Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
April 14th, 2016 at 9:14:38 AM permalink
According to Face's "cut the map" analysis, one of those "low talent placeholder" teams won the Cup in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2012 & 2014. Since 2005 was the lock out, that means one of those placeholder teams won the Cup 45% of the time over the last 12 years! Yet Face left all the Canadian Franchise's in the insider's club and none of them have won since 1993 (Dude that is 22 years!!)...and two out of the last three times a Canadian team actually made the Finals, they lost to a Placeholder team. The NHL world has changed my friend....and this year's Champion will be another Placeholder Team!!
Attempting to add value one post at a time
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
April 14th, 2016 at 9:30:03 AM permalink
This may be true.
That does not make it 'good'. So there...
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 14th, 2016 at 10:07:53 AM permalink
Oh 2F, You're just bitter over last night's OT loss :-)...unfortunately for your son, Hawks aren't going to make it out of the first round...it isn't good, but that doesn't make it untrue :-)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 14th, 2016 at 12:39:42 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I had a bet with myself over/under 2 days for face to hate on crosby. I won the bet with the under.

2 days? C'mon, GWAE! I'm surprised it took me two posts =D

Quote: Toes14

So by your logic, LA never won those two recent Stanley Cups?

I didn't say that. I said they don't deserve consideration. Hell, even the Great One couldn't overcome the miasma of the West. He tossed up FOUR 200pt seasons...until he went to LA. Case closed.

Quote: Toes

There is hockey talent everywhere. Even in St. Louis, though you don't care to admit it. Tell me that there aren't 29 other teams in the league who'd want Tarasenko, Steen, Fabbri, Elliott, Lehtera, Shattenkirk, Boumeister, Petroangelo, and Backes on their rosters!

Sure, I loved Brett Hull. Maybe not openly, but he's in my heart. Hanging out with Bruce Smith, probably.

Not sure who the rest of those scrubs you posted are, but sure, I bet there are some teams that want them. You win this round.

Quote: Paradigm

According to Face's "cut the map" analysis, one of those "low talent placeholder" teams won the Cup in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2012 & 2014. Since 2005 was the lock out, that means one of those placeholder teams won the Cup 45% of the time over the last 12 years! Yet Face left all the Canadian Franchise's in the insider's club and none of them have won since 1993 (Dude that is 22 years!!)...and two out of the last three times a Canadian team actually made the Finals, they lost to a Placeholder team. The NHL world has changed my friend....and this year's Champion will be another Placeholder Team!!

40% of the teams winning 45% of the games? Pardon me if I'm not impressed by "slightly over par".

I know my map's not perfect. Hell, Columbus is in there. Bleh. You need to look at it kinda like basic strategy; not "computer perfect", but good enough for .gov work.

Just remember; an attack of my map is a defense of the Coyotes. Me? I prefer sleeping at night =p

And it kinda hurts, being accused of not trying and all. I spent all night pouring over simulations of NHLPA '93 for this. Them's my real picks, you can take 'em to the bank. Trust me; I'm a Leafs fan ;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 14th, 2016 at 2:43:29 PM permalink
So a few items here:

First, where do I send my dues to the Cindy Hater Club? There are literally no redeeming qualities of that complaining, diving, cheap shot artist that would turtle at the first sign of trouble piece of $^%*! He isn't a WoV member as far as I know, so it's OK to lay that down, right? Hell, I'll take the suspension for a Cindy insult :-P

Second, just ask the Great White North how hard making "par" in Cup wins has been over the last 25 years :-p

Third, an attack on Face's map is also is a defense of the Black Aces/Black Knights in Vegas and let's face it, being able to take in your favorite teams away game at the T Mobile Center and then hitting the tables later that night is a good thing :-)!
Face
Administrator
Face
April 14th, 2016 at 3:19:45 PM permalink

There are literally no redeeming qualities of that complaining, diving, cheap shot artist that would turtle at the first sign of trouble piece of $^%*!...

Hell of a shot. Crazy puck handling skills. Beautiful skater. Ain't got a lick of hockey in him.

No penalty for abuse of pro players. The only time sports talk almost came to suspensions is when Lem tried arguing that Mario was better than Wayne. Hell, that one almost came to a public hanging. Perhaps someone will come here extolling Cindy's virtues and there will be a public hanging =p

Third, an attack on Face's map is also is a defense of the Black Aces/Black Knights in Vegas and let's face it, being able to take in your favorite teams away game at the T Mobile Center and then hitting the tables later that night is a good thing :-)!

OK, real talk, I'm not concerned about hockey in Vegas. Locals may be, perhaps the stadium costs whatever, but I don't have a concern it would do OK. Maybe even good. Vegas is always busy, and a packed house ain't but 18k. It should work.

And I also don't have problems with them being south of the Mason-Dixon. They're not a real team, but that's their problem. Don't cost Face nuttin'

But if Vegas gets a team before QC, I'll lose my mind. It's just not natural.

I've already laid plans to flood the St Lawrence with poutine should it happen. Timmy Ho's is on board, BK's a maybe. Harvey's said no...

It just can't happen. I'll take my penchant for coups to Quebec, I don't care. #QCfirst
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 9
April 14th, 2016 at 3:58:38 PM permalink
Hockey is not my favorite sport but I am a bit of a Caps fan. They will either win it all or get bounced in the first round by the Flyers. Caps are the ~3/1 favs to win the Cup. Unfortunately, they are not coming into the Playoffs with any sort of Championship form.

Prediction:
STANLEY CUP FINALS
Washington v Anahiem

----------

Who is generally the most despised/dirty player in the NHL?
For example, the dirtiest player in the NBA (as voted by the players) is Matthew Dellavedova (Cleveland).
Face
Administrator
Face
April 14th, 2016 at 4:02:09 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Who is generally the most despised/dirty player in the NHL?

Ever, or right now?
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 9
April 14th, 2016 at 4:36:45 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Ever, or right now?

Both is fine for this discussion. Current players mentioned will be fun to watch during the Playoffs (if they are playing in them).
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
April 14th, 2016 at 4:40:52 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Both is fine for this discussion. Current players mentioned will be fun to watch during the Playoffs (if they are playing in them).

As a Pens fan I would have to say anyone on the flyers past or present.

• Jump to: