Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 32
Thanks for this post from:
Minty
March 23rd, 2019 at 4:41:20 PM permalink
I see the Red Rock is offering a "no resort fee" deal from now through mid-April. They're looking to attract the spring break crowd I suppose. I hope it's a trend that catches on.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
March 23rd, 2019 at 4:54:07 PM permalink
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/hotels-and-resorts/some-vegas-resorts-are-cutting-fees-to-increase-visitation.html

Sh## site but the Review Journal now requires a subscription.

We may have reached a point where the Big 2 may realize F****ing customers isn’t a good long term strategy as others try to steal their customers.

Or they find a way to buy out the competition and keep cultivating sheep.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:06:14 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Sh## site but the Review Journal now requires a subscription.

You can get around the RJ subscription by hitting the cancel button in your browser as soon as the text of the article comes up. It will stop loading the code before the subscription code loads.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 32
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:16:36 PM permalink
The parking fee situation is interesting. I never thought of it from a local's point of view. Were I an LV resident there's no way I'd pay to park just to eat at a resort restaurant.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:31:23 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The parking fee situation is interesting. I never thought of it from a local's point of view. Were I an LV resident there's no way I'd pay to park just to eat at a resort restaurant.

I live in Pittsburgh. If I want to eat at any of the options in the city I have to pay to park. There are no free options at all.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
March 23rd, 2019 at 5:53:18 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I live in Pittsburgh. If I want to eat at any of the options in the city I have to pay to park. There are no free options at all.

People seem to forget that it is normal to pay to park in most big cities. I paid $50 recently to park in Atlanta for dinner.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 15
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:11:31 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

You can get around the RJ subscription by hitting the cancel button in your browser as soon as the text of the article comes up. It will stop loading the code before the subscription code loads.

Where do I find the cancel button?
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
  • Threads: 17
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:16:42 PM permalink
I can confirm that having Noir doesn’t automatically exempt you from resort fees. Your host has to remove it during reservation or at check out. Also, there is no “magic” list of perks others than the ones listed.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 5
March 23rd, 2019 at 8:16:08 PM permalink
This quote from the Caesar's executive amuses me: "We don’t have any plans on changing the structure we have in place, we are certainly sensitive to the fact that we can hurt our own profitability and revenue growth if we get exorbitant or do things that have no value to them.”

Like yeah, obviously! Haha. The language is so detached from the people who actually are visiting it's disappointing but not surprising. All about the numbers.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
DRich
DRich
March 23rd, 2019 at 8:49:58 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Where do I find the cancel button?

On Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge it is the "X" button that replaces the refresh button when loading a web page.

• Jump to: