hit by each missile. It's remarkable the accuracy
they can achieve from hundreds of miles away. Almost
pinpoint.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 7th, 2017 at 8:58:41 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

How many dead Russians at the air base would have satisfied you? We need to know the next raid.

All of them would be a decent beginning. A good Red is a Dead Red.
That $75 million could have been used to restore our own battlefields, not to create new ones.
To quote the worlds leading authority on the Middle East- " Save your powder"

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!
6:20 AM - 5 Sep 2013
74,671 Retweets
52,529 likes
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 7th, 2017 at 9:56:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That $75 million could have been used to restore our own battlefields,

Then again, Trump saved some jobs because all
those missiles have to be replaced by new ones
and Ratheon is a very old American company
that is delighted to get the new contract. Their
stock shot up today. The 60's were so prosperous
because of all the defense jobs the Vietnam war
created.

"The Raytheon Company is a major U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. ... As of 2015 , it is the third largest defense contractor in the United States by defense revenue."
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 7th, 2017 at 10:17:27 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Then again, Trump saved some jobs because all
those missiles have to be replaced by new ones
and Ratheon is a very old American company
that is delighted to get the new contract. Their
stock shot up today. The 60's were so prosperous
because of all the defense jobs the Vietnam war
created.

"The Raytheon Company is a major U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. ... As of 2015 , it is the third largest defense contractor in the United States by defense revenue."

Exactly the same reason Bush/Cheney conspired to cause 9/11.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 7th, 2017 at 10:54:30 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Exactly the same reason Bush/Cheney conspired to cause 9/11.

And Kennedy/Johnson ramped up Vietnam. And
why Roosevelt knew the Japs were attacking
Pearl and did nothing to stop it. Got us out
of the Depression. Fantasies all.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 7th, 2017 at 11:02:54 PM permalink

I guess the job reports are fake again.
96,000 jobs added last month. What happened to the jobs, jobs, jobs?

US manufacturing jobs are at an 8 year high.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/12392000-us-manufacturing-jobs-reach-highest-level-8-years

Sorry you hate winning
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 7th, 2017 at 11:26:48 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

US manufacturing jobs are at an 8 year high.

Yes. You can't single out a month, it doesn't work
that way. Feb was warm and jobs reflected it. March
was exceedingly cold and killed construction jobs.
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 7th, 2017 at 11:26:59 PM permalink
Trump's real reason for bombing the Syrian airfield might be to out all the traitors in the CIA feeding him bogus info. He surely knows large segments of the intelligence agencies are compromised. He needs a way to expose them and be able to strike a decisive blow to the shadow government.

Intelligence leading up to a strike like this comes from specific analytical divisions. Notice of a strike like this is fast tracked and all channels are traceable afterwards.

This could provide an awkwardly embarrassing moment where President Trump could announce that the gas attack was a false flag and the traitors could then be outed. Brennan et. al.

The perpetrators are removed and some arrested for leaking state secrets. Sort of a bloodless coup that removes the Deep State in a single strike.

This is a possibility in my opinion.

Russia notified beforehand and airfield abandoned. Globalist's disarmed and traitors publicly outed in one fell swoop. Maybe Assad is in on it. Think about it. Things like this are rarely what they appear. Trump is a 4D chess player.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 8th, 2017 at 12:27:27 AM permalink

Yes. You can't single out a month, it doesn't work
that way. Feb was warm and jobs reflected it. March
was exceedingly cold and killed construction jobs.

March was cold? And in March, a house 10 yards from where I live began construction. And they love to make the most noise from 6:30 to 9am, that sucks more than I ever could imagine.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 8th, 2017 at 12:30:55 AM permalink

Trump's real reason for bombing the Syrian airfield might be

And the real reason might be that somebody
had to and nobody was. They were using
gas for the last 7 years Obama was in office
and Obama did nothing. Even the Nazi's,
the most horrible people of all time, never
stooped to using weaponized gas on their
enemies. Assad was using it on women and
babies.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 8th, 2017 at 12:45:19 AM permalink
Well, it's official. MsNBC has lost it's mind.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 8th, 2017 at 1:05:18 AM permalink

Even the Nazi's,
the most horrible people of all time, never
stooped to using weaponized gas on their
enemies. Assad was using it on women and
babies.

Guess it depends on who you call enemies.

Nazi's herded people into gas chambers. Last I checked there were quite a few women and children.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 8th, 2017 at 2:48:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Nazi's herded people into gas chambers.

Gee, we have gas chambers too. What does that
make us. You do know there is a slight difference
between gas used to kill people in a confined
environment, and weaponized gas used to kill
people as WMD's. That's why weaponized gas
was made illegal in war after WWI, it's a heinous
way for people to die.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
April 8th, 2017 at 3:29:34 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

What exactly were the Democrat's options here? Don't fillibuster, allowing the judge to be voted in with the same number of votes as he was, so they can retain the right to fillibuster later, when the same simple majority can take away their right to fillibuster then?

This is an easy one. Since by all objective standards Gorsuch was a qualified candidate, how about the Democrats just vote him in? The not getting 60 votes is basically the Democrats just not wanting to vote for a man because he was nominated by Donald J Trump. It has nothing to do with his qualifications. And everyone knows it.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
April 8th, 2017 at 8:17:12 AM permalink

Trump doesn't want to share his plans in advance with the American people, but gives the Russians a courtesy heads up. Guess that says a lot about who he really works for.

Trump told the Canadian government about the airstrikes in advance, too. Does that mean he's also a Canadian puppet?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 296
April 8th, 2017 at 10:29:55 AM permalink

Trump's real reason for bombing the Syrian airfield might be to out all the traitors in the CIA feeding him bogus info. He surely knows large segments of the intelligence agencies are compromised. He needs a way to expose them and be able to strike a decisive blow to the shadow government.

Intelligence leading up to a strike like this comes from specific analytical divisions. Notice of a strike like this is fast tracked and all channels are traceable afterwards.

This could provide an awkwardly embarrassing moment where President Trump could announce that the gas attack was a false flag and the traitors could then be outed. Brennan et. al.

The perpetrators are removed and some arrested for leaking state secrets. Sort of a bloodless coup that removes the Deep State in a single strike.

This is a possibility in my opinion.

Russia notified beforehand and airfield abandoned. Globalist's disarmed and traitors publicly outed in one fell swoop. Maybe Assad is in on it. Think about it. Things like this are rarely what they appear. Trump is a 4D chess player.

And which part of that plan makes you think trump would come out in a positive light?

If trump did collude with russia and possibly assad to do an airstrike to out cia leakers ie colluding with foreign power to out american citizens working in classified agencies that is the very definition of treasonable acts

If your wish was granted trump would be further on his way to impeachment and jail
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 8th, 2017 at 10:53:08 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

March was cold? And in March, a house 10 yards from where I live began construction. And they love to make the most noise from 6:30 to 9am, that sucks more than I ever could imagine.

Significant snowstorms and even blizzards affected major employment centers.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 8th, 2017 at 11:59:31 AM permalink

Trump doesn't want to share his plans in advance with the American people, but gives the Russians a courtesy heads up. Guess that says a lot about who he really works for.

So he should have just blown up Russian planes? Seems some of the far fringe left will never approve of anything Trump does. When those on the far right did the same thing with Obama, they were called Racist. What should we call these new fanatics on the left?
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 8th, 2017 at 12:02:15 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And which part of that plan makes you think trump would come out in a positive light?

If trump did collude with russia and possibly assad to do an airstrike to out cia leakers ie colluding with foreign power to out american citizens working in classified agencies that is the very definition of treasonable acts

If your wish was granted trump would be further on his way to impeachment and jail

Trump is good at letting people dig their own graves. This takes no collusion on his part.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 8th, 2017 at 12:05:31 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Trump told the Canadian government about the airstrikes in advance, too. Does that mean he's also a Canadian puppet?

MsnbC's madness is catching on:

MSNBC Host’s Conspiracy Theory: What if Putin Planned the Syrian Chemical Attack to Help Trump?

This is called Paranoid Schizophrenia and it's
taken over the Left wing media. They lock people
up for this, when they see conspiracies all around
them without a shred of evidence. Even Hillary
is out there saying she lost the election because
of misogyny and Russia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/08/msnbc-hosts-conspiracy-theory-what-if-putin-planned-the-syrian-chemical-attack-to-help-trump/?utm_term=.0932f8b729e7
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 8th, 2017 at 12:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is an easy one. Since by all objective standards Gorsuch was a qualified candidate, how about the Democrats just vote him in? The not getting 60 votes is basically the Democrats just not wanting to vote for a man because he was nominated by Donald J Trump. It has nothing to do with his qualifications. And everyone knows it.

Republicans should have made a similar argument for Garland then.

“I think the world of Merrick Garland,” Gorsuch said. “I think he’s an outstanding judge.”
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 8th, 2017 at 12:30:36 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Seems some of the far fringe left will never approve of anything Trump does.

I completely approve of this response. It's the first thing trumph has said or done that I do approve of.

I think Obama would have done the same thing. I think Hillary would have done the same thing.

Assad dodged a bullet ( cruise missile ? ) when he agreed to get rid of his chemical weapons a few years ago.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
April 8th, 2017 at 12:52:34 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Republicans should have made a similar argument for Garland then.

“I think the world of Merrick Garland,” Gorsuch said. “I think he’s an outstanding judge.”

I agree with you. I think Garland should have had a hearing, and then an up or down vote before the entire Senate. That doesn't change the fact that the Democrats who are in office now will not evaluate a nominee sent to them by DJT. I can guarantee you, they are not putting the country first, they are putting their Party first. I don't care if the Repubs were bad, The Dems had a chance to do the right thing, and they failed.
billryan
billryan
April 8th, 2017 at 1:16:12 PM permalink
Garland was nominated. He should have had a hearing. Until then, no one should. If Republicans didn't want him, they should have voted him down.
Running out the clock was chickenshit.

By the way, the same town in Syria that was gassed last week was bombed by jets today. Presumably from the base trump bombed. Other than rallying his base, what was accomplished? What's his strategy going forward?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
InTimeForSpace1
InTimeForSpace1
  • Threads: 0
April 8th, 2017 at 1:25:33 PM permalink

By the way, the same town in Syria that was gassed last week was bombed by jets today. Presumably from the base trump bombed. Other than rallying his base, what was accomplished? What's his strategy going forward?

Yep. Trumps' the slick know-it-all guy you ask about which wire to cut to defuse a bomb. When he says red, you cut the blue. The rich are only slightly less stupid than the poor, but it's enough to dazzle them. They live in their own little worlds which meet somewhere at the fringe.
Believers are the ones who keep at it long after they've been told it can't be done. On the other hand, the real experts shouldn't care about the crackpots. But, if the wrong answer begs the question, then the wrong question begs the answer.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 8th, 2017 at 1:28:10 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I agree with you. I think Garland should have had a hearing, and then an up or down vote before the entire Senate.

Does anybody, for one nanosecond, think that
if this had been Bush turning it over to Obama,
that the Dem senate would have voted on Bush's
candidate? It makes me LOL to think about it.
Didn't Obama say after he was elected, I won,
and elections have consequences?

Yup.
billryan
billryan
April 8th, 2017 at 3:16:29 PM permalink
I, for one, think they would have voted him down, but they would have done their job and had hearings and a vote. Not kicked the can down the road.
Had Hillary won, the GOP would have confirmed Garland in a flash.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 10th, 2017 at 5:18:20 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

How many dead Russians at the air base would have satisfied you? We need to know the next raid.

However many it takes to sufficiently piss off Putin enough to get him to release Donald's pee tape, of course!!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 10th, 2017 at 8:39:00 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

However many it takes to sufficiently piss off Putin enough to get him to release Donald's pee tape, of course!!

Are you typing that with your left hand? You sure seem to be excited about the possibility of seeing the President's junk.
ams288
ams288
April 10th, 2017 at 8:47:38 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Are you typing that with your left hand? You sure seem to be excited about the possibility of seeing the President's junk.

We need to know how small it is. It could explain A LOT.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 10th, 2017 at 11:32:31 AM permalink
Gorsuch is part of the SWAMP. That would be, the swamp that we were supposed to clean out of Washington.

Gorsuch is linked with globalism and was listed in 2008 as a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the KEY groups making up the Swamp.

What's the deal? These are people we weren't supposed to get. These are people who have been the problem all along.

Mnuchin was Goldman Sachs AND like Bush and Kerry was in Yale's secretive Skull & Bones. More SWAMP.

So called Mad Dog Mattis was at the 2015 Bilderberg meeting, a who's who in the effort toward globalism. MORE SWAMP!

Elaine Chao, also member of globalist Council on Foreign Relations. Wife of Mitch McConnell. SWAMP.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
April 10th, 2017 at 11:38:16 AM permalink
Yes, you will. You fell for the worst con-man in history and now are surprised? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
Fool me once, fool me again.
ams288
ams288
April 10th, 2017 at 12:07:28 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Gorsuch is part of the SWAMP. That would be, the swamp that we were supposed to clean out of Washington.

Gorsuch is linked with globalism and was listed in 2008 as a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the KEY groups making up the Swamp.

What's the deal? These are people we weren't supposed to get. These are people who have been the problem all along.

Mnuchin was Goldman Sachs AND like Bush and Kerry was in Yale's secretive Skull & Bones. More SWAMP.

So called Mad Dog Mattis was at the 2015 Bilderberg meeting, a who's who in the effort toward globalism. MORE SWAMP!

Elaine Chao, also member of globalist Council on Foreign Relations. Wife of Mitch McConnell. SWAMP.

Well, I respect this view a whole lot more than the vast majority of righties who just roll over and pretend Donald is doing what he campaigned for (he's not)...
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 10th, 2017 at 12:50:36 PM permalink

Yes, you will. You fell for the worst con-man in history and now are surprised? You really can fool some of the people all of the time.
Fool me once, fool me again.

Bill, is this reply directed at me? I can't tell because there are no quotes, but I assume it is.

Bill, I don't expect you to look through all the gibberish I have posted on this board, but I don't think you can find a statement by me that indicated I supported or voted for Trump. Stop being so mean to me.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 10th, 2017 at 12:52:37 PM permalink

Well, I respect this view a whole lot more than the vast majority of righties who just roll over and pretend Donald is doing what he campaigned for (he's not)...

Hey Ams288, I read it in the National Enquirer. lol :-) (just kidding)
ams288
ams288
April 10th, 2017 at 12:55:20 PM permalink

Now I know that isn't true! Every time I see the National Enquirer in the supermarket it's always some blatant pro-Trump nonsense. It's like they're not even trying to hide the fact that the owner is a friend a Donald.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 10th, 2017 at 12:57:39 PM permalink

By the way, acts of war are supposed to be declared by the legislative branch, not the executive. I've always said that, and I don't care who the president is.

Bring our troops HOME! Yesterday!

Put Graham and McCain in jail. LOCK 'EM UP! LOCK 'EM UP!
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 10th, 2017 at 1:17:55 PM permalink

The word is "objectivity".
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 10th, 2017 at 7:09:20 PM permalink
Headlines all over are screaming that we're
close to war. It's just Russia and N Korea
and everybody over reacting to a president
you can't slap around. If you kicked Obama
in the gut, he'd smile and say "Thank you
sir, may I have another? Sorry if I offended
you sir." After 8 years of the Comatose in
Chief, Trump has woken them up.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 10th, 2017 at 7:41:33 PM permalink

Headlines all over are screaming that we're
close to war. It's just Russia and N Korea
and everybody over reacting to a president
you can't slap around. If you kicked Obama
in the gut, he'd smile and say "Thank you
sir, may I have another? Sorry if I offended
you sir." After 8 years of the Comatose in
Chief, Trump has woken them up.

But Bob, since at least 1921 when the Council on Foreign Relations was founded, its members, placed strategically, have been selling out our country, appeasing and building up our enemies. I'm not sure if there has been a Secretary of State since then who was not a member. Is it any wonder we don't fight to win anymore? We were sold out at Yalta. We didn't win Korea. We LOST in Vietnam. The CFR specifically has led the way toward our country's demise. Its members got us into the anti-American United Nations. Do you know that three men wrote the UN Charter, two Soviets and a Soviet spy. Vishinsky, Molotov, and Alger Hiss (CFR).

And now, when it suddenly looks like there is some hope, Trump is appointing these SAME Swamp creatures. I still can't wrap my head around Bull Dog Mattis attending the 2015 Bilderberg Meeting. Omg!

Something smells. And I think it's the SWAMP.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 10th, 2017 at 7:51:29 PM permalink

Something smells. And I think it's the SWAMP.

By the way, please add National Security Advisor Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster.

Long time member, CFR.

THE SWAMP!
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
April 19th, 2017 at 10:15:55 AM permalink
Well, it looks like the March jobs report showed a gain of a whole 98,000 jobs. Last March (2016) there were 215,000 jobs added.
But no worries, King Trump and his Lilliputians will call the numbers fake and that all is well and that he's just making America great again.....................
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
April 19th, 2017 at 11:14:19 AM permalink
That's the part about this whole CON that I don't get how some people just don't see... ANYTHING that opposes trump or that he simply doesn't like he just calls fake, with zero facts/evidence/etc/etc/etc... Nope... just cries "fake" and that's that.

My crowd size was small and you have blatant 100% proof with your own eyes? FAKE NEWS REPORTING!

I have had serious ties to russian powers (2nd hand to putin himself) for a long time now and have money laundered with many of them repeatedly over the years and you're starting to find evidence of that? FAKE WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS!?!?

I have "THE BEST" people, trust me, I'm gonna drain the swamp! ...appoints billionaires with literally zero experience or clue how to run what they're now running and shockingly they dismantle regulations put in place to stop billionaires and companies from dumping (in some cases literally) all over the american people.

When I'm elected I'm going to lock Hillary up! ..."Yeah that sounds good during the campaign doesn't it? I'm not gonna do that."

Repeal and Replace day 1... I have the best people and "I alone can fix it!" ..."Who knew healthcare was so difficult???" and his plan would have literally screwed over the mass majority of people that voted for him.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
April 19th, 2017 at 11:50:52 AM permalink
Romes,
Trump is NOT playing with a full deck, has really limited intelligence, and has a propensity to lie without remorse. Yep....just the kind of person who should lead this nation.

This happens throughout history, somehow some screwballs are able to convince the populace that their thoughts and methods are always the correct ones. It may forever remain a mystery. Personally my belief is that most people just don't have the time or ability to confirm what they are told and so they merely accept. It is no different than radical muslims just accepting what their Imams tell them. Trump would make a good radical Imam.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 19th, 2017 at 12:07:26 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Romes,
Trump is NOT playing with a full deck, has really limited intelligence, and has a propensity to lie without remorse. Yep....just the kind of person who should lead this nation.

This happens throughout history, somehow some screwballs are able to convince the populace that their thoughts and methods are always the correct ones. It may forever remain a mystery. Personally my belief is that most people just don't have the time or ability to confirm what they are told and so they merely accept. It is no different than radical muslims just accepting what their Imams tell them. Trump would make a good radical Imam.

No wonder the baseball has been choppy, you are spending to much time thinking about Trump, not enough time tweaking algorithm. (-;
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
April 19th, 2017 at 12:47:25 PM permalink
It is no different than radical muslims just accepting what their Imams tell them. Trump would make a good radical Imam.

Hmm.... Observant Muslims don't drink. Trump doesn't drink.
Where there is smoke......
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
April 21st, 2017 at 4:00:38 PM permalink
Hey, here's something that's been boggling my mind for months...

So, Hillary said this:

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it."

And some Trump supporters went nuts about it. A lot of them started calling themselves "proud deplorables" and "deplorables for Trump." Why would they do that? I mean, if I was a Trump supporter, and Hillary said that, I would immediately say, "Well, geez, I'm glad I'm not one of THOSE Trump supporters... She certainly isn't talking about me!" But instead you had all these Trump supporters saying, "Yep. I'm a homophobic racist, and proud of it." Even if you're joking, why on Earth would you joke about something like that? Why would you even PRETEND to be a piece of shit?

I don't get it... am I just missing some point?
billryan
billryan
April 21st, 2017 at 5:21:48 PM permalink
Why do you think they are pretending? There are a lot of ignorant people out there. Less than ten years ago, I was in a bar in rural Arizona and was talking to two local guys. Told them I was from NYC and was asked if I knew any Jews. I told them yes, half of my fraternity was Jewish. Was asked if they can speak English, then was asked if it was true that Jews don't believe that Jesus was God. When I said that they don't, guy replied- Don't they know they are going to hell.
Were all Trump voters homophobic racists? Of course not. Not even most of them, but the vast majority of homophobic racists were Trump voters.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 21st, 2017 at 5:24:21 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Hey, here's something that's been boggling my mind for months...

So, Hillary said this:

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it."

And some Trump supporters went nuts about it. A lot of them started calling themselves "proud deplorables" and "deplorables for Trump." Why would they do that? I mean, if I was a Trump supporter, and Hillary said that, I would immediately say, "Well, geez, I'm glad I'm not one of THOSE Trump supporters... She certainly isn't talking about me!" But instead you had all these Trump supporters saying, "Yep. I'm a homophobic racist, and proud of it." Even if you're joking, why on Earth would you joke about something like that? Why would you even PRETEND to be a piece of shit?

I don't get it... am I just missing some point?

Have you ever heard of someone being insulted with something ridiculous for the situation, like calling someone a nerdy scrawny loser and instead of defending themselves they'd say, "Yup, I'm a total loser, live in my mom's basement, acne all over, jack off to weird Japanese cartoon porn! That's me!"?

And lots of people also said stuff like what you were saying, "I'm not a racist xenophobic etc. Trump supporter". But that insinuates there is a large sample of Trump supporters that are that way. And although some exist (in all demographics) it's not fitting for most or all Trump supporters......it'd be just as fitting, if not more, to say those things about Hillary supporters.

What I think is even more telling is no matter how many times these anti-Trumpers say Trump and/or his supporters are racist and all the other -ists or -phobics, they continuously lack in presenting any evidence that is the case. How many times had 777 said Trump was those things, but could never back it up? Just because people say something doesn't make it true.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 21st, 2017 at 5:51:42 PM permalink

Were all Trump voters homophobic racists? Of course not. Not even most of them, but the vast majority of homophobic racists were Trump voters.

Sorry, RS, but billryan has it correctly above.

1.There are homophobic and/or misogynistic and/or racists in this country. Millions of them.

2. The vast majority of those people voted for Trump.

3. There is tons of evidence out there in all directions. Lots of it might not be available to you, because you're a white male who is not any of #1 (mostly, anyway). So you're not on the white pride sites and mailing lists. Neither are you networking with the women and people of color who discuss these things among ourselves. But there's still plenty of evidence in the news and on social media that this divide exists. Denying it is foolish because it will never improve if it doesn't get acknowledged.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: