teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 2nd, 2016 at 3:31:03 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

The resort fee thing is all about placement in search results. As most folks sort by price, the more unlisted fees the better. This explains why CET felt forced to start charging a fee. I had hoped a better ad campaign would have worked. Let's face it, consumers aren't too bright. If you can get folks to sit down at a 6:5 blackjack table, resort fees are easy.
I've never been charged a resort fee when comped. Some regulatory accounting thing, I guess.

MGM Resorts will always charge you a resort fee on a comped room. They suck. Boyd Gaming and Caesars will not charge you a resort fee on a comped room. Cosmopolitan will for lower-tier players. Venetian also will charge you.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
January 2nd, 2016 at 6:30:30 PM permalink
Most places waive the resort fee when room is comped- I don't play at cet/ but Cosmo- mirage- aria- treasure island- What I was reallly effing pissed out was the palazzo now charges 19.99 for Internet even in their comped suites- unless a host specifically mentions Internet- you should hear the people complain- they still have the VIP check in on the strip
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
January 2nd, 2016 at 8:53:38 PM permalink
Internet Charges are rarely worth paying for as the daily charge generally buys a lot of data overages if you just turn your phone into a internet hot spot and use cellular service for all your data/internet connectivity.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
January 3rd, 2016 at 11:18:37 AM permalink
The difference between comping (waiving) the resort fee and having to use your "comp dollars" to pay for it makes a huge difference for the moderate gambler staying on comps. Over a three day weekend, $75 is a couple of meals (difference between staying at NYNY and any CET property).

Additionally, if paying $20 for internet annoys you, look into "Karma Go". Pay as you go (no monthly fee) on the Sprint network, $10 per gigabyte, high 3G speeds. Good for crappy streaming or web browsing.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
teddys
teddys
January 3rd, 2016 at 1:01:21 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

The difference between comping (waiving) the resort fee and having to use your "comp dollars" to pay for it makes a huge difference for the moderate gambler staying on comps. Over a three day weekend, $75 is a couple of meals (difference between staying at NYNY and any CET property).

It's actually $100.80 for three nights at NYNY. ($33.60x3).
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
ahiromu
ahiromu
January 3rd, 2016 at 1:21:30 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

It's actually $100.80 for three nights at NYNY. ($33.60x3).

Isn't the rest tax? $25 resort fee and $8 tax, the latter you'd be liable for at both?
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
teddys
teddys
January 3rd, 2016 at 2:45:50 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Isn't the rest tax? $25 resort fee and $8 tax, the latter you'd be liable for at both?

NYNY went up to $30+tax per night now. CET won't charge a resort fee on a comped room, and not on any room if you are Platinum or higher.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
January 3rd, 2016 at 2:49:36 PM permalink
"$29.12 tax inclusive" at Luxor according to the offers I have on the Mlife website. $35.84 at Aria.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
ahiromu
ahiromu
January 3rd, 2016 at 3:46:10 PM permalink

NYNY went up to $30+tax per night now. CET won't charge a resort fee on a comped room, and not on any room if you are Platinum or higher.

I thought you still paid tax on fully comped CET rooms, shows you how much attention I pay to my exact bill.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 5th, 2016 at 9:47:03 AM permalink

CET won't charge a resort fee on a comped room, and not on any room if you are Platinum or higher.

That is not accurate, based on a two-night comped stay at Bally's last month for my birthday. And I'm a steady Platinum.

• Jump to: