Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 402
  • Posts: 19834
January 28th, 2017 at 2:20:22 PM permalink
Election is over, time for a new thread.

US-bound Muslim Travelers Are Stopped From Boarding Flights

Hopefully what this eventually does is
prod the peaceful Muslims to getting
radical Muslims out of their mosques.
Things can't continue as they have been,
modern society won't tolerate it much
longer. With Trump, we aren't tolerating
it now.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2728876/us-muslim-travellers-stopped-boarding-flights-donald-trump-ban/
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 537
January 28th, 2017 at 2:34:32 PM permalink
Strange I remember the republicans being highly critical of Obama for using executive orders to carry out his agenda.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 402
  • Posts: 19834
January 28th, 2017 at 2:50:51 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Strange I remember the republicans being highly critical of Obama for using executive orders to carry out his agenda.



Executive Orders go back to George Washington.
Obama was actually kind of a piker when it came
to EO's. Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush jr, Eisenhower,
Truman, Nixon, Johnson all issued more EO's than
Obama. Roosevelt was the grandaddy of OE's, issuing
over 3500. Obama only had a paltry 275. So don't worry,
Trump will be setting no records. Even Teddy Roosevelt
had over 1000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders#Consolidated_list_by_President
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 537
January 28th, 2017 at 2:53:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Executive Orders go back to George Washington.
Obama was actually kind of a piker when it came
to EO's. Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush jr, Eisenhower,
Truman, Nixon, Johnson all issued more EO's than
Obama. Roosevelt was the grandaddy of OE's, issuing
over 3500. Obama only had a paltry 275. So don't worry,
Trump will be setting no records. Even Teddy Roosevelt
had over 1000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders#Consolidated_list_by_President


Right, I'm not partially opposed to them. It's just the GOP was vehemently opposed to their use when it was Obama. They are more than they're trumped up to be (heh), as they still have to work within the bounds of existing laws. The Executive branch can't create or edit laws.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 2714
January 28th, 2017 at 3:01:28 PM permalink
Donald's first 100 days:

Week 1 - "Alternative facts" is the only thing that anyone remembers.

Week 2 - The poorly executed "Muslim ban" that forgets to ban Muslims from countries where Donald has business interests will be what we all remember.
"Trumped up trickle down" has an entire new meaning now, thanks to those Russian prostitutes...
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 2714
January 28th, 2017 at 3:12:39 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Donald's first 100 days:

Week 1 - "Alternative facts" is the only thing that anyone remembers.

Week 2 - The poorly executed "Muslim ban" that forgets to ban Muslims from countries where Donald has business interests will be what we all remember.



Actually, I may be wrong. Some people may end up remembering this more from week 1:

"Trumped up trickle down" has an entire new meaning now, thanks to those Russian prostitutes...
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 402
  • Posts: 19834
Thanks for this post from:
mamat
January 28th, 2017 at 3:14:03 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

It's just the GOP was vehemently opposed



Governing by EO's is always bad when it's
the other party doing it. This has been the
case since Grant went hog wild with it in
the 1870's and issued over 200. Ever since
then it's whoever is in power that thinks
it's wonderful. Are you new to this? I
remember the Left went nuts when Nixon
issued 346. Then came Carter a couple years
later and issued 320 in 4 years. It's an old
old game.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
steeldco
steeldco 
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 4578
January 28th, 2017 at 3:14:11 PM permalink
I think that we should give Mr. Trump something special, unique. Let's set the record for shortest time in Presidential position prior to impeachment.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 402
  • Posts: 19834
Thanks for this post from:
bw
January 28th, 2017 at 3:19:08 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Actually, I may be wrong. Some people may end up remembering this more from week 1:



And we could have had this. We avoided the
bullet on this one. This would be Hillary boarding
the WH helicopter:

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 2714
January 28th, 2017 at 3:32:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

And we could have had this. We avoided the
bullet on this one. This would be Hillary boarding
the WH helicopter:



I love how much that picture of Donald's big butt getting on Marine One bugs you.

You've seen it twice now, and your knee jerk reaction was to post a pic of Hillary in response both times.

Priceless.
"Trumped up trickle down" has an entire new meaning now, thanks to those Russian prostitutes...

  • Jump to: