Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
April 14th, 2016 at 6:41:45 PM permalink
Quote: Face

But if Vegas gets a team before QC, I'll lose my mind. It's just not natural.

I've already laid plans to flood the St Lawrence with poutine should it happen. Timmy Ho's is on board, BK's a maybe. Harvey's said no...

It just can't happen. I'll take my penchant for coups to Quebec, I don't care. #QCfirst

Get the poutine ready...to many teams north of the Mason-Dixon line already and another Canadian placeholder franchise, please!! Just kidding Face :-P!

Well not really....NHL expands to 31 teams in '17-18 (Vegas). QC's best shot is a Carolina re-location (Florida was a potential, but Jagr & Co screwed up that plan). After Vegas, Seattle gets the next expansion team out West. It is all a matter of balance between conferences and you can't go to 17 teams in the East and 13 or 14 in the West...the numbers don't lie.

The other option is to move someone from the Eastern Conference to the Western Conference, but what move there makes any sense...you already had Detroit go the other way. That was a real shot through the plans for QC or the GTA to get another team.

Carolina is your best shot.....you need next year's average attendance to have a 10 or low 11 handle on it and I think you got a shot there. I bet Karmanos would jump at a chance to move to QC if the option was given to him...he knows where he would make the most $$ and it ain't Raleigh, NC
Attempting to add value one post at a time
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 14th, 2016 at 7:13:55 PM permalink

Hell of a shot. Crazy puck handling skills. Beautiful skater. Ain't got a lick of hockey in him.

Ha, I meant as a person....Cindy can't hold a candle to other players with similar skills...I'd take Messier, Jagr, Yzerman, etc. over Cindy. Think you would ever find video like this of any of those true great NHLers: Cry Baby Crosby

He is and always will be a punk! Gotta love Kovalchuk at the 3:11 mark...Cindy must regularly be wearing a Kevlar vest under those shoulder pads, there is no other way he could have survived getting shot so many times on the ice. He sure likes to get tough when his teammate is holding the other player though or have one of his teammates take on the scrap after he gets in a few cheap shots to get things going.

Name me another #1 center that is as bad for the league as his antics. When your own colleagues think you are the worst whiner...I don't think that is a vote you want to be winning...I could be wrong though :-)....I stand by my statements.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 15th, 2016 at 9:31:45 AM permalink

Sure, I loved Brett Hull. Maybe not openly, but he's in my heart. Hanging out with Bruce Smith, probably.

Not sure who the rest of those scrubs you posted are, but sure, I bet there are some teams that want them. You win this round.

Ok. I'm done.

No use arguing with someone who doesn't even know who one of the most dynamic leading scorers in the league over the past two years is (77 goals, 147 pts). Or who the goalie with the lowest GAA and highest save percentage was this season. Or the rookie defensemen whose +/- more than doubled the next two highest rookies. I'll save my discussion for people with real hockey knowledge.

Tarasenko
Parayko
Elliott
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
April 15th, 2016 at 10:22:17 AM permalink
Quote: Toes14

Ok. I'm done.

No use arguing with someone who doesn't even know who one of the most dynamic leading scorers in the league over the past two years is (77 goals, 147 pts). Or who the goalie with the lowest GAA and highest save percentage was this season. Or the rookie defensemen whose +/- more than doubled the next two highest rookies. I'll save my discussion for people with real hockey knowledge.

Tarasenko
Parayko
Elliott

Since Face hates crosby he loses all credibility anyways ;-)
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 15th, 2016 at 11:43:20 AM permalink
Wait, I hate Cindy...I refuse to allow that to be the credibility litmus test :-)
GWAE
GWAE
April 15th, 2016 at 12:08:37 PM permalink
Hmmm, I guess it's hard to be thr best
Paradigm
Paradigm
April 15th, 2016 at 12:46:59 PM permalink
The best at what? Crying....Diving....Turtling? Did you watch that video...his on ice antics are horrible...no one can defend that activity....it is embarrassing to be seen in a Pens 87 jersey if you are over the age of 16.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 15th, 2016 at 1:12:25 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

No use arguing with someone...

I said "You win". What's left to argue? Silly goose.

Quote: Toes

who doesn't even know who one of the most dynamic leading scorers in the league...

What we have here is a failure to communicate. If I had known you switched topics to PK Subban, I'd have had more to say. So what about the most dynamic scorer in the league? Pretty boss, huh? If he loses the attitude, he'll be one of the Greats, for sure.

Quote: Toes

I'll save my discussion for people with real hockey knowledge.

You wanna talk stats, then yes, please do find someone else. I don't mean that as snarky as it sounds, I'm just not that type of guy. Wanna talk up-and-comers, superstars of today, the next big thing, I ain't your guy for that, either. But hockey? I know me some hockey. I just don't watch it that much, and if I do, it's only teams that matter (Jesus, man, have a beer and check the sig =p)

Quote: GWAE

Hmmm, I guess it's hard to be thr best

Dion Phaneuf is a turd. We call him Pylon

Quote: Merriam-Webster

noun - py·lon \ˈpī-ˌlän, -lən\ 1 a : a usually massive gateway

See, just because you love a team doesn't mean you have to drop and gargle all their "stars". I've bled Blue and White since '93, and Phaneuf is a turd. He's huge, talented, got mad skills, raking in huge money, has the big ol' "C" on his chest, and he's a f#$%^ing turd. See how easy that is?

I just wanted to point that out so you feel safe in expressing yourself. Unless, of course, you already are expressing your true feelings. In which case, Paradigm, please fetch the rope. I can bang out this here gallows before the sun sets.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 15th, 2016 at 1:27:16 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Name me another #1 center that is as bad for the league as his antics. When your own colleagues think you are the worst whiner...I don't think that is a vote you want to be winning...I could be wrong though :-)....I stand by my statements.

I just watched it and I'm very literally sweating right now I am so pissed. I remember that Flyers game when every single person was in the box except the one who deserved it most. I would forfeit every material good I have for one shot at that piece of excrement. 30 seconds, on the ice, me v him. Everything. I. Own.

This is why we need a Domi, a Samuelsson, a McSorely. He would've pulled that s#$% ONE TIME, and then had 3 weeks off for a concussion. Bet he wouldn't have done it again.

Thanks for igniting the fire and giving me a reason to look forward to playoff hockey, Paragigm. Go Pens!
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
GWAE
GWAE
April 15th, 2016 at 1:39:36 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

The best at what? Crying....Diving....Turtling? Did you watch that video...his on ice antics are horrible...no one can defend that activity....it is embarrassing to be seen in a Pens 87 jersey if you are over the age of 16.

Haha, to be honest I couldn't care less about his antics or whether team mates like him or not. As long as he helps the team is all I care about. Just like when Matt cooke was here. His antics were horrible but he did a lot of good for the team.

I hate giroux and Simmons but if they were traded to the Pens then I would like them. Just like last year when (the flyer who's name icant remember had a try out with the pens) if he would have helped the city win then I would have rooted for him.

The entire sports world and the money they make just makes me sick. Every year I am growing further and further away from sports because of this.

• Jump to: