Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 33
April 25th, 2019 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
After 15 episodes with the same champion, I bet they've gone through all of the 'human interest' material he had originally submitted and Alex has to reach for topics to talk about.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 16
April 25th, 2019 at 2:09:27 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

After 15 episodes with the same champion, I bet they've gone through all of the 'human interest' material he had originally submitted and Alex has to reach for topics to talk about.

This.

Itís gotta be a stretch to come up with a fun new family-friendly anecdote to talk about every night.
Lock him up!
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 37
April 25th, 2019 at 2:28:32 PM permalink
https://thejeopardyfan.com has today's episode result ahead of time, they also have good statistics on likely winning streaks and other interesting info.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 29
April 25th, 2019 at 2:51:33 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

.. today's episode result ahead of time ....tonight's episode.

I usually watch it via dailymotion the following morning UK time but today noticed they had already posted the video of "4-25-19" - I've put the link in spoiler in case it gives a preview

btw what time does the show goes out generally to people in the US as if they keep doing this I'll see it before everyone else!

(I used to be on an ABBA forum where lots of people in Australia watched Eurovision the following evening primetime, so there was a bar on mentioning the results for that day. Do we need to establish a similar rule if sometime really dramatic happens?)
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
April 25th, 2019 at 2:52:27 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

I thought that question was awkward as well. I thought maybe there was a backstory to him coming from humble beginnings or financially challenged upbringing, which would prompt Alex to ask that question.

The town he is from is middle to upper to rich. I live in the bordering town. Not so rich...
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
Thanks for this post from:
charliepatrick
April 25th, 2019 at 2:57:30 PM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

...btw what time does the show goes out generally to people in the US as if they keep doing this I'll see it before everyone else!

When the show airs in the US varies around the country. I'm on the west coast and I see it at 7:00 pm. Others on the west coast may see it at different times. I think I remember my mom in Seattle say she watches it at 7:30 pm. I recall reading that one viewer, on the East Coast I think, normally watches it in the afternoon, and he is three hours ahead of me, which means he could be watching it each day as much as six hours or more, before I do. And of course Hawaii is three hours behind me.

So the time it airs is all over the place.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
April 25th, 2019 at 3:37:00 PM permalink

https://thejeopardyfan.com has today's episode result ahead of time, they also have good statistics on likely winning streaks and other interesting info.

They should offer to write a colorful anecdote for a fee paid by the contestant.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 90
April 25th, 2019 at 5:00:13 PM permalink

Thank you. I came on hoping someone posted the results since I was at kids baseball game tonight.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
April 25th, 2019 at 5:02:11 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Thank you. I came on hoping someone posted the results since I was at kids baseball game tonight.

They just aired east coast. So spoiler.

James won a little over 90k. Found all 3 dd, got them right. Was the only one to get FJ correct.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 90
April 25th, 2019 at 5:05:57 PM permalink
I am not sure if we should wish you luck on your audition. What would your feeling be if you showed up in 2 months and you see him there still. That means he would be on for about 5 months at that point
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

• Jump to: