Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 13th, 2016 at 10:29:18 AM permalink
Just thought I'd start a thread on the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs, and my predictions for each series.

ROUND ONE
East
Washington v Philadelphia
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

ROUND TWO
Washington v Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay v NY Islanders

St. Louis v Dallas
Anaheim v San Jose

CONF FINALS
Washington v Tampa Bay
St. Louis v Anaheim

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Washington v St. Louis

I realize I'm going out on a limb picking my Blues to advance so far, when their past history doesn't support it. But lately something just feels different about this team. The rookies (Fabbri, Parayko, Edmundson) are playing like high caliber veterans, and seem to hold up well under pressure. The newly acquired veterans (Brouwer, Brodziak, Upshall) have quality playoff experience. Elliott is playing very well lately, and can steal a game or two when needed.

And for the first time I can remember, the Blackhawks look human. They've got some questions to answer about their defensive depth and how well Crawford will respond in goal returning from his injury. A 2nd round match-up against Dallas doesn't scare me, as the Blues went 4-1 against them this year, and who knows how long they will be without Tyler Seguin? Anaheim always plays the Blues tough, but we went 2-1 against them this year, and will have home ice advantage. A Stanley Cup Finals against Washington could be epic! the two team split 1-1 this year, each team dominating at home.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 13th, 2016 at 11:30:08 AM permalink
Washington vs St Louis? I just threw up in my own mouth. This ain't baseball, friend-o. What you need to do is find you a map. Once found, begin cutting along the Mason-Dixon line going west. When you reach Springfield, IL, cut to the Canadian border so that you intersect Fargo, then continue cutting along the Canadian border until you reach the Pacific.

If you in the north half, you hockey. If you in the south, you the Brooklyn Brawler. Just some low-talent placeholder we swept off the floor and tossed in the ring so the stars can stretch their legs. And don't even get me started on the Southwest or a whole lotta feelings gonna get hurt.

On topic, the lineup you posted is it? GD, what a sorry affair. The more I read it, the more rustled my jimmies. Hell, Dallas is the only Canadian team even in it! Jesus wept, AZD is right; this society has collapsed.

I honestly came here to participate, but I now find myself unable to comprehend the horrors before mine own eyes. I'm gonna need a bit to mull this over. I'll be back with a prediction; if I happen to forget, put me down for the Nordiques to win it all.

To be continued...
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
April 13th, 2016 at 12:31:22 PM permalink
would Pens and Caps play each other in the 2nd round? 1 vs 2 seed in the 2nd round?

eta, just looked at the bracket. I forgot they did the weird 4 conference thing. that is silly.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
April 13th, 2016 at 1:55:05 PM permalink
Got my Flyers facial growth going. I don't expect it to get too long.

No Boston? Too bad (NOT!)
GWAE
GWAE
April 13th, 2016 at 2:01:22 PM permalink
I was hoping no detroit
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
April 13th, 2016 at 3:21:43 PM permalink
Blackhawks.

I know, doesn't look like a winner.

Blackhawks. I don't even like them......

Blackhawks.

My son made me do it, Blackhawks
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 13th, 2016 at 4:05:02 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I was hoping no detroit

Detroit sacrificed Barry Sanders' career for eternal Wings bids. And then there was that incident with TheCessPit and the chickens. Get used to it; Hockeytown is in forever (I don't like it either, but I can't combat Barry Sanders blood magic)

I suppose I'll get to memorializing my pics. As is standard, no effort will be given towards the West, as they do not deserve the recognition.

ROUND ONE
East
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

ROUND TWO
Philly v Rangers
Tampa Bay v Florida

Dallas v Chicago
Nashville v San Jose

CONF FINALS
Rangers v Tampa
Dallas v Nashville

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Rangers v Nashville

/sigh. That's a pretty garbage showing. Not a secondary or even tertiary team to cheer for.

Emotional pick goes to the Pens. The more they play, the more likely Cindy gets killed and retires.

Confidence pick - SJ. I know what I'm doing.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 62
April 13th, 2016 at 4:13:53 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I was hoping no detroit

Me too. Piss on the Illitches!
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
GWAE
GWAE
April 13th, 2016 at 5:03:39 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Detroit sacrificed Barry Sanders' career for eternal Wings bids. And then there was that incident with TheCessPit and the chickens. Get used to it; Hockeytown is in forever (I don't like it either, but I can't combat Barry Sanders blood magic)

I suppose I'll get to memorializing my pics. As is standard, no effort will be given towards the West, as they do not deserve the recognition.

ROUND ONE
East
Pittsburgh v NY Rangers
Florida v NY Islanders
Tampa Bay v Detroit

West
Dallas v Minnesota
St. Louis v Chicago
Anaheim v Nashville
Los Angeles v San Jose

ROUND TWO
Philly v Rangers
Tampa Bay v Florida

Dallas v Chicago
Nashville v San Jose

CONF FINALS
Rangers v Tampa
Dallas v Nashville

STANLEY CUP FINALS
Rangers v Nashville

/sigh. That's a pretty garbage showing. Not a secondary or even tertiary team to cheer for.

Emotional pick goes to the Pens. The more they play, the more likely Cindy gets killed and retires.

Confidence pick - SJ. I know what I'm doing.

I had a bet with myself over/under 2 days for face to hate on crosby. I won the bet with the under.
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 14th, 2016 at 8:14:31 AM permalink
So by your logic, LA never won those two recent Stanley Cups? Come on, try being serious. Maybe look at it analytically instead of throwing broad generalizations out. Your rant sounds like someone who wishes the NHL never expanded from the original 6!

There is hockey talent everywhere. Even in St. Louis, though you don't care to admit it. Tell me that there aren't 29 other teams in the league who'd want Tarasenko, Steen, Fabbri, Elliott, Lehtera, Shattenkirk, Boumeister, Petroangelo, and Backes on their rosters!
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez

• Jump to: