Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 9th, 2023 at 12:09:14 PM permalink
One of my favorite form of backhanded insults is: “He said you weren’t fit to eat with the pigs, but.I defended you and said that you were.”
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
August 9th, 2023 at 2:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: tuttigym

Quote: rxwine

If any form of "Are you still beating your wife." is okay, I may start using it. But I don't think it is. "Have you stopped welching on your bets?" "Have you stopped cheating your friends?" "Have you started changing your underwear?"
link to original post

Correct answers:

1. Not married.
2. I do not gamble.
3. What friends?
4. I don't wear undies.

tuttigym
link to original post

The questions are always asked in the context of where you can't explain them, you have to answer either yes or no. Like if you're on the witness stand.
link to original post

No you DON'T.

Question I have been asked: Are you a racist?
My answer: I don't understand the question. What is a racist? Define racist. Stopped the idiot in his tracks.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 9th, 2023 at 2:26:07 PM permalink

My answer: I don't understand the question. What is a racist? Define racist. Stopped the idiot in his tracks.

tuttigym
link to original post

You could just say, "No." If you ask them to define a racist, you're giving them the opportunity to define it in such a way that would include you. You can't refute it, because you've already said you don't understand and don't know what a racist is, so you have to go along with their definition and admit you are a racist based on their incorrect definition.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 9th, 2023 at 2:41:35 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

tuttigym
link to original post

You could just say, "No." If you ask them to define a racist, you're giving them the opportunity to define it in such a way that would include you. You can't refute it, because you've already said you don't understand and don't know what a racist is, so you have to go along with their definition and admit you are a racist based on their incorrect definition.
link to original post

Wrong Tiger, answering the question at all leaves the door open for the inquisitor to expand on why the question was asked in the first place. He might provide an erroneous or fraudulent follow up. Requiring him to define himself leaves MY follow ups to my advantage.

BTW, I stated that I did not UNDERSTAND the QUESTION not that I did not know what a racist is.

tuttigym
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 9th, 2023 at 2:46:11 PM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

The thing is they can rarely define it. "Racist" usually means they do not like something.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
August 9th, 2023 at 3:16:58 PM permalink
Is this it? Is this what it's all about?
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 9th, 2023 at 3:30:47 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

The thing is they can rarely define it. "Racist" usually means they do not like something.
link to original post

Exactly. A really ignorant question posed by a really ignorant party.

tuttigym
billryan
billryan
August 9th, 2023 at 3:34:12 PM permalink
I wonder what someone has to do to have someone ask such a question. Calling the person an idiot seems like a good beginning.

I've been asked if I was crazy, or drunk, or even stupid, but for some reason, no one has ever asked if I was a racist. It seems to be a problem confined to a small population subset.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 9th, 2023 at 3:36:32 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I wonder what someone has to do to have someone ask such a question. Calling the person an idiot seems like a good beginning.

I know I am no idiot for one simple reason. Before I do anything I ask myself "would an idiot do this?" and if the answer is "yes" then I do not do that thing.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
August 9th, 2023 at 4:51:34 PM permalink

I know I am no idiot for one simple reason. Before I do anything I ask myself "would an idiot do this?" and if the answer is "yes" then I do not do that thing.
link to original post

Historically there have been intelligent people who have been racist.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
rawtuff
August 9th, 2023 at 5:21:42 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

And?
DogHand
DogHand 
  • Threads: 2
August 9th, 2023 at 5:42:14 PM permalink

link to original post

Breathe?

;-)

Dog Hand
darkoz
darkoz 
August 9th, 2023 at 6:38:32 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

And?
link to original post

And what?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 9th, 2023 at 9:00:09 PM permalink

link to original post

I think we're all racist, if we use a loose definition of the word.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 10th, 2023 at 1:24:10 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

link to original post

link to original post

I'm insulted. Please suspend yourself $:o)

Did this thread go a bit off topic?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
rawtuff
August 10th, 2023 at 3:51:26 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I order vanilla milkshakes never chocolate. I would bet there are people that think that is racist.
rxwine
rxwine
August 10th, 2023 at 4:42:41 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Pattern recognition is just a part of human organization skills. It's whether you overstate it beyond what is accurate is where you get into errors. It's a big issue of discussion in gambling.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
August 10th, 2023 at 4:48:03 AM permalink
Just about everyone can find recognizable shapes of familiar things in the clouds in the skies. It's only a short jump to thinking you see patterns that don't exist elsewhere.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 10th, 2023 at 5:25:03 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I order vanilla milkshakes never chocolate. I would bet there are people that think that is racist.
link to original post

No one would ever think you are racist…. for that reason.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz 
August 10th, 2023 at 5:35:33 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I don't like Crackers. But I do love Hershey bars. I even like the ones with nuts. Occasionally I go looking for Mr. Goodbar
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 10th, 2023 at 5:44:18 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I don't like Crackers. But I do love Hershey bars. I even like the ones with nuts. Occasionally I go looking for Mr. Goodbar
link to original post

I don't know that I have seen a full size Mr. Goodbar in 40 years. I do still see them in the small sized mix bag I give out for Halloween.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
darkoz
darkoz 
August 10th, 2023 at 5:49:39 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I don't know that I have seen a full size Mr. Goodbar in 40 years. I do still see them in the small sized mix bag I give out for Halloween.
link to original post

For some reason candy bars even in America are divided by jurisdiction and region.

I actually have to mail order Zagnuts. They are not sold anywhere in NYC. Nearest place I have seen a Zagnut is Philly.

And Zero bars are only in select stores. Charleston Chews are also here bit hard to find.

It would not surprise me if the same were true for Mr. Goodbars. They are extremely common on the East Coast.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 10th, 2023 at 5:59:15 AM permalink

Quote: DRich

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

For some reason candy bars even in America are divided by jurisdiction and region.

I actually have to mail order Zagnuts. They are not sold anywhere in NYC. Nearest place I have seen a Zagnut is Philly.

And Zero bars are only in select stores. Charleston Chews are also here bit hard to find.

It would not surprise me if the same were true for Mr. Goodbars. They are extremely common on the East Coast.
link to original post

You must be my brother from another mother. I always like Zagnut and Zero bars because I was not a big chocolate eater as a child.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 6:00:42 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I guess you would have to define "intelligent." In what context does "intelligence" and racism go hand in hand?

tuttigym
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 6:05:40 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

There you go DO the definition of "intelligent."

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 6:12:25 AM permalink

BTW, I stated that I did not UNDERSTAND the QUESTION not that I did not know what a racist is.

tuttigym
link to original post

You literally asked him "What is a racist?" implying that you don't know what it is.

Quote:

answering the question at all leaves the door open for the inquisitor to expand on why the question was asked in the first place.

??? He can do that anyway, no matter what you answer.

If someone asks you if you're a racist, you say "No." End of conversation. There's no need to start getting all philosophical and trying to lay elaborate word traps. Say "no," and walk away.

Quote:

He might provide an erroneous or fraudulent follow up.

EXACTLY!! That's what you're doing when you ask him to define "racist." Don't even give him a chance to define anything or give any follow ups.

SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 6:16:24 AM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

You literally asked him "What is a racist?" implying that you don't know what it is.

Quote:

answering the question at all leaves the door open for the inquisitor to expand on why the question was asked in the first place.

If someone asks you if you're a racist, you say "No." End of conversation. There's no need to start getting all philosophical and trying to lay elaborate word traps. Say "no," and walk away.

Quote:

EXACTLY!! That's what you're doing when you ask him to define "racist." Don't even give him a chance to define anything or give any follow ups.

SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.
link to original post

If I agreed with you, Tiger, we would both be wrong.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 7:02:49 AM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

Quote:

Quote:

SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Your explanations make no sense. You are contradicting yourself in one sentence and agreeing with me on the next. You're either trying to troll me here, or you're doing an absolutely piss-poor job of explaining your argument.

But let me ask you... are you a racist?
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 7:22:08 AM permalink

link to original post

Good god, this is ban-bait if I've ever seen it....lol
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 8:20:17 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

How loosely do you have to define it before you fit the description? I don't believe I'm racist and challenge you to the term loosely enough that I'll fit it.
I'm personally offended by your suggestion but I would love to know how you think of yourself as possibly racist if you loosen the definition a bit.
Making claims about everyone being racist is a poor attempt to normalize hate. Shame on you. You know better.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rawtuff
rawtuff
August 10th, 2023 at 8:27:36 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

No one would ever think you are racist…. for that reason.
link to original post

Actually I know people (in their right mind in other regards) that will indeed feel this is because of racism.
Not even kidding. And those people are well accepted and well regarded members of their circles.

Not the case with people who feel ordering chocolate shakes only is because of racism also.
The hypocrisy, incredible brainwashing and double standards are not a myth anymore. It's a real life thing.
And i'm coming from a country with no African or SA minorities.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 8:32:08 AM permalink
What do I do if a black person offers to buy me a vanilla milkshake?!? Will I be canceled by EVERYONE???
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 8:40:12 AM permalink

What do I do if a black person offers to buy me a vanilla milkshake?!? Will I be canceled by EVERYONE???
link to original post

Joking about something as evil as racism is sad.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 10th, 2023 at 8:43:03 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Great. I haven't even gotten my milkshake yet and billryan is already canceling me.
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 8:54:14 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Great. I haven't even gotten my milkshake yet and billryan is already canceling me.
link to original post

You aren't being canceled but are in imminent danger of joining the League of Lesser Posters.
rawtuff
rawtuff
August 10th, 2023 at 9:02:02 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

You aren't being canceled but are in imminent danger of joining the League of Lesser Posters.
link to original post

And?
If that's the deal I'm the one who needs to get the banhammer since it escalated with my post. Still, don't see what's been wrong with it other than the rule of not bringing in controversial topics. So if anyone is being suspended, I am.

But the truth is what it is. Don't need to go blind on it just because of your political or other affiliations.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 9:03:24 AM permalink

link to original post

Well, I'm not an AP, so on this site I'm pretty much a "Lesser Poster" already....lol
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 9:10:35 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

And?
If that's the deal I'm the one who needs to get the banhammer since it escalated with my post. Still, don't see what's been wrong with it other than the rule of not bringing in controversial topics. So if anyone is being suspended, I am.

But the truth is what it is. Don't need to go blind on it just because of your political or other affiliations.
link to original post

Racism has nothing to do with politics, or at least it shouldn't. These days, it does seem one party enjoys blowing the race whistle more than the other, but that pendulum can swing both ways.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 9:41:59 AM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

Quote:

Quote:

SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Your explanations make no sense. You are contradicting yourself in one sentence and agreeing with me on the next. You're either trying to troll me here, or you're doing an absolutely piss-poor job of explaining your argument.

But let me ask you... are you a racist?
link to original post

Based on the Wizard's post, you are.

OD was offended by the post. Are you?

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 9:51:22 AM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

No. And you haven't answered my question. Are you a racist? Yes or no.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 12:27:57 PM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

No. And you haven't answered my question. Are you a racist? Yes or no.
link to original post

I don't understand the question. Define racist.

Again, based on the Wizard's post, are you? Were you offended by his assertion?

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 12:42:26 PM permalink

A racist is someone who posts on internet forums and has the word "gym" in their screenname. So are you a racist?

Quote:

tuttigym
link to original post

I already answered this.
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 12:44:02 PM permalink
When someone struggles with such a simple question, the answer seems moot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 10th, 2023 at 12:50:05 PM permalink

link to original post

How loosely do you have to define it before you fit the description? I don't believe I'm racist and challenge you to the term loosely enough that I'll fit it.
I'm personally offended by your suggestion but I would love to know how you think of yourself as possibly racist if you loosen the definition a bit.
Making claims about everyone being racist is a poor attempt to normalize hate. Shame on you. You know better.
link to original post

I have turned myself in to the other active moderators for sentencing on this complaint. Perhaps I will answer the question at DT.
billryan
billryan
August 10th, 2023 at 1:00:15 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I have turned myself in to the other active moderators for sentencing on this complaint. Perhaps I will answer the question at DT.
link to original post

I have not been on DT in years
Why can't you answer here. You opened the door.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 10th, 2023 at 1:02:39 PM permalink
A person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group.

I think that is a fair definition.

I used to argue, perhaps erroneously, that ‘racism’ included benign mention of differences in races…. Blacks are more likely to suffer from hypertension. Whites are more likely to attend Princeton. Asians are more likely to succeed in Calculus classes. Hispanics are more likely to be MLB shortstops.

I now think that ‘racism’ has to include some negative connotation rather than just mentioning factual differences between races.
tuttigym
tuttigym
August 10th, 2023 at 2:10:03 PM permalink

A racist is someone who posts on internet forums and has the word "gym" in their screenname. So are you a racist?

Quote:

tuttigym
link to original post

I already answered this.
link to original post

Based on the post with the associated definition, it should be beyond obvious that TigerWu is suffering from the disease: TERMINAL DUMB ASS.

tuttigym
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
TigerWugordonm888
August 10th, 2023 at 2:15:37 PM permalink

Based on the post with the associated definition, it should be beyond obvious that TigerWu is suffering from the disease: TERMINAL DUMB ASS.
link to original post

Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 10th, 2023 at 2:25:33 PM permalink

Quote:

tuttigym
link to original post

I already answered this.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

LOL.... I purposely made up a nonsensical definition of "racist" to illustrate the glaring flaw in your argument, and it went WAY over your head.

Anyway, you just got suspended so I guess this stupid back and forth has played itself out.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 10th, 2023 at 3:53:22 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Don't take this the wrong way, but you were not cut out to be a dictator.
  • Jump to: