GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
April 23rd, 2016 at 3:34:21 PM permalink
Let's go pens. I think they looked impressive in this series. Should be a good one once the caps finish the flyers.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 37
April 23rd, 2016 at 3:38:24 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Don't look now but...
After going up 3-0, the Caps find themselves playing game 6 in Philly tomorrow.

Yep...they look like the good snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. Being a Caps fan is not an easy thing. The Caps have a hot goaile; the other guy is hotter right now...and he has a little something to prove, since the Caps traded him away a few years back.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 25th, 2016 at 8:58:42 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

ROUND ONE
East
Washington v Philadelphia
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

If Anaheim wins Wednesday night, I'll have hit all eight of the first round series correctly.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
April 28th, 2016 at 8:23:04 AM permalink
Unfortunately, you didn't account for the Boudreau Factor. Licking my wounds and hoping for a new coaching situation. Been very tough to be in the stands for four successive Game 7 flame out defeats. Have to hand it to Face, he had Nashville in this series.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
ernestmiddle
ernestmiddle
  • Threads: 2
April 28th, 2016 at 8:30:55 AM permalink
Will the winning team be on Wrestlemania this year ?
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 8
April 28th, 2016 at 4:24:55 PM permalink

ROUND ONE
East
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

If Anaheim wins Wednesday night, I'll have hit all eight of the first round series correctly.

You jinxed it! I am kidding, seven out of eight is very strong. Who do you have winning WAS vs PIT?

Quote: Paradigm

Unfortunately, you didn't account for the Boudreau Factor. Licking my wounds and hoping for a new coaching situation. Been very tough to be in the stands for four successive Game 7 flame out defeats. Have to hand it to Face, he had Nashville in this series.

4 straight Game 7 playoff losses was probably very difficult to watch for Ducks fans. So now that your team is out, do you cheer for another team or just check out until next year?

Go Caps!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 75
April 28th, 2016 at 5:00:44 PM permalink
Boudreau.

I don't follow the NHL. I did attend a season of Z-level pro hockey in Sioux City, IA many moons ago, where one of the features was the Chicken Lady. She would reach over the boards and beat the opposing teams about the head and shoulders with a rubber chicken while the farmers howled. God protect the unwary or hyper-focused visitor on the ice.

Somehow "the Boudreau factor" brings all of that back, just the phrase, and I haven't the slightest idea what the reference means. Toothless banjo player sound to it.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
April 28th, 2016 at 5:00:50 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

ROUND ONE
East
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

You jinxed it! I am kidding, seven out of eight is very strong. Who do you have winning WAS vs PIT?

4 straight Game 7 playoff losses was probably very difficult to watch for Ducks fans. So now that your team is out, do you cheer for another team or just check out until next year?

Go Caps!

If by Go Caps your mean let's go Pens then I agree with you.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 8
April 28th, 2016 at 5:11:27 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

If by Go Caps your mean let's go Pens then I agree with you.

I am not a big NHL fan, but I am excited about this series. Feels like an early "Finals" even though it is just the 2nd round. Good luck to all.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
April 28th, 2016 at 5:13:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Boudreau.

I don't follow the NHL. I did attend a season of Z-level pro hockey in Sioux City, IA many moons ago, where one of the features was the Chicken Lady. She would reach over the boards and beat the opposing teams about the head and shoulders with a rubber chicken while the farmers howled. God protect the unwary or hyper-focused visitor on the ice.

Somehow "the Boudreau factor" brings all of that back, just the phrase, and I haven't the slightest idea what the reference means. Toothless banjo player sound to it.

Head Coach of Anaheim Ducks...has a history of coaching teams to regular season success followed by playoff under performance with both Capitals and now the Ducks. Heads will roll and it will likely be his this off season.
Attempting to add value one post at a time

• Jump to: